Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Bank CEO: 'Brace Yourself'
for an Economic 'Hurricane'
Jun 2, 2022 5:13 AM CDT
Bank CEO: 'Brace Yourself' for an Economic 'Hurricane'
'We don’t know if it’s a minor one or Superstorm Sandy,' Jamie Dimon says
- The chief of America's largest bank says an economic "hurricane" is brewing and the Federal Reserve will face a huge challenge as it tries to rein in inflation without causing a recession. "Right now it's kind of sunny, things are doing fine. Everyone thinks the Fed...
Apr 4, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Jamie Dimon Warns of Unprecedented Trifecta
Pandemic recovery, Ukraine war, and high inflation could 'dramatically increase' risks to economy
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon is out with his annual letter to shareholders, which Axios notes is closely watched in financial circles. The
Wall Street Journal
finds that it's less rosy than last year, when he saw a potential "Goldilocks" moment of sustained growth on the horizon. This year,...
JP Morgan CEO
Just Got a Raise
Jan 21, 2022 12:42 PM CST
JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon Just Got a Raise
He earned $34.5M in stocks and cash in 2021
- At an age where many people are gearing up for retirement, the 65-year-old CEO of JPMorgan Chase got 50 million reasons to stay in his post. Jamie Dimon received a $50 million bonus in early 2021 as an incentive to stay with the mega bank for a minimum of five...
Regrets Joke About
Nov 24, 2021 11:36 AM CST
JPMorgan CEO Regrets Joke About Chinese Government
Jamie Dimon said bank would probably outlast Chinese Communist Party
- JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon says "he truly regrets" a quip he made this week about JPMorgan outlasting the Chinese Communist Party. At an event in Boston Tuesday, Dimon said, "I was just in Hong Kong and I made a joke that the Communist Party is celebrating its...
Morgan Stanley to
Bar the Unvaccinated
Jun 23, 2021 7:22 AM CDT
Morgan Stanley to Bar the Unvaccinated
Only fully vaccinated people will be allowed inside New York offices starting July 12
- Investment bank Morgan Stanley plans to lift mask and physical distancing requirements in its offices next month, but only after banning unvaccinated workers, clients, and visitors. The company told its workforce on Tuesday that employees and clients who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be unable to return to...
Jesuits Promise $100M
for Slavery Reparations
Mar 16, 2021 8:33 AM CDT
Jesuits Promise $100M for Slavery Reparations
Trust will benefit descendants of enslaved people, including those sold by Jesuits in 1838
- The Catholic order of Jesuit priests has pledged to raise $100 million for descendants of the enslaved people it owned in what the
New York Times
reports is "one of the largest efforts by an institution to atone for slavery." The order relied on slave labor and sales...
ATM Customer Makes
Startling Discovery at Bank
Oct 22, 2020 11:09 AM CDT
ATM Customer Makes Startling Discovery at Bank
Nature's masked 'bandits' had broken in to a California Chase and were wreaking havoc
- Some faces were made for radio; others were made for breaking into banks. CBS San Francisco and KPIX report that a customer was using an ATM outside a Chase bank in Redwood City, Calif., around 7:30am Tuesday morning when he saw what he thought was a stuffed animal on...
Has Dug Up
Sep 21, 2020 4:03 AM CDT
BuzzFeed Has Dug Up Damning Bank Documents
The 'FinCEN files' show how criminals, terrorists, and corrupt leaders use Western banks
- The new Panama Papers are out, and they're just as ugly—if not worse. Leaked government documents show that big banks are laundering untold trillions of dollars for shady operators around the world and getting away with it, BuzzFeed reports. JPMorgan Chase and HSBC appear to be among the...
Survives Health Scare
Mar 6, 2020 1:46 AM CST
JPMorgan Chief Survives Health Scare
Jamie Dimon had emergency heart surgery
- JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon is recovering from another health scare, six years after he survived throat cancer . The bank says the CEO is "recovering well" after emergency heart surgery Thursday to treat an acute aortic dissection—a separation of tissues in the aorta wall, which is often fatal....
Chase Slammed for
Apr 30, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
Chase Slammed for 'Poor-Shaming' After 'Motivational' Tweet
Elizabeth Warren among critics hitting Chase
- Chase Bank's #MondayMotivation tweet was better suited for #ToneDeafTuesday, according to critics. The since-deleted tweet set up a hypothetical conversation between a bank account and its owner, who ponders the reasons for a low balance. "I guess we'll never know," the customer said, despite the bank...
Mar 18, 2019 4:41 PM CDT
Jamie Dimon: We've 'Bifurcated' the Economy
JP Morgan Chase CEO says the poor are being left behind
- There are two Americas, according to JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon: In one, people are benefiting from corporations that are doing well. In the other, however, people are really struggling. "I don't want to be a tone deaf CEO," Dimon said, per CNBC , at the bank's...
