Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
A Grim Repetition
of History for
Jan 18, 2023 10:46 AM CST
A Grim Repetition of History for Co-Pilot in Nepal Crash
Anju Khatiwada's husband died in a crash 16 years prior
- The co-pilot who died Sunday in the crash of Yeti Airlines Flight 691 in Nepal became a pilot after her own husband died in an identical manner 16 years prior, reports the BBC . Anju Khatiwada's husband reportedly died when the Yeti Airlines flight he was co-piloting crashed in June...
No One Expected to Have
Survived Nepal Plane Crash
Jan 16, 2023 2:09 AM CST
No One Expected to Have Survived Nepal Plane Crash
The search continued Monday as an investigation began
- Police are warning that there are unlikely to be any survivors of Sunday's devastating plane crash in Nepal . At least 68 of the 72 people aboard the passenger plane, which crashed in a popular Himalayan tourist area as it attempted to land, were confirmed to have been killed soon...
Plane Crashes in Popular
Himalayan Vacation Town
Jan 15, 2023 5:25 AM CST
Plane Crashes in Popular Himalayan Vacation Town
At least 68 dead as aircraft crashes into gorge in Pokhara, Nepal, popular site for hikers
- A regional passenger plane with 72 people on board crashed into a gorge while landing at a newly opened airport in the resort town of Pokhara in central Nepal on Sunday, killing at least 68, per the AP . Rescuers scoured the crash site near the Seti River, which is about...
Kayakers Make 'Pretty Comical'
Rescue of Pilot in Icy Creek
Dec 27, 2022 6:34 AM CST
Kayakers Make 'Pretty Comical' Rescue of Pilot in Icy Creek
Maryland officials, however, say they saved life of man who crashed into Maryland waters
- A pilot has a number of shovel-wielding kayakers to thank following his rescue from an icy creek in Maryland after his plane plunged into it. Per a release from the Maryland State Police, 71-year-old Steve Couchman of Frederick took off Monday morning in his single-engine Piper Cherokee aircraft from Lee...
Pilot's Ejection Caught
on Camera After
Fighter Jet Crash
Dec 16, 2022 1:52 PM CST
Pilot's Ejection Caught on Camera After Fighter Jet Crash
Pilot is OK after slow-moving accident at Texas military base
- The pilot of a fighter jet that crash-landed in Texas will be fine after ejecting from the plane after it hit the ground. The
describes the "bizarre slow-moving crash" that took place Thursday morning at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, where a spectator captured...
Woman, Child Killed When
Plane Crashes in Gulf of Mexico
Dec 5, 2022 2:23 AM CST
Woman, Child Killed When Plane Crashes in Gulf of Mexico
Police are searching for 3rd person believed to have been on private plane
- A private airplane crashed into the Gulf of Mexico off the Florida coast Saturday night, with two people, including a child, confirmed dead as authorities searched for a third person believed to have been on the flight, police said. Authorities in Venice, Florida, initiated a search Sunday after 10am following...
From Power Line
for Hours With 2
Nov 28, 2022 5:55 AM CST
Plane Dangled From Power Line for Hours With 2 Trapped Inside
Pilot, passenger have been rescued
- The pilot and passenger trapped for hours after a plane crashed into Maryland power lines Sunday were rescued early Monday. While they were initially reported to have been unharmed before they'd been extricated from the plane, CNN reports both were hospitalized with serious injuries including orthopedic and trauma injuries...
After Crash at Air Show,
a Death Toll of 6
Nov 13, 2022 8:17 AM CST
After Crash at Air Show, a Death Toll of 6
Two vintage planes collided in Dallas
- Six people were killed after two historic military planes collided and crashed to the ground Saturday afternoon during a Dallas air show, officials said. “According to our Dallas County Medical Examiner, there are a total of 6 fatalities from yesterday’s Wings over Dallas air show incident,” Dallas...
Historic Planes Collide,
Crash During Air Show
Nov 12, 2022 5:15 PM CST
Historic Planes Collide, Crash During Air Show
Officials have no information yet on possible casualties
- Two historic military planes collided and crashed to the ground Saturday during an air show in Dallas, exploding into a ball of flames and sending plumes of black smoke billowing into the sky. It was unclear how many people were on board the aircraft or if anyone on the ground...
Death Toll Hits 19 in
Lake Victoria Plane Crash
Nov 7, 2022 2:31 PM CST
Death Toll Hits 19 in Lake Victoria Plane Crash
Fisherman hailed as hero for efforts to rescue survivors of Tanzania crash
- A plane crashed Sunday morning into Lake Victoria as it approached an airport in Tanzania, killing 19 people on board, the country's prime minister said. A senior policeman said it was raining when the aircraft plunged into the water. Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa raised the death toll up from...
