Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent rape news stories, accusations, and cases on Newser.com
Stories 21 - 40 |
Stanford University Employee
Lied About Rapes: Police
Mar 16, 2023 12:19 AM CDT
Stanford University Employee Lied About Rapes: Police
Rape reports had led hundreds of students to march in October demanding more protection
- A 25-year-old Stanford University employee was arrested Wednesday and charged with felony perjury for allegedly lying about being raped twice last year on campus, the AP reports. Jennifer Ann Gries of Santa Clara first reported a false sexual attack in August when she told a nurse at Valley Medical Center...
Woman Who Lied About
Rape, Trafficking Gets 8 Years
Mar 14, 2023 6:57 PM CDT
Woman Who Lied About Rape, Trafficking Gets 8 Years
3 men falsely accused by British woman Eleanor Williams attempted suicide
- After Eleanor Williams claimed to have been raped and trafficked by a gang of Asian men in the north of England, a "Justice for Ellie" solidarity campaign spread worldwide and there was a surge in hate crimes in her hometown of Barrow. But her allegations were "complete fiction,...
I Was Drugged,
Raped at 15
Feb 24, 2023 3:45 PM CST
Paris Hilton: I Was Drugged, Raped at 15
Reality star says her drink knocked her out for hours
- Paris Hilton, who has testified before Congress about being abused as a boarding school student, said in a new interview that she was drugged and raped as a teenager. She and her friends had met a group she described as older guys at Century City Mall in Los Angeles, who...
Kidnap Suspect Could Get
5 Life Sentences Plus 36 Years
Feb 16, 2023 12:32 PM CST
Kidnap Suspect Could Get 5 Life Sentences Plus 36 Years
Timothy Haslett, Jr. accused of raping captive who escaped his Missouri home in metal collar
- A Missouri grand jury has indicted a man accused of kidnapping and raping a woman with charges that could result in five life sentences. Timothy Haslett, Jr. was indicted Tuesday on nine felony counts including one count of kidnapping, one count of first-degree rape, four counts of first-degree sodomy, two...
Ex-Cop Who 'Brazenly Raped'
a Dozen Women Gets Life
Feb 7, 2023 1:02 PM CST
Ex-Cop Who 'Brazenly Raped' a Dozen Women Gets Life
David Carrick was one of UK's worst serial rapists, involved in attacks that spanned 17 years
- An ex-London police officer was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison with a minimum term of 30 years for raping and sexually assaulting a dozen women over a 17-year period. David Carrick, 48, formerly of the Metropolitan Police, admitted last month he was a serial rapist in what prosecutors described...
Police: LSU Student Was Raped
Before She Was Hit by Car
Jan 26, 2023 8:57 AM CST
Police: LSU Student Was Raped Before She Was Hit by Car
3 men and a juvenile charged in Madison Brooks case
- An intoxicated 19-year-old Louisiana State University student was raped in the back of a car before she was struck and killed by a vehicle in a Baton Rouge neighborhood in the early hours of Jan. 16, authorities say. Three adult males and a juvenile have been charged in connection with...
London Police Officer
Admits 24 Rapes
Jan 16, 2023 6:40 PM CST
London Police Officer Admits 24 Rapes
David Carrick is one of UK's worst sex offenders
- A serving officer in London's Metropolitan Police is guilty of so many crimes, including 24 counts of rape, that he ranks among Britain's worst sex offenders—and authorities said more victims could still come forward. David Carrick has pleaded guilty to more than 80 offenses covered in 49...
Dec 30, 2022 12:28 PM CST
He Trolled Greta Thunberg. Days Later, an Arrest
Influencer Andrew Tate, brother in custody in Romania on rape, human trafficking charges
This story has been updated to clarify how the pizza boxes came into play.
Earlier this week, climate change activist Greta Thunberg got into it online with Andrew Tate, a former kickboxer, TikTok star, and controversial influencer who, until recently, had been kicked off most social media platforms. Now, a...
Women, Children in DRC
Raped, Tortured in Droves: UN
Dec 27, 2022 12:04 PM CST
Women, Children in DRC Raped, Tortured in Droves: UN
New report details deteriorating situation as M23 rebels overrun eastern part of Congo
- The accounts are haunting. Abductions, torture, rapes. Scores of civilians, including women and children, have been killed by M23 rebels in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo, per a UN report. In addition, the rebels have forced children to be soldiers, according to the 21-page report by...
Los Angeles Jury Finds
Weinstein Guilty of Rape
Dec 19, 2022 6:23 PM CST
Los Angeles Jury Finds Weinstein Guilty of Rape
Jurors can't agree on several counts, including allegations by Jennifer Siebel Newsom
- Harvey Weinstein was found guilty Monday of rape at a Los Angeles trial in another #MeToo moment of reckoning, five years after he became a magnet for the movement. After deliberating for nine days over more than two weeks, the jury of eight men and four women reached the verdict...
