Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
OnlyFans Secures 'Assurances,'
Suspends Its Content Ban
Aug 25, 2021 9:50 AM CDT
OnlyFans Secures 'Assurances,' Suspends Its Content Ban
Sexually explicit content will still be permitted on site
- The ban that spurred outrage is no more. OnlyFans on Wednesday announced that it's reversing its proposal to bar sexually explicit material. Last Thursday, OnlyFans said the change was needed due to limitations imposed by "banking partners and payout providers," and on Tuesday, CEO Tim Stokely called...
Cop in Sexual Extortion
Case Learns His Fate
Aug 9, 2020 2:15 PM CDT
Cop in Sexual Extortion Case Learns His Fate
Officer Miguel Deras has been fired
- A police officer accused of showing off explicit images of a University of Utah student while investigating an extortion case she filed before her 2018 death has lost his job, officials said Friday, per the AP . Officer Miguel Deras' employment with the Logan City Police Department ended effective immediately after...
Why Live-Stream of Pregnant
Giraffe Got Yanked Off YouTube
Feb 23, 2017 2:32 PM CST
Why Live-Stream of Pregnant Giraffe Got Yanked Off YouTube
It's back, but not before complaints of nudity and sexually explicit content
- It was up, then it was taken down, now it's up again. A live cam trained on a pregnant giraffe at a New York animal center was taken offline by YouTube, but after an appeal, the stream is once again up and running, NBC4 reports. The controversy had swirled...
Teen Sues Snapchat for
Sexually Explicit Content
Jul 8, 2016 8:54 AM CDT
Teen Sues Snapchat for Sexually Explicit Content
He encountered Disney characters in 'too real' sex-with-a-penis situations
- John Doe is a 14-year-old kid in Los Angeles who gets good grades, likes history and science, and uses Snapchat to communicate with friends. But on July 1, he came across a (NSFW) BuzzFeed piece via Snapchat's Discover feature headlined "23 Pictures That Are Too Real If You’...
Cops: In-Home Hair Dresser Took Graphic Photos
Jul 26, 2015 3:35 PM CDT
Cops: In-Home Hair Dresser Took Graphic Photos
James Hickey, 53, was arrested on Friday
- A man who allegedly traveled around Arizona pretending to be a hair dresser so he could take sexually explicit photos of his clients has been apprehended. The US Marshals Service says a task force arrested 53-year-old James Hickey on Friday while he was bike-riding in Flagstaff. Hickey is wanted on...
Texas Court: Dirty Talk
With Minors Is Legal
Oct 31, 2013 4:20 PM CDT
Texas Court: Dirty Talk With Minors Is Legal
Ruling rejects 2005 law that outlawed sexual explicit language online with minors
- A Texas court has ruled that it's legal for adults to talk dirty to minors—as long as they don't solicit sex, reports the
. The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals struck down part of a 2005 law that made it illegal to engage in sexually explicit...
Apple Considers 'Explicit'
Section for Booted Apps
Feb 24, 2010 4:11 PM CST
Apple Considers 'Explicit' Section for Booted Apps
Developer-only category could mean restricted App Store area in future
- Just days after Apple drew the wrath of the blogosphere for booting racy apps from its App Store, iPhone developers report a new “Explicit” category in its place. The move could mean the company is carving out a future place for some of the more than 5,000 programs...
Sep 3, 2009 5:07 AM CDT
Hidden Sex Scenes Cost Grand Theft Auto $20M
Take-Two settles suit over x-rated 'Hot Coffee' uproar
- The makers of Grand Theft Auto are shelling out $20 million to settle a lawsuit over hidden sex scenes in a version of the popular video game, reports Gawker. The suit by investors claims Take-Two Interactive Software officials knew about the x-rated "Hot Coffee" minigame inserted by programmers before...
Gangsta Rap Has Nothing
on Filthy Blues of Old
Aug 5, 2009 3:47 PM CDT
Gangsta Rap Has Nothing on Filthy Blues of Old
- Some complain about the explicit lyrics in rap, but modern MCs have nothing on early-20th-century blues singers. Compared to them, “the members of NWA are levelheaded concerned citizens,” says Cracked. A sampling:
"A to Z Blues," Blind Willie McTell, 1956: "
I'm gonna cut A, B,
GOP Web Game
Jul 17, 2009 3:18 AM CDT
GOP Web Game Yanked After Anti-Semitic Flap
- The Republican National Committee has yanked an online game from one of its websites after complaints that aspects of the game were anti-Semitic and sexually graphic, reports Politico. The "Obama Card Game (Life Costs Nothing)" was intended to demonstrate how much could be purchased with the $3.4 trillion...
Popular on Newser
One of America's Best-Paid CEOs Abruptly Steps Down
Missing Toddler Found in Woods With 2 Furry Protectors
Dallas Mayor Switches Parties
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
College Student Finds Quite the Wedding Dress Bargain
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.