Into Car Dealership
Oct 18, 2022 1:20 PM CDT
Plane Crashes Into Car Dealership
2 killed, but nobody on the ground was injured in Marietta, Ohio
- A plane crash early Tuesday left two dead and sent flames and billowing smoke over the small city of Marietta, Ohio, reports CNN . The crash occurred around 7:15am, when a twin-engine 1974 Beechcraft King Air E90 went down in the parking lot of a Buick dealership. A spokesman for...
As Trial Begins on Fatal
Flight 447, a Big First in France
Oct 10, 2022 6:54 AM CDT
As Trial Begins on Fatal Flight 447, a Big First in France
Air France and Airbus are first French companies to face trial there after a plane crash
- Thirteen years after Air France Flight 447 plunged into the Atlantic Ocean during its journey from Rio de Janeiro to Paris, a nine-week manslaughter trial is finally beginning. Reuters reports that the trial starting Monday in the French capital is the first time that companies in that nation have faced...
On a Clear Morning,
2 Small Planes Collide in Midair
Sep 18, 2022 5:32 AM CDT
On a Clear Morning, 2 Small Planes Collide in Midair
3 people died in the crash near Denver
- Two small airplanes collided in midair near Denver on Saturday, killing three people, authorities said. It wasn't known what might have caused the crash between the four-seater Cessna 172 and the Sonex Xenos, a light, aluminum, homebuilt aircraft that can seat two. Nearby residents who heard the crash and...
Remains Found Near
'Ghost Plane' Crash Site
Sep 6, 2022 8:59 PM CDT
Remains Found Near 'Ghost Plane' Crash Site
Fighter jets scrambled before crash didn't see anybody in Cessna's cockpit
- Investigators haven't found answers yet in the mysterious crash of a private jet in the Baltic Sea Sunday—but human remains and debris have now been recovered, and an underwater search for the Cessna Citation 551 is underway. Lt. Cmdr. Peteris Subbota, head of the Latvian military’s Marine...
Floatplane Crash Victims
Include Winemaker, Family
Sep 6, 2022 5:12 PM CDT
Floatplane Crash Victims Include Winemaker, Family
Civil rights activist was also among the 10 dead in Washington state crash
- A civil rights activist from Spokane, Washington, a business owner, and the founder of a winery and his family were on the floatplane that crashed in the waters of Puget Sound , killing 10. The US Coast Guard released the names of the victims early Tuesday. The body of one of...
10 Presumed Dead in
Sep 6, 2022 12:20 AM CDT
10 Presumed Dead in Washington State Floatplane Crash
One body found, search for 9 others, including child, called off
The US Coast Guard suspended the search Monday afternoon for nine people, including a child, who were missing after a floatplane crashed in the waters of Puget Sound northwest of Seattle, the AP reports. The body of a 10th person, an unidentified female, was recovered by a Good Samaritan...
Plane Crash Follows Erratic
Flight, Scramble of NATO Jets
Sep 5, 2022 8:44 AM CDT
Plane Crash Follows Erratic Flight, Scramble of NATO Jets
Private Cessna aircraft plunged into Baltic Sea, off the coast of Latvia
- A private plane that took off out of Spain on Sunday ended up in the waters off of Latvia, after an erratic flight path that drew NATO jets to track the aircraft. CNN reports the Cessna 551 registered in Austria took off from Jerez shortly before 1pm local time, with...
Man Dies While Scattering
His Father's Ashes
Sep 4, 2022 10:55 AM CDT
Man Dies While Scattering His Father's Ashes
Lee Cemensky was in an ultralight aircraft that went down last Sunday in Minnesota
- Leo John Cemensky died Aug. 7 in Fifty Lakes, Minnesota, at age 80 . His son died three weeks later, apparently during the process of scattering his dad's ashes. KLAS reports Lee Cemensky, 58, was in an ultralight aircraft piloted by Douglas A. Johnson that went down in a wooded...
Planes on Final Approach
to Airport Collide in Mid-Air
Aug 19, 2022 12:30 AM CDT
Planes on Final Approach to Airport Collide in Mid-Air
All 3 people aboard were killed in small aircraft crash
- Two pilots both attempting to land small aircraft at a Northern California airport collided in mid-air Thursday afternoon, killing all three people reported to be on board. The small private planes were attempting to land at Watsonville Municipal Airport in Santa Cruz County when the crash occurred around 3pm, KRON4...
Planes Collide at North
Las Vegas Airport, Killing 4
Jul 18, 2022 1:39 AM CDT
Planes Collide at North Las Vegas Airport, Killing 4
One plane was preparing to land when crash occurred
- Four people died Sunday after two small planes collided at North Las Vegas Airport, authorities said. The Federal Aviation Administration said a single-engine Piper PA-46 and a single-engine Cessna 172 collided around noon Sunday, the AP reports. “Preliminary information indicates that the Piper PA-46 was preparing to land when...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.