ABC Yanks Backstreet Boys
Special After Rape Allegations
Dec 9, 2022 6:18 AM CST
ABC Yanks Backstreet Boys Special After Rape Allegations
Member Nick Carter has been accused of sexually assaulting underage fan 21 years ago
- Backstreet won't be back, all right—at least not on ABC. The network had been set to present a Backstreet Boys' holiday special on Dec. 14, with an encore airing on Dec. 20, but those plans have now been nixed after member Nick Carter was accused of raping an...
Ex-NFL Punter Won't Be
Charged in Alleged Gang Rape
Dec 8, 2022 12:46 AM CST
Ex-NFL Punter Won't Be Charged in Alleged Gang Rape
But Matt Araiza is still named in accuser's civil lawsuit
- A former Buffalo Bills punter won't be criminally charged in connection with the alleged gang rape of a 17-year-old girl at an off-campus party near San Diego State University when Matt Araiza was a student and football player there last year. None of his former SDSU teammates who are...
Suit: Billionaire Raped
Me at Epstein's Mansion
Nov 29, 2022 12:49 PM CST
Suit: Billionaire Raped Me at Epstein's Mansion
Cheri Pierson sues Apollo Global Management co-founder Leon Black, Epstein's estate
- A woman claims billionaire Leon Black raped her in a "brutal attack" at the Manhattan home of Jeffrey Epstein. In a lawsuit filed Monday, Cheri Pierson says she was "in desperate need of money" when she agreed to massage the co-founder and former CEO of Apollo Global Management...
Gets 13 Years
Nov 25, 2022 9:19 AM CST
K-Pop Star Gets 13 Years for Rape
Kris Wu, formerly of EXO, also fined $83.7M for evading taxes in China
- A Chinese court on Friday sentenced Chinese-Canadian singer and actor Kris Wu to 13 years in prison on charges including rape. Beijing's Chaoyang District Court said the K-pop star was given 11 years and 6 months for a 2020 rape, and 1 year and 10 months for the "...
Double Killer's Mistake:
He Spit on a Sidewalk
Nov 1, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Double Killer's Mistake: He Spit on a Sidewalk
Geovanni Borjas pleads no contest to raping, killing Michelle Lozano and Bree'Anna Guzman
Walking along a California street, Geovanni Borjas did the seemingly innocuous: He spit on a sidewalk. But it wasn't innocuous at all for the killer, whose spit matched DNA on two murder victims. On Monday, the 38-year-old pleaded no contest to the first-degree murders and forcible rapes of...
Weinstein Trial Gets a
Surprise Potential Witness
Oct 15, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Weinstein Trial Gets a Surprise Potential Witness
Judge gives OK for prosecutors to call Mel Gibson to testify in support of 'Jane Doe No. 3'
- Harvey Weinstein's rape trial in Los Angeles may see an unexpected witness.
reports that on Friday in a motions hearing, Judge Lisa B. Lench gave prosecutors the OK for Mel Gibson to be called to testify against the disgraced movie producer, in support of accusations made by "...
Man Arrested After Woman
in Metal Collar Flees Home
Oct 11, 2022 4:43 PM CDT
Man Arrested After Woman in Metal Collar Flees Home
She said Missouri man Timothy Haslett held her captive for a month
- A Missouri man was arrested Friday after a malnourished woman wearing a metal collar with a lock on the front ran from his home and begged neighbors for help. Timothy Haslett, 39, has been charged with kidnapping and rape and investigators are trying to determine whether there were other victims,...
No. 4' in New
Is Known Name
Oct 11, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
'Jane Doe No. 4' in New Weinstein Trial Is Known Name
Jennifer Siebel Newsom, married to Calif. Gov. Gavin Newsom, will testify
- Harvey Weinstein's trial kicked off Monday in Los Angeles, with the disgraced movie producer facing down 11 counts of sexual assault spurred by allegations from five women, in incidents said to have taken place between 2004 and 2013. One of those women, who will testify as "Jane Doe...
E. Jean Carroll: Thanks to New
Law, I'm Suing Trump Again
Sep 21, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
E. Jean Carroll: Thanks to New Law, I'm Suing Trump Again
Writer, who already has defamation suit against ex-president, will now file sexual battery complaint
- E. Jean Carroll says she'll take advantage of New York's new Adult Survivors Act to file a sexual battery lawsuit against former President Donald Trump, whom she claims raped her in a Manhattan department store dressing room in late 1995 or early 1996. The former
FBI Arrests Kansas Detective
12 Years After His Retirement
Sep 16, 2022 9:32 AM CDT
FBI Arrests Kansas Detective 12 Years After His Retirement
Roger Golubski allegedly used his position to sexually abuse two Black women
- A homicide detective in Kansas used his position to sexually abuse two Black women, according to an indictment unsealed Thursday. Roger Golubski, 69, who retired from the Kansas City Police Department in 2010, has been arrested by the FBI. The indictment charging him with six counts of deprivation of civil...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.