Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
May Not Walk Again
Nov 28, 2023 12:00 AM CST
Vermont Shooting Victim May Not Walk Again
Families say they believed Palestinian men would be safer in US
- One of the three young Palestinian men shot while in his grandmother's neighborhood over Thanksgiving weekend in Vermont may not walk again, his parents say. Hisham Awartani's family lives in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, and the 20-year-old Brown University student typically would have returned home for the holidays,...
Mother of Burlington Suspect:
He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
Nov 27, 2023 12:03 PM CST
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
3 young men of Palestinian descent shot; alleged gunman is in custody in Vermont
- Was it a hate crime? The shooting of three 20-year-old men of Palestinian descent near the University of Vermont has raised the question in Burlington. Police have arrested 48-year-old Jason Eaton of Burlington, who's in custody on three counts of aggravated assault. Eaton pleaded not guilty at an arraignment...
Suspect Arrested After
3 Palestinians Shot
Near US Campus
Nov 27, 2023 1:00 AM CST
Suspect Arrested After 3 Palestinians Shot Near US Campus
Vermont police chief suspects attack was a hate crime
- A suspect has been arrested in the Saturday night shooting of three young men of Palestinian descent near the University of Vermont campus. Jason J. Eaton, 48, was taken into custody Sunday afternoon, CNN reports. Police say he lives in an apartment building near the site of the shooting, which...
3 Dead in Shooting
Blamed on Property Dispute
Nov 22, 2023 12:00 AM CST
3 Dead in Shooting Blamed on Property Dispute
Suspect captured after fleeing in Colorado, and another person is critically wounded
- A man was captured Tuesday after 25 hours on the run after police say he fatally shot three people and critically wounded a fourth in his latest property dispute with neighbors in rural Colorado, authorities said. The suspect, Hanme K. Clark, 45, was arrested by New Mexico State police near...
Gunman Opens Fire in Hospital
Lobby, Killing Security Guard
Nov 18, 2023 10:45 AM CST
Gunman Opens Fire in Hospital Lobby, Killing Security Guard
State trooper then killed gunman at Concord's New Hampshire Hospital, a psychiatric facility
- Two people are dead after a shooting at a New Hampshire psychiatric hospital, including the gunman, according to authorities. Per the
, the shooting took place around 3:30pm ET on Friday in the lobby of Concord's New Hampshire Hospital, with state police reporting that the gunman was...
US Park Police Officer
Charged With Shooting
Nov 6, 2023 4:08 PM CST
US Park Police Officer Charged With Shooting
Alcohol is believed to be a factor in accidental shooting of colleague, investigators say
- A gathering of four people, including three US Park Police officers, ended with one of the off-duty officers dead and another in custody early Sunday. The Fairfax County Police Department says officers were called to an apartment in McLean, Virginia, around 12:20am by a person who said somebody had...
Texan Who Killed Man Driving
Away Is Guilty of Manslaughter
Nov 3, 2023 9:07 AM CDT
Texan Who Killed Man Driving Away Is Guilty of Manslaughter
But jury rejected murder charge against Terry Turner
- A Texas man has been convicted of manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a Moroccan immigrant who had pulled into his driveway. A Caldwell County jury on Thursday rejected a murder charge and convicted 67-year-old Terry Duane Turner of the lesser count in the October 2021 shooting death 31-year-old Adil...
Gun Shop Owner: Maine
Suspect Triggered 'Yellow Flag'
Oct 30, 2023 8:21 AM CDT
Gun Shop Owner: Maine Suspect Triggered 'Yellow Flag'
Robert Card reportedly tried to buy silencer months earlier, was rejected due to one answer on form
- The man suspected of killing 18 and injuring 13 in a mass shooting last week in Lewiston, Maine, apparently tried to buy a silencer at a local gun shop almost three months before the massacre. Rick LaChapelle, owner of Coastal Defense Firearms in nearby Auburn, tells ABC News that Robert...
Here Are the 18
Victims in Maine
Oct 28, 2023 9:00 AM CDT
Here Are the 18 Victims in Maine
A teen bowler, a shipbuilder who loved cornhole among those gunned down in Lewiston
- Amid reports of the Friday discovery of the body of the suspected gunman in two mass shootings in Lewiston, Maine, more details on the victims. The 18 people killed included a 14-year-old bowler, a shipbuilder who loved playing the game of cornhole, and a sign language interpreter. According to Maine...
Family Says Maine Suspect
May Have Been Looking for Ex
Oct 27, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Family Says Maine Suspect May Have Been Looking for Ex
Robert Card remains at large after shooting that killed 18
- Maine police on Thursday night briefly surrounded a home believed to be the last known address of the suspected gunman in the mass shooting that killed 18 people Wednesday. The manhunt for suspect Robert Card, 40, has continued since the shootings at two locations in Lewiston, a bar and a...
