Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
in Tiff With
Nov 19, 2022 11:30 AM CST
NBA Star Flings Ladder in Tiff With Arena Staffer
Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo lost his cool in confrontation after game in Philly
- Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo argued with an arena worker and flung a ladder away from a basket, sending it toppling over as he tried to shoot practice free throws after the Bucks' 110-102 loss to Philadelphia on Friday night. After going 4 for 15 from the line, Antetokounmpo returned to...
Big Blow for
Nov 5, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Another Big Blow for Kyrie Irving
Nike has now cut ties with suspended Brooklyn Nets player over antisemitic video
- Nike has suspended its relationship with Kyrie Irving and canceled its plans to release his next signature shoe, the latest chapter in the ongoing fallout since the Brooklyn Nets guard tweeted a link to a film containing antisemitic material. The shoe giant announced Friday night that it will halt its...
Sarver to Sell Teams, Blames
Sep 21, 2022 1:01 PM CDT
Sarver to Sell Teams, Blames 'Unforgiving Environment'
He has started process of selling Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury
- Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury owner Robert Sarver will soon be known as "former owner." Sarver on Wednesday announced that he was starting the process of selling both teams in the wake of what CNBC calls the NBA's "damning" report on bullying and racist and misogynistic...
Timberwolves Star Fined for
'Hurtful' Social Media Remarks
Sep 20, 2022 9:56 PM CDT
Timberwolves Star Fined for 'Hurtful' Social Media Remarks
Anthony Edwards made homophobic comments in Instagram video
- Minnesota Timberwolves guard Anthony Edwards has apologized for "immature, hurtful, and disrespectful" remarks he made on social media last week. The NBA announced Tuesday that the 21-year-old has been fined $40,000 for using homophobic language in a video he shared with his 1.2 million followers on Instagram,...
Jersey Just Broke
All Jersey Records
Sep 16, 2022 12:18 PM CDT
Michael Jordan Jersey Just Broke All Jersey Records
He wore it during the 1998 'Last Dance' series, and it sold for $10.1M
- A Chicago Bulls jersey sold for a stunning $10.1 million at a Sotheby's auction—and it's not even from a game the team won. Michael Jordan wore the jersey in the first game of the 1998 NBA Finals, which were chronicled in
The Last Dance
NBA Hands Big Penalty
to Owner After Investigation
Sep 13, 2022 2:02 PM CDT
NBA Hands Big Penalty to Owner After Investigation
Robert Sarver of Phoenix Suns accused of racist, misogynistic behavior
- The NBA has suspended Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury owner Robert Sarver for one year and fined him $10 million after an investigation found that he had engaged in what the league called "workplace misconduct and organizational deficiencies," per the AP . The findings of the league's report...
NBA Makes Unusual
Move for Election Day
Aug 16, 2022 1:24 PM CDT
NBA Makes Unusual Move for Election Day
No games will be played on November 8, to encourage voting
- The NBA will release its 2022-23 schedule on Wednesday, but one day is already known to be a blank slate—November 8. As in, Election Day. The league announced Tuesday that no teams will play that day in order to encourage people to vote, reports Politico . Instead, all 30 teams...
Like Bill Russell
Jul 31, 2022 3:25 PM CDT
Nobody Won Like Bill Russell
Star won 11 championships while, Obama said, 'standing up for the rights and dignity of all men'
- Bill Russell, the NBA Hall of Famer considered by many the greatest player in the history of team sports and a towering figure in the struggle for civil rights, died Sunday at 88. A tweet by his family statement said only that his wife, Jeannine, was at his side. Russell...
NBA Player's Wife
'I Can't Be Silent
Jul 2, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
NBA Player's Wife on Instagram: 'I Can't Be Silent Anymore'
Charlotte Hornets' Miles Bridges charged with domestic violence; spouse posts photos online
- On Wednesday, Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges was arrested for felony domestic violence, and on Friday, his wife headed to Instagram to weigh in on what's been going on. Mychelle Johnson posted a series of photos showing apparent injuries from the alleged attack, which the LAPD says took place...
He Was an NBA
in 2017, Is Now
Dead at 25
Jun 22, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
He Was an NBA First-Round Pick in 2017, Is Now Dead at 25
Caleb Swanigan was chosen by the Portland Trail Blazers in the first round that year
- Former NBA player Caleb Swanigan died Monday night at a Fort Wayne, Indiana, hospital at age 25. Swanigan, Indiana's Mr. Basketball in 2015, was a standout player for the Purdue Boilermakers when he became a first-round draft pick of the Portland Trail Blazers in 2017, ESPN reports. During his...