It Was a Sinkhole.
Then They Saw
the Orange Cord
in case you missed it
Feb 3, 2019 12:40 PM CST
They Thought It Was a Sinkhole. Then They Saw the Orange Cord
FBI investigating after public works employees find secret tunnel leading to Florida bank
- It started out as public works employees checking out a potential sinkhole or pothole; it ended up with the FBI trying to solve what the
is now calling a "bank caper." What the workers spotted in the hole in Pembroke Pines, Fla., on Tuesday that raised...
Says He Could
Sep 12, 2018 12:30 PM CDT
Jamie Dimon Says He Could Beat Trump, Immediately Backtracks
'I should not have said it,' JPMorgan Chase head later clarifies
- Jamie Dimon had fighting words for President Trump Wednesday morning, but by noon the JPMorgan Chase & Co. chairman and CEO was already backtracking. "I think I could beat Trump" in an election, Dimon said at an event celebrating the company's philanthropy. "I’m as tough as...
3 Corporate Giants to Go
After the 'Hungry Tapeworm'
Jan 30, 2018 8:22 AM CST
3 Corporate Giants to Go After the 'Hungry Tapeworm'
Amazon, JPMorgan, Berkshire Hathaway will team up on health care
- "The ballooning costs of health care act as a hungry tapeworm on the American economy," says Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett, and he has teamed up with some equally huge names in an attempt to go after said tapeworm. Amazon.com, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase on Tuesday...
JPMorgan Chase Head on
Bitcoin Buyers: 'They're Stupid'
Sep 13, 2017 2:07 PM CDT
JPMorgan Chase Head on Bitcoin Buyers: 'They're Stupid'
Jamie Dimon predicts big losses for the digital currency
- Jamie Dimon says he would fire any employee caught trading bitcoin "in a second," the
reports. "It’s against our rules, and they’re stupid. And both are dangerous," the head of JPMorgan Chase said at a conference Tuesday. According to Reuters , bitcoin dropped 10%...
'Almost an Embarrassment
Being American': Jamie Dimon
Jul 14, 2017 3:49 PM CDT
'Almost an Embarrassment Being American': Jamie Dimon
JPMorgan CEO goes on anti-DC rant
- During JPMorgan Chase's earnings conference call Friday, CEO Jamie Dimon went off on a bit of a tangent. "It's almost an embarrassment being an American citizen traveling around the world and listening to the stupid s--- we have to deal with in this country," he said...
Jun 13, 2017 6:03 AM CDT
Report: Ads Yanked Over Megyn Kelly's Sunday Interview
JP Morgan Chase apparently doesn't want its ads next to Alex Jones promos
- Megyn Kelly's interview with conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is set to air Sunday on NBC, and there's been no shortage of outrage over her decision to give airtime to the man who says the Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax. The
Wall Street Journal
reports by way of...
He Left Prison With
a $120 Debit Card.
Aug 3, 2016 10:34 AM CDT
He Left Prison With a $120 Debit Card. Then Came the Fees
JPMorgan Chase agrees to $447K settlement
- That prisoners get gouged by private companies is not new news, but a class-action suit has brought a bit of relief. Bloomberg reports that JPMorgan Chase on Monday agreed to pay $446,822 to ex-cons who were released from federal prison with a pre-paid, non-refillable debit card in hand—only...
5 Big Banks Get Failing
Grades on 'Living Wills'
Apr 13, 2016 9:51 AM CDT
5 Big Banks Get Failing Grades on 'Living Wills'
They need to retool emergency plans quickly
- Federal regulators say five of the biggest banks in the US haven't worked out strong plans for how they might reshape themselves in case of failure, which could leave them unable to survive without another taxpayer bailout, reports the AP . JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Bank of...
LeBron's Announcement Makes Ohio Families Gasp
Aug 14, 2015 11:48 AM CDT
LeBron's Announcement Makes Ohio Families Gasp
Basketball star's foundation, U. of Akron to offer free rides to college
- "As a kid growing up in the inner city ... you don't really think past high school. You don't really know your future." Those were the words of LeBron James in Sandusky, Ohio, yesterday as he announced how he plans to change that outcome: by offering full...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Miner's Surprise Find: 'She's Perfect and She's Beautiful'
Conservatives Skeptical of Thomas' New Challenge
20 Dead in S. African Nightclub, and Police Don't Know Cause
World Leaders Now Going After Russia's 2nd-Largest Export
Lawmaker Makes Gaffe Praising Abortion Decision
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.