Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
DC Employee Charged With
Murder in Death of Boy, 13
Jan 31, 2023 9:10 PM CST
DC Employee Charged With Murder in Death of Boy, 13
Police say Jason Lewis shot Karon Blake after firing at vehicle outside his home
- A 41-year-old District of Columbia government employee surrendered to police Tuesday and was charged with second-degree murder in the Jan. 7 shooting death of 13-year-old Karon Blake. According to an arrest affidavit, Jason Lewis told police that after hearing noises outside his home around 4am, he shouted at "youngsters"...
'Sheer Panic' in
Jan 31, 2023 5:43 PM CST
Gunman Causes 'Sheer Panic' in Target Store
Suspect was shot dead by Omaha police
- A man with an AR-15-style rifle opened fire inside a Target store in Omaha, sending panicked shoppers and employees scrambling for safety before he was fatally shot by police Tuesday afternoon, authorities said. Police Chief Todd Schmaderer said the man had "plenty of ammunition" and that evidence suggests he...
4 Shooters Fire at
Along Street, Hitting 10
Jan 31, 2023 12:31 AM CST
4 Shooters Fire at Crowd Gathered Along Street, Hitting 10
2 of those injured in Florida mass shooting are in critical condition
- Ten people were injured Monday afternoon during a drive-by shooting in a central Florida neighborhood, police said. Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor said during a news conference that two of the victims were critically injured, while the wounds of the other eight victims weren't considered life-threatening, the AP reports....
3 Killed in Latest California
Mass Shooting Likely 'Targeted'
Jan 30, 2023 1:18 AM CST
3 Killed in Latest California Mass Shooting Likely 'Targeted'
Victims have been identified in Beverly Crest shooting
- The three people killed in California's latest mass shooting have been identified. Nenah Davis, 29, Destiny Sims, 26, and Iyana Hutton, 33, were killed while inside a vehicle parked outside a home believed to be a short-term rental. All three are women; ABC 7 reports that police had initially...
After Boy, 6, Shoots Teacher,
Superintendent Shown the Door
Jan 26, 2023 12:04 AM CST
After Boy, 6, Shoots Teacher, Superintendent Shown the Door
School board votes to remove him effective Feb. 1
- Shortly after news broke that the Virginia teacher shot by a 6-year-old student would sue the school district, it was reported that the superintendent of that district will be replaced. The Newport News School Board on Wednesday voted 5-1 to remove George Parker III as superintendent effective Feb. 1, NBC...
Cops: Man Wanted
for 'Random' Murders
Jan 24, 2023 6:54 PM CST
Cops: Man Wanted for 'Random' Murders Killed Himself
Police say Jarid Haddock killed 3 people in Yakima, Washington convenience store
- A 21-year-old man wanted in the random killing of three people at a convenience store in Yakima, Washington, early Tuesday shot and killed himself as officers approached him behind some warehouses several hours later, authorities said. Yakima Police Chief Matt Murray said at a news conference that authorities had received...
2 Students Fatally Shot at
Des Moines Outreach Center
Jan 24, 2023 12:00 AM CST
2 Students Fatally Shot at Des Moines Outreach Center
Rapper Will Keeps also seriously injured in shooting at program he founded
- An 18-year-old has been charged with murder in the shooting at a Des Moines educational outreach program that killed two students Monday. Preston Walls was also charged with attempted murder; the third victim, who was in surgery Monday night after being injured in the shooting, has been identified as Will...
Amid Chaos of Shooting,
a 'Final Act of Selflessness'
Jan 23, 2023 6:43 AM CST
Amid Chaos of Shooting, a 'Final Act of Selflessness'
Witnesses describe workers at 2 different dance studios confronting the gunman
- As police try to figure out a motive for Saturday night's mass shooting in Monterey Park, California, which left 10 dead and 10 others injured, stories are emerging on the heroes who tried to stop the gunman. Among them: Ming Wei Ma, the owner of the Star Ballroom Dance...
Suspects Still at Large
After 6 Killed in
Jan 16, 2023 12:40 PM CST
Suspects Still at Large After 6 Killed in California Home
Baby, 17-year-old mom are among the dead
- Six people—including a 17-year-old mother and her 6-month-old baby—were killed in a shooting early Monday at a home in central California, and authorities are searching for at least two suspects, sheriff's officials said. Deputies responded around 3:30am to reports of multiple shots fired at the residence...
Schools Chief: Staffer Knew
6-Year-Old Might Have Gun
Jan 13, 2023 2:55 PM CST
Schools Chief: Staffer Knew 6-Year-Old Might Have Gun
But Newport News official didn't seize weapon before 6-year-old shot teacher: superintendent
- Administrators at the Virginia school where a first grader shot his teacher last week learned the child may have had a weapon in his possession before the shooting but didn't seize the 9mm handgun he brought to his classroom, the school system's superintendent said. Superintendent George Parker told...
