Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Police: Teenager Charged After
Showing Homicide Victim Online
Nov 28, 2022 4:51 PM CST
Police: Teenager Charged After Showing Homicide Victim Online
16-year-old suspect texted for help disposing of girl's body, court documents say
- A Pennsylvania teenager has been charged with homicide after police say he revealed in an Instagram video chat that he'd killed someone and showed the victim's legs covered in blood. A woman who said her daughter had received the video call reported it to Bensalem Township police on...
in Tiff With
Nov 19, 2022 11:30 AM CST
NBA Star Flings Ladder in Tiff With Arena Staffer
Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo lost his cool in confrontation after game in Philly
- Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo argued with an arena worker and flung a ladder away from a basket, sending it toppling over as he tried to shoot practice free throws after the Bucks' 110-102 loss to Philadelphia on Friday night. After going 4 for 15 from the line, Antetokounmpo returned to...
Escapes Potential Danger
Nov 18, 2022 10:20 AM CST
Quick-Thinking 10-Year-Old Escapes Potential Danger
Pennsylvania's Sammy Green, followed by stranger, asked store clerk to pose as mom
- A 10-year-old boy and 17-year-old girl in Pennsylvania are getting praise for quick thinking that thwarted a potentially dangerous situation. Sammy Green says he was walking home from school in Pottstown on Nov. 11 when he noticed a stranger following him for several blocks. The woman then began asking questions,...
5 Days After Losing
by 14 Points,
Nov 14, 2022 7:45 AM CST
5 Days After Losing by 14 Points, Gov Candidate Concedes
2020 election skeptic Doug Mastriano lost to Josh Shapiro in Pa. governor's race
- A candidate for governor who made a name for himself denying the outcome of the 2020 election has conceded his own defeat in Pennsylvania. Republican Doug Mastriano, backed by former President Trump, officially threw in the towel Sunday night, five days after the election he lost by 14 points, reports...
This Is the Most
Giving State in America
Nov 12, 2022 10:00 AM CST
This Is the Most Giving State in America
Congrats to Utah, according to WalletHub's ranking of the most, least charitable states
- If you're in a position to be philanthropic, whether that means donating your money or your time, where you live can make a difference in terms of enthusiasm from fellow locals—which in turn might inspire even more of your own altruism. WalletHub looked at 19 metrics across all...
Dead Democrat Wins Race
Nov 10, 2022 12:06 AM CST
Dead Democrat Wins Race in Pennsylvania
Anthony 'Tony' DeLuca, state's longest-serving state representative, died last month
- Anthony “Tony” DeLuca died last month, in the middle of his re-election race—which he won anyway, by a huge margin. DeLuca, 85 and the longest-serving state representative in Pennsylvania, died of lymphoma less than two weeks after the deadline to change the ballot, the
reports. He was...
John Fetterman Wins
Pennsylvania Senate Race
Nov 9, 2022 1:04 AM CST
John Fetterman Wins Pennsylvania Senate Race
Media outlets are calling the race for Fetterman over Dr. Mehmet Oz
- Nobody expected one of election night's biggest races—Democrat John Fetterman vs. Republican Mehmet Oz for the Senate in Pennsylvania—to be called early, given how close the polls had been. The stakes are huge, of course, with control of the Senate potentially in the balance. About the only...
3 Presidents Rally Pennsylvania
Nov 5, 2022 5:55 PM CDT
3 Presidents Rally Pennsylvania
Biden, Trump, Obama make push before Tuesday's elections
- One current and two former US presidents campaigned in Pennsylvania on Saturday, reflecting the importance both parties place on the election there Tuesday. President Biden and former President Barack Obama appeared together and separately at rallies for the Democratic slate, including Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the Senate nominee, and Attorney...
From Big Name
Nov 4, 2022 5:31 AM CDT
Fetterman Gets Endorsement From Big Name
Oprah Winfrey tells listeners to vote for him over Mehmet Oz
- TV icon Oprah Winfrey on Thursday endorsed Democrat John Fetterman in Pennsylvania's hotly contested Senate race and rejected Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz, whom she'd helped launch to stardom nearly two decades ago when she brought him on her popular daytime talk show as a regular guest. Until now,...
Court: Don't Count Mail Ballots
Lacking Right Date on Envelope
Nov 2, 2022 4:27 PM CDT
Court: Don't Count Mail Ballots Lacking Right Date on Envelope
Republicans win at Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- In a victory for Republicans, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court told state election officials on Tuesday not to count mail-in ballots that don't have the correct date on the envelope. The ruling could make the difference in close races, potentially deciding control of Congress in next week's midterm elections,...