Warriors Slap 'Fake Klay'
With a Lifetime Ban
Jun 15, 2022 7:35 PM CDT
Warriors Slap 'Fake Klay' With a Lifetime Ban
YouTuber made it into Chase Center by impersonating player
- A YouTuber who impersonated Golden State Warriors player Klay Thompson to get into the team's San Francisco arena before Game 5 of the NBA Finals has been banned for life, the team says. In a YouTube video , Dawson Gurley can be seen strolling past security guards, wearing a Warriors...
Jun 2, 2022 11:37 AM CDT
LeBron James Gets His 'Biggest Milestone'
'Forbes' anoints him a billionaire, making him the first active NBA player to get there
- Eight years ago, LeBron James told
that he was chasing his "biggest milestone"—achieving billionaire status. Mission accomplished, according to
. The magazine now calculates James' worth to be $1 billion, making him the first active NBA player to reach the mark. Michael Jordan made the list...
Rubio Takes Issue With
NBA Call for Gun Reform
May 26, 2022 1:07 PM CDT
Rubio Takes Issue With NBA Call for Gun Reform
Miami Heat announcer makes 'strikingly strong' call
- On Tuesday night, Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr made waves with his gun reform-focused press conference . On Wednesday, the Miami Heat made a similar move. Ahead of their playoff matchup against the Boston Celtics, the PA announcer kicked things off with this: "The Heat organization, the Boston Celtics,...
Another Ugly Incident Between
Rival Fans, an NBA Player
May 9, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Another Ugly Incident Between Rival Fans, an NBA Player
Chris Paul of Phoenix Suns says mother was touched, wife was shoved in Dallas
- This year's NBA playoffs have seen some high-profile nastiness between an NBA player and rival fans. But an incident during Sunday's game between the Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks might top that, because it involves a player's family. The Mavericks removed a fan for what it called...
Fans Let Kyrie Irving Have It,
and He Responded in Kind
Apr 18, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Fans Let Kyrie Irving Have It, and He Responded in Kind
Nets star takes flak for flipping the bird in Boston
- The Boston Celtics beat the Brooklyn Nets 115-114 Sunday in the first game of their playoff series, but much of the attention afterward was focused not so much on the game as on Kyrie Irving's middle fingers. The Nets star flipped off Boston fans on at least two occasions,...
NBA Star Wants
to End Career
Feb 20, 2022 1:35 PM CST
NBA Star Wants to End Career Alongside His Son
LeBron James, whose future teammate is 17, isn't sure where or when
- LeBron James doesn't know when or where he'll play his last season in the NBA, but he's firm on the identity of one teammate. "My last year will be played with my son," James said, per CNN . "Wherever Bronny is at, that's where...
Big NBA Stat
Dec 29, 2021 12:11 AM CST
Steph Curry Notches Another Big NBA Stat
He now has 3,000 3-pointers
Two weeks after setting the NBA record for 3-pointers, Steph Curry had another big night Tuesday when the Golden State Warriors player became the first player in league history to make 3,000 3-pointers, the AP reports. Even so, the Denver Nuggets beat the Warriors 89-86. Video of No....
Disarray Due to COVID
in Sports World Continues
Dec 20, 2021 2:02 AM CST
Disarray Due to COVID in Sports World Continues
NBA postpones 5 mores games, NHL shuts down 2 more teams
- The NBA on Sunday postponed a total of five games involving nine teams in response to rising coronavirus numbers, raising the number of contests that have been pushed back this season to seven, the AP reports. Called off were three Sunday games: Cleveland at Atlanta, Denver at Brooklyn and New...
Nets to Let Irving, Still
Unvaxxed, Play in Some Games
Dec 18, 2021 6:00 AM CST
Nets to Let Irving, Still Unvaxxed, Play in Some Games
'We arrived at this decision with the full support of our players,' says GM Sean Marks
Unless Kyrie Irving decides to get vaxxed, you won't be seeing him play for the Nets in Brooklyn anytime soon. You will, however, be able to catch him on the road in certain away games, after the NBA team announced Friday they'd be bringing their All-Star guard...
NFL Reschedules 3 Games
Over COVID Outbreaks
Dec 17, 2021 2:56 PM CST
NFL Reschedules 3 Games Over COVID Outbreaks
NHL and NBA also getting hit
- Sports fans of any league: If you planned to watch some games this weekend, better check the schedules often, because COVID outbreaks are taking a toll:
The NFL is shifting three games that were scheduled for this weekend. The Browns-Raiders game is moving from Saturday to Monday, while the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secret Recording of Pope Is Played in Court
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
He Mountain Biked an Iconic 27-Mile Trail—Uphill
They Worked on an Execution, and Suffered for It
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.