Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Alleged Drunk Boater
Indicted on Homicide Charges
Aug 18, 2022 4:46 AM CDT
Alleged Drunk Boater Indicted on Homicide Charges
5 died in Memorial Day crash in Georgia
: A Georgia man who was allegedly boating under the influence of alcohol on Memorial Day has been indicted on 10 counts of first-degree homicide by vessel—two for each of the five people who died in a collision. Mark Stegall, 45, is also charged with boating under the influence...
DUIs on Golf Carts and
Scooters? Welcome to Florida
Aug 4, 2022 7:10 PM CDT
DUIs on Golf Carts and Scooters? Welcome to Florida
Recent arrests occurred along state's busiest interstate, at Walmart
- A woman with an open bottle of Jack Daniel's whiskey in a bag was arrested for driving a golf cart on Florida's busiest interstate while drunk, according to an arrest report. The 58-year-old woman was arrested Saturday night on the shoulder of Interstate 95. She's now facing...
Paul Pelosi Pleads
Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Aug 3, 2022 1:57 PM CDT
Paul Pelosi Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Complaint says House speaker's husband was slurring his words after May crash
- The husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi pleaded not guilty Wednesday to misdemeanor DUI charges related to a May crash in Northern California wine country. Paul Pelosi, 82, did not appear in person at Napa County Superior Court Wednesday. His attorney, Amanda Bevins, entered not guilty pleas on his behalf...
Pelosi's Husband Charged
With DUI After Crash
Jun 24, 2022 12:10 AM CDT
Pelosi's Husband Charged With DUI After Crash
Paul Pelosi could spend a short stint behind bars if convicted
Nancy Pelosi's husband could spend a little time behind bars under new charges filed after a car crash last month. The Napa County District Attorney's Office on Thursday charged Paul Pelosi, 82, with driving under the influence of alcohol causing injury and driving with .08% blood alcohol...
Nancy Pelosi's Husband Paul
Arrested for Suspected DUI
May 29, 2022 8:41 PM CDT
Nancy Pelosi's Husband Paul Arrested for Suspected DUI
The Speaker of the House was in Rhode Island at the time
- Paul Pelosi, the 82-year-old husband of Nancy Pelosi, was arrested this weekend on suspicion of DUI in Northern California, police records showed Sunday. Paul Pelosi was taken into custody late Saturday in Napa County north of San Francisco, according to a sheriff's office online booking report cited by the...
After Crash, Officers Find
Cop Didn't Have Valid License
Apr 12, 2022 6:49 PM CDT
After Crash, Officers Find Cop Didn't Have Valid License
Mississippi officer charged with DUI had been patrolling for months with expired license
- A police officer who resigned from a Tupelo-area force days after a drunk-driving arrest in 2020 was wearing a different force's uniform when he was arrested for the same offense on Friday night, authorities in Mississippi say. Jonathan Boyd, 32, was arrested in Saltillo by the Mississippi Highway Patrol...
Troopers Left Suspicious Driver
Who Later Killed Them: Report
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 26, 2022 4:35 PM CDT
Troopers Left Suspicious Driver Who Later Killed Them: Report
Driver suspected of DUI struck and killed 2 Pennsylvania troopers and a pedestrian, police say
- Two Pennsylvania troopers were helping a man on the side of a highway early Monday when a driver plowed into them, killing all three. In a shocking twist, Martin F. Mack III, 33, and Branden Sisca, 29, had initially pulled over the female driver on suspicion of driving under the...
Unusual DUI Case Involves
Several Cans of Right Guard
Mar 10, 2022 8:35 AM CST
Unusual DUI Case Involves Several Cans of Right Guard
Authorities in Stuart, Fla., say Katherine Theodore huffed deodorant spray before driving
- Authorities pulled over a vehicle in Florida's Martin County over the weekend being driven by an apparently intoxicated woman, but she wasn't hit with typical DUI charges. CBS12 reports that sheriff's deputies made a traffic stop in Stuart on Sunday after witnessing erratic driving, and when they...
Comedian Faces DUI Charge
Jan 15, 2022 1:50 PM CST
Comedian Faces DUI Charge
Tiffany Haddish arrested, released in Georgia
- Tiffany Haddish was arrested in Georgia on Friday and charged with driving under the influence. The comedian and actress was released from jail hours later after putting up $1,666, TMZ reports. Haddish had been pulled over after Peachtree City police received a 911 call around 2:30am about a...
He Survived DUI Crash, Dies
in Another Suspected One
Nov 11, 2021 2:08 PM CST
He Survived DUI Crash, Dies in Another Suspected One
'It's unreal,' says mother of Clyde Thompson in Texas
- Two years ago, a drunk driver nearly took the life of 17-year-old Clyde Thompson in Beaumont, Texas. Over the weekend, he lost his life to another driver facing DUI charges, reports KHOU 11 . “It’s just unreal," says the mother of the 19-year-old, Tamala Johnson. "To get...