New Toll in Maine:
18 Dead, 13 Injured
Oct 26, 2023 10:06 AM CDT
New Toll in Maine: 18 Dead, 13 Injured
Suspected gunman remains at large
This story has been updated with more info on the gunman and other details throughout.
Authorities in Maine have updated the casualty toll from Wednesday night's mass shooting in Lewiston : A "profoundly saddened" Gov. Janet Mills said at least 18 people were killed and 13 injured, reports the...
TBI: Police Chief's Son
Took Own Life After Chase
Oct 25, 2023 9:25 AM CDT
TBI: Police Chief's Son Took Own Life After Chase
John C. Drake Jr., suspect in weekend shooting of 2 cops, was found dead on Tuesday
- The search for the estranged son of the head of Nashville's police force has come to a grim end. Authorities say John C. Drake Jr. was found dead in South Nashville on Tuesday, three days after he allegedly shot and injured two police officers, per the
. Drake Jr....
Peewee Coach Shot
by Player's Father
Oct 24, 2023 9:40 AM CDT
Peewee Coach Shot by Player's Father
Man facing felony charges in shooting at St. Louis youth football practice says it was self-defense
- As a youth football coach, Shaquille Latimore is used to parents being angry with him. He's not used to angry fathers pulling out guns and shooting him, as he says happened at a recent practice in St. Louis. A father confronted Latimore about his decision to bench the man'...
Cops: Man Planned Shooting
at Rock-Climbing Event
Oct 23, 2023 1:25 PM CDT
Cops: Man Planned Shooting at Rock-Climbing Event
Samson Garner, 39, of Oregon 'was armed for it,' per the Deschutes County DA
- The Smith Rock Craggin' Classic, an annual three-day rock-climbing fest, took place without a hitch over the weekend in Oregon's Smith Rock State Park. It could've ended up as a crime scene, however, according to authorities, who say they uncovered a mass shooting plot believed to have targeted...
Police Search for Chief's Son
After Shooting of Officers
Oct 22, 2023 2:10 PM CDT
Police Search for Chief's Son After Shooting of Officers
Struggle took place outside a Dollar General during a stolen vehicle investigation
- Police in Tennessee were searching Sunday for the estranged son of Nashville's police chief as the suspect in the shooting of two police officers outside a Dollar General store. Officers in La Vergne, a city about 20 miles southeast of Nashville, were investigating a stolen vehicle outside the store...
May Have Been
a Divorce Case
Oct 20, 2023 11:28 AM CDT
US Judge May Have Been Killed Over a Divorce Case
Andrew Wilkinson was found fatally shot in driveway of residence in Hagerstown, Maryland, sheriff says
- A district court judge has been fatally shot outside his Maryland home, and authorities are now searching for a suspect in their homicide investigation. The
New York Times
reports that Washington County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Wilkinson, 52, was found in the driveway of his Hagerstown residence around 8pm on...
Juvenile Arrested in Connection
With Morgan State Shooting
Oct 14, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Juvenile Arrested in Connection With Morgan State Shooting
17-year-old in custody on attempted murder charges; police seeking 18-year-old suspect as well
- As Morgan State University officials ramp up plans for more security, including a 1.5-mile wall , after five people were injured during a shooting earlier this month on campus during homecoming festivities, local cops have been busy tracking down suspects. The Baltimore Police Department announced Friday that they arrested a...
Morgan State University to
Build Itself a 1.5-Mile Wall
Oct 11, 2023 1:00 PM CDT
Morgan State University to Build Itself a 1.5-Mile Wall
Decision comes in wake of homecoming shooting
- In the wake of a shooting that left five people injured during Oct. 3 homecoming festivities, Morgan State University leaders announced Tuesday they plan to build a wall around most of the northeast Baltimore campus and station security personnel at entrances and exits, reports the AP . The wall would extend...
Cops Say She Came
In Firing. Bulletproof
Glass Saved Them
Oct 7, 2023 9:00 AM CDT
Cops Say She Came In Firing. Bulletproof Glass Saved Them
Woman allegedly started firing away inside police station in Bristol, Connecticut
- A woman fired several gunshots in the lobby of a Connecticut police station, but bulletproof glass prevented anyone from being injured, authorities said Friday as they charged her with attempted murder and other crimes. The shooting happened at the Bristol Police Department just after 10:30pm local time on Thursday,...
Cops Charge 2 in Killing of
Pregnant Woman's Baby
Oct 6, 2023 10:54 AM CDT
Cops Charge 2 in Killing of Pregnant Woman's Baby
Police are still searching for a third man involved in violence in Holyoke, Massachusetts
- Police are searching for a third suspect while two others face charges of murder following a shooting in Holyoke, Massachusetts, on Wednesday. Shooting erupted as three men brawled outside a corner store around 12:30pm. A bullet stuck a woman on a passing bus who was 8 months pregnant. Her...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.