Dr. Oz Mocked After
Nov 2, 2022 1:27 AM CDT
Dr. Oz Mocked After 'Atlantic Coast' Comment
Pennsylvania is not on the Atlantic coast
- Dr. Mehmet Oz has long come under scrutiny over the question of whether he's actually a "carpetbagger" from New Jersey running for Senate in neighboring Pennsylvania, and his latest comment isn't helping much with that issue. Speaking with Sean Hannity on Fox News Monday, Oz said, "...
Oct 31, 2022 10:34 AM CDT
New Poll Assesses 4 Key Senate Races
Democrats lead in 3, including Pennsylvania, and are deadlocked in Nevada, per 'NYT' data
- The midterms are just eight days away, and new polls continue to roll out—including a major one from the
New York Times
and Siena College. It looks at four key Senate races and finds that Democrats hold slim leads in three, with the last one deadlocked.
Under Pennsylvania Soil,
Remnants of a POW Camp
Oct 28, 2022 7:35 AM CDT
Under Pennsylvania Soil, Remnants of a POW Camp
Researchers say they've found remnants of Camp Security in Yorktown, Pa.
- Researchers say they've solved a decades-old riddle this week by finding remnants of a stockade, and therefore the site of a prison camp in York, Pa., that housed British soldiers for nearly two years during the American Revolutionary War. The location of Camp Security was thought to have been...
Oct 28, 2022 1:34 AM CDT
Ronna McDaniel Mocks Fetterman, Biden Over Speaking Abilities
RNC chair made the same joke twice during interview
- Ronna McDaniel, chair of the Republican National Committee, did not have anything nice to say when it came to John Fetterman, President Biden, and their respective speaking abilities. During an interview with syndicated radio host Hugh Hewitt, the subject of Biden's plans to appear at a campaign event Friday...
Convicted Cop Killer:
Prosecutors Messed With Jury
Oct 26, 2022 1:46 PM CDT
Convicted Cop Killer: Prosecutors Messed With Jury
Mumia Abu-Jamal's retrial request goes before judge in Philadelphia
- A judge on Wednesday will review a retrial request from a prominent former member of the Black Panthers, imprisoned since 1982 for the murder of Philadelphia police officer Daniel Faulkner. The request is based on fresh evidence Mumia Abu-Jamal says backs his long-held assertion that he was framed. His conviction...
Fetterman Had Some 'Awkward'
Moments in Debate With Oz
Oct 26, 2022 7:04 AM CDT
Fetterman Had Some 'Awkward' Moments in Debate With Oz
Though experts say that doesn't mean he's having any cognitive issues
- More than five months after experiencing a stroke, Pennsylvania Democrat John Fetterman struggled at times to explain his positions and often spoke haltingly throughout a highly anticipated debate Tuesday against Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz as they vie for a critical Senate seat, the AP reports. In the opening minutes of...
Polls Are Looking
Better for Dr. Oz
Oct 19, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Polls Are Looking Better for Dr. Oz
Fetterman still has an edge, especially with favorability ratings
- According to Real Clear Politics' polling history of the Senate race in Pennsylvania, Republican Mehmet Oz hasn't led in any of the 18 major polls conducted since June, but the spread has narrowed considerably between him and Democratic opponent John Fetterman. Per Politico , a recent poll sponsored by the...
Oct 12, 2022 7:39 AM CDT
Negativity in Senate Races Is 'Overwhelming'
Nastiness on display in Nevada, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Wisconsin races
- Senate candidates in battleground states are facing an onslaught of ads attacking everything from their character to their preferred sports teams, showing negative campaign tactics have risen "to a new level" this year, the Hill reports. "You turn on the TV, it's overwhelming with the negativity,"...
in the Polls Has
Oct 10, 2022 3:33 AM CDT
Fetterman's Lead in the Polls Has Been Slashed
Things are looking up for Dr. Oz in Pennsylvania
- What was once a commanding lead over Dr. Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania's Senate race has been slashed: Polls show John Fetterman now leads Oz by about four percentage points. That means his lead has been cut almost in half in less than two months, the Hill reports. It notes...
Fetterman Explains Tattoos
After Tucker Carlson's Rant
Sep 27, 2022 5:41 AM CDT
Fetterman Explains Tattoos After Tucker Carlson's Rant
The dates on his forearm are quite meaningful, Senate candidate writes
- Earlier this month, Tucker Carlson went on what John Fetterman calls a "nearly 20-minute long," "unhinged" rant about Fetterman's tattoos, among other things. In an essay on NBC News on Sunday, Fetterman responded. According to the Hill , one of Carlson's comments—while decrying Fetterman as...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Teenager Thought He Bought a Percocet. It Killed Him
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Few in GOP Differ With Trump on Constitution
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.