Nov 3, 2021 4:47 PM CDT
Police Put Ruggs' Speed at 156mph Before Crash
NFL player appears in court after fatal wreck
- An NFL player was driving 156mph about 2 seconds before his car slammed into another vehicle in Las Vegas early Tuesday, killing a 23-year-old woman, a police report says. When the airbags deployed in Henry Ruggs' Corvette, it was moving at 127mph, airbag data show. Ruggs appeared in court Wednesday...
Raiders Release Henry Ruggs
After Fatal Alleged DUI Crash
Nov 3, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Raiders Release Henry Ruggs After Fatal Alleged DUI Crash
He's been charged with felony DUI
The Las Vegas Raiders released wide receiver Henry Ruggs on Tuesday night after he was involved in a fatal car crash, for which he has been charged with felony DUI resulting in a death, CNN reports.
Our previous story from Tuesday follows:
Former Kansas Senate Leader
Is Going to Jail for 2 Days
Oct 25, 2021 2:42 PM CDT
Former Kansas Senate Leader Is Going to Jail for 2 Days
Republican lawmaker Gene Suellentrop pleads no contest to DUI, reckless driving
: Kansas Sen. Gene Suellentrop has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI and reckless driving charges as part of a plea deal that will allow him to keep his job. The Republican—who was arrested in March after he was seen driving the wrong way on I-470 in Topeka—will...
Jun 2, 2021 2:28 PM CDT
Residents Want Crackdown After 91-Year Old's Scooter Death
LA driver charged with DUI
- A 91-year-old man in Los Angeles' Venice neighborhood died after he was hit by one of the area's ubiquitous electric scooters, police say. The man, identified by the coroner's office Tuesday as Yin Wu, hit his head on the pavement and was pronounced dead at the scene. The...
'Rumor Mill's Going Nuts' After
State GOP Leader Arrested
Mar 16, 2021 6:07 PM CDT
'Rumor Mill's Going Nuts' After State GOP Leader Arrested
Kansas Senate Majority Leader Gene Suellentrop accused of DUI, trying to flee cops
- Kansas Senate Majority Leader Gene Suellentrop was not present when the state Senate convened Tuesday afternoon—which was not surprising after the events of that morning. Police say the 69-year-old Republican was arrested in Topeka at 3:55am on Tuesday and booked into jail on suspicion of driving under the...
3 Drunken Drivers Found
Each Other: Police
Feb 28, 2021 12:40 PM CST
3 Drunken Drivers Found Each Other: Police
Crashes began with a truck going the wrong way
- Authorities say three drunken drivers were involved in a crash early Sunday morning in a south Milwaukee suburb. The incident happened shortly before 3am when a man driving a Ford F-250 pickup truck the wrong way on a four-lane highway in Mount Pleasant collided head-on with a motorist in a...
Faces DUI Charge
Feb 19, 2021 3:38 PM CST
Johnny Damon Faces DUI Charge
Police report says officers saw SUV swerving on road, hitting a guardrail
- Former Major League outfielder Johnny Damon was charged with driving under the influence in Florida early Friday after police said they saw his SUV swerve on the road, then hit a curb and guardrail. His wife, Michelle Mangan-Damon, also was arrested, TMZ reports, on charges of committing battery on an...
Springsteen Was Arrested
for DWI at NJ Federal Park
Feb 10, 2021 11:56 AM CST
Springsteen Was Arrested for DWI at NJ Federal Park
Authorities say arrest happened in November
- In the 1980 song "Wreck on the Highway," Bruce Springsteen reflected on the grief caused by a car crash—which will make his arrest for alleged drunk driving all the more disappointing for fans. TMZ reports the 71-year-old rock legend was arrested in a federal park in New...
Off-Duty Cop Crashes Into
Home, Faces DUI Charge
Feb 8, 2021 1:23 PM CST
Off-Duty Cop Crashes Into Home, Faces DUI Charge
Philadelphia police commissioner says 'appalling' incident will be investigated
- A Philadelphia police officer is facing multiple charges after crashing his car into a home, injuring both occupants and killing one of their dogs. Police say 27-year-old Gregory Campbell was driving drunk in northeast Philadelphia around 8:20pm Saturday when he lost control of his 2014 Dodge Dart, the
Jan 10, 2021 2:05 PM CST
Police Chief 'Shocked' by This Arrest
Man racks up 18th drunk driving offense
- “I am frankly shocked.” That’s the reaction from Green Bay, Wis., police Chief Andrew Smith regarding a local man’s recent drunk driving arrest. The reason for his shock: It was Wallace Carl Bowers' 18
operating while intoxicated offense, police say. Police were responding to reports of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
Court in India Sets Free Men Who Raped Woman
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.