Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Temporary Rule Change Could
End Tuberville's Blockade
Nov 10, 2023 9:09 AM CST
Temporary Rule Change Could End Tuberville's Blockade
Senate could vote on resolution next week, allowing passage of military promotions
- Senators are trying to find a way around a one-man blockade that has thwarted more than 370 military promotions this year. Sen. Tommy Tuberville has been blocking promotions for nine months to protest the Pentagon's policy of paying for travel when a service member needs an out-of-state abortion. A...
on Tuberville Over
Nov 2, 2023 10:40 AM CDT
Republicans Turn on Tuberville Over Risky Blockade
It's a 'national security suicide mission,' says Sen. Dan Sullivan of delayed vote on military nominees
- Numerous members of his own party confronted Sen. Tommy Tuberville on Wednesday, demanding the Alabama Republican lift his legislative blockade used to delay votes on 375 military nominees since February, which is increasingly seen as a national security issue. "Months of simmering Republican frustration" burst into the open during...
Grand Jury Recommended
Charges Against Graham
Sep 8, 2023 10:06 AM CDT
Grand Jury Recommended Charges Against Graham
But Georgia prosecutors opted not to bring an indictment against the GOP senator
- It appears Lindsey Graham dodged a legal bullet in Georgia. The special grand jury that investigated former President Trump recommended charging many more people who did not ultimately get indicted, including the South Carolina senator, two former senators from Georgia (Kelly Loeffler and David Purdue), and longtime Trump ally Michael...
Russia's Arrest Warrant
May 29, 2023 5:15 PM CDT
Graham Answers Russia's Arrest Warrant
'See you in The Hague!' senator responds
- After Russia issued an arrest warrant for him on Monday, apparently over expressions of support for Ukraine, Sen. Lindsey Graham proposed a way to resolve the issue. "Here's an offer to my Russian 'friends' who want to arrest and try me for calling out the Putin regime...
Get Into It Over
Apr 24, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham, CNN Host Get Into It Over Abortion Pill
Graham interrupts Dana Bash, accuses her of 'covering for these guys'
- Lindsey Graham and CNN journalist Dana Bash had a bit of a sparring match over the abortion pill battle when Graham appeared on CNN's
State of the Union
on Sunday. Asked by Bash, who co-hosts the show, whether abortion is a federal or state issue, the senator responded, "...
Colorful Words After
Classified Briefing on Leak
Apr 20, 2023 9:25 AM CDT
Senators Have Colorful Words After Classified Briefing on Leak
GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, after largely unhelpful session on Pentagon leak: 'It’s just a s--- show'
- After last week's flurry of headlines about the Pentagon intelligence leak and the arrest of Massachusetts Air National Guard member Jack Teixeira, the news flow has tapered off—for senators too, it seems. NBC News and the Hill report that lawmakers from both sides of the aisle left a...
MTG, Lindsey Graham
Really Going After Each Other
Apr 17, 2023 5:41 AM CDT
MTG, Lindsey Graham Really Going After Each Other
Their fight involves the Pentagon leaker, trans influencer, Bud Light
- Marjorie Taylor Greene was among those on the right who came to the defense of the Air National Guardsman accused of leaking Pentagon documents, which led to a feud between the congresswoman and her fellow Republican, Sen. Lindsey Graham. Discussing MTG and others, including Tucker Carlson, who've expressed...
Macron's Warning to Europe:
Don't Be 'America's Followers'
Apr 10, 2023 8:08 AM CDT
Macron's Warning to Europe: Don't Be 'America's Followers'
French president is worried about tension over Taiwan; Graham open to using US forces
- Tensions between the US and China over Taiwan continue to ratchet up. The latest example came over the weekend when GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham said he is "very much open to using US forces to defend Taiwan, because it is in our national security interest to do so,"...
'You Need to
Help This Man'
Mar 31, 2023 10:44 AM CDT
Graham to Trump Devotees: 'You Need to Help This Man'
After indictment news, senator makes emotional plea for Trump fans to 'fight this bull----' with cash
- On Thursday, there was plenty of reaction circulating on the indictment of former President Trump , including emotional responses from his two oldest sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump . That same evening, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina also gave an impassioned speech in support of the former president,...
Mar 9, 2023 6:40 PM CST
Mexican President: What Fentanyl?
López Obrador maintains there's none in his country
- Mexico's president said Thursday that his country does not produce or consume fentanyl, despite enormous evidence to the contrary. President Andrés Manuel López Obrador depicted the synthetic opioid epidemic largely as a problem for the US, which he said should battle drug addiction with family values. His...