Heard in New Mexico,
Cops Find a Tiger
Jan 12, 2023 6:35 PM CST
After Gunshots Heard in New Mexico, Cops Find a Tiger
Months-old cub kept in dog crate has been moved to a zoo
- Responding to a report of gunfire on Tuesday, police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, were hardly expecting to find an adorable but illegal tiger cub. Officers initially responded to a convenience store, where a person had been shot in the leg by a stray bullet around 2pm local time, CNN reports....
Teacher Shot by Boy, 6,
Got Kids to Safety: Cops
Jan 10, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Teacher Shot by Boy, 6, Got Kids to Safety: Cops
Abigail Zwerner was reportedly the last one to leave her classroom
- The Virginia teacher allegedly shot by a 6-year-old while teaching class is being hailed as a hero for getting the rest of her students to safety. After Abigail Zwerner was shot—the bullet going through her hand, which she held up in a defensive posture when the gun was pointed...
Police: 6-Year-Old Accused
of Shooting His Teacher
Jan 7, 2023 10:00 AM CST
Police: 6-Year-Old Accused of Shooting His Teacher
Teacher in Virginia's Newport News in critical condition; shooting wasn't accidental, cops say
- A teacher at a Virginia elementary school was shot at work on Friday, and police say it wasn't an accident. They've also nabbed a suspect. "The individual is a 6-year-old student," Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew said at a presser later Friday, per CNN . "...
Worker Mistaken for Burglar,
Shot on Christmas Eve
Dec 28, 2022 7:05 PM CST
Worker Mistaken for Burglar, Shot on Christmas Eve
He was checking for burst pipes at Texas apartment complex
- A maintenance worker checking for frozen and burst pipes at a Texas apartment complex on Christmas Eve was fatally shot by a resident who thought he was a burglar, police say. Cesar Montelongo, a 53-year-old father of five, was shot on the resident's balcony at the Clayton Point Apartments...
5 Arrested in Deadly
Mall of America
Dec 25, 2022 6:23 AM CST
5 Arrested in Deadly Mall of America Shooting
Those arrested are all teenage males as police seek a 6th suspect
- Five people were arrested in the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man at the Mall of America that sent the sprawling commercial center into lockdown on one of the final days of the holiday shopping season, police said Saturday. Bloomington Police Chief Booker Hodges announced the arrests in connection with...
Dec 24, 2022 12:00 PM CST
Woman in Lady Gaga Dog-Walker Case Sentenced
Jennifer McBride gets 2 years of probation after falsely claiming to have found the dogs
- Another sentencing in last year's shooting of Lady Gaga's dog walker : Jennifer McBride, 52, received two years of probation after pleading no contest to one count of receiving stolen property, reports the
Los Angeles Times
. McBride brought the two dogs to police days after the robbery and shooting,...
Conviction in Megan Thee
Stallion Shooting Was Chaotic
Dec 24, 2022 9:00 AM CST
Conviction in Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Was Chaotic
As rapper Tory Lanez was led away in handcuffs, his father yelled at prosecutors: 'You 2 are evil!'
- In a courtroom that turned chaotic after a trial that seethed with tension, a Los Angeles jury on Friday found rapper Tory Lanez guilty of three felonies in the 2020 shooting of hip-hop star Megan Thee Stallion. The attack left her wounded with bullet fragments in her feet, and Lanez'...
Mall of America
Did This, We Will
Dec 24, 2022 7:00 AM CST
Mall of America Shooting: "Whoever Did This, We Will Catch Them'
19-year-old is dead after being gunned down Friday night at nation's largest shopping mall
- Shoppers searching for last-minute holiday gifts at the nation's largest shopping mall instead found themselves on lockdown after a shooting that left one person dead. Police in Bloomington, Minnesota, say a 19-year-old man was killed at the Mall of America on Friday night after a fight broke out between...
'Total Panic' as Gunman
Opens Fire in Paris
Dec 23, 2022 7:10 AM CST
'Total Panic' as Gunman Opens Fire in Paris
2 dead, 4 injured in Friday shooting at a Kurdish cultural center
- Two people are dead and four others are injured, including two people in critical condition, after a shooting in Paris on Friday. A gunman opened fire at the Ahmet-Kaya Kurdish cultural center near the Château d'Eau metro station,
reported, per the
. "It's total...
2 Police Officers
at Mississippi Motel
Dec 15, 2022 9:51 AM CST
Veterinarian Kills 2 Police Officers at Mississippi Motel
Bay St. Louis officers were shot after responding to call for a wellness check
- Two police officers in a town along Mississippi's Gulf Coast were fatally shot in a Motel 6 parking lot early Wednesday by a woman who apparently took her own life shortly afterward, police say. The shooter was identified as Amy Brogdon Anderson, a 43-year-old veterinarian from Ocean Springs, the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Missing Monkeys Found in Abandoned Home
Woman Allegedly Killed Lookalike She Found on Instagram
She Cooked and Ate a Great White. Now, a Hefty Fine
CEO Sorry for 'All Time Classic Bad' Layoff Memo
TikTok Trend Leads to More Bad News for Kia, Hyundai Owners
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.