Lindsey Graham Testifies
Before Special Grand Jury
Nov 22, 2022 7:46 PM CST
Lindsey Graham Testifies Before Special Grand Jury
Republican senator took fight against testifying in Georgia all the way to the Supreme Court
- Sen. Lindsey Graham testified Tuesday before a special grand jury that's investigating whether then-President Donald Trump and others illegally meddled in the 2020 election in Georgia. The South Carolina Republican's appearance before the panel came after a drawn-out legal fight that went all the way to the Supreme...
Thomas Blocks Order
for Graham's Testimony
Oct 24, 2022 1:37 PM CDT
Thomas Blocks Order for Graham's Testimony
Senator argues that he doesn't have to answer questions in Georgia election case
- Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas on Monday temporarily blocked Sen. Lindsey Graham's testimony to a special grand jury investigating whether then-President Trump and others illegally tried to influence the 2020 election in the state. Thomas' order is intended to prevent Fani Willis, Fulton County district attorney, from compelling Graham...
Graham Turns to Supreme Court
to Block Grand Jury Subpoena
Oct 21, 2022 4:55 PM CDT
Graham Turns to Supreme Court to Block Grand Jury Subpoena
Appeals panel unanimously rejected Republican's request a day earlier
: Stymied by a federal appeals court on Thursday, Sen. Lindsey Graham turned to the Supreme Court on Friday to try to avoid appearing before a grand jury investigating possible efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election. The South Carolina Republican filed the emergency request with Justice Clarence Thomas, who...
in US if He's
Sep 16, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Trump Warns of 'Problems' in US if He's Indicted
'That’s not inciting. I'm just saying what my opinion is,' says the former president
- Donald Trump is predicting big, if unspecified, trouble in the US if he is indicted over his handling of classified documents. "I think if it happened, I think you'd have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before," he said on...
McConnell Distances Himself
From Graham's Abortion Bill
Sep 13, 2022 7:47 PM CDT
McConnell Distances Himself From Graham's Abortion Bill
GOP strategist calls bill 'politically inexplicable' with midterms looming
- Sen. Lindsey Graham introduced a bill to bring in a nationwide ban on abortion after 15 weeks Tuesday—and his fellow Republicans didn't exactly embrace it. With Democratic candidates including John Fetterman in Pennsylvania putting abortion rights at the center of their campaigns, GOP strategists said it was a...
Graham Introduces Bill for
Nationwide Abortion Ban
Sep 13, 2022 3:23 PM CDT
Graham Introduces Bill for Nationwide Abortion Ban
Republican wants to outlaw abortions after 15 weeks
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham introduced a bill Tuesday that has no chance of advancing while Democrats control the Senate—a nationwide ban on abortions after 15 weeks. The Protecting Pain-Capable Unborn Children from Late-Term Abortions Act includes exceptions for incest or rape, though patients will have to prove they have...
if Trump Is
Aug 29, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Graham Makes Dire Prediction if Trump Is Prosecuted
He predicts 'riots in the streets' if it happens
- Lindsey Graham delivered an ominous warning Sunday about a potential prosecution of Donald Trump—he predicted "riots in the streets" if it happens, reports the Hill . What's more, he made the prediction twice. It caught the attention of Trump himself, who posted a video clip of Graham's...
Court Puts Hold
Aug 21, 2022 12:55 PM CDT
Court Puts Hold on Graham's Testimony
Appeals panel allows time to consider establishing boundaries for grand jury questions
- Sen. Lindsey Graham apparently will not have to testify before a Georgia grand jury on Tuesday. A federal appeals court put a temporary stop on the subpoena on Sunday that would have required Graham's presence before the grand jury investigating attempts to pressure state officials into altering 2020 presidential...
In Georgia, Giuliani
Faces 6 Hours of Questions
Aug 17, 2022 6:35 PM CDT
In Georgia, Giuliani Faces 6 Hours of Questions
It's not clear whether he answered any of them in grand jury appearance
: Rudy Giuliani complied with a subpoena and appeared before a special grand jury in Georgia for around six hours Wednesday—but it's not clear whether the Trump attorney answered any questions. Giuliani attorney Bob Costello, who said Monday that he had been told Giuliani was a target of...
Gets Bad News
Aug 15, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
SC senator is ordered to testify about calls he made after Trump's loss in 2020 election
- Lindsey Graham just lost a key battle in his fight to avoid testifying about his actions after the 2020 election. A federal judge in Atlanta on Monday ruled that the GOP senator from South Carolina must appear before a special grand jury in Fulton County that's investigating election meddling...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.