Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest news stories about dumb criminals on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cops Find Wanted Woman in
Most Comfy of Hiding Spots
in case you missed it
Nov 26, 2023 11:10 AM CST
Cops Find Wanted Woman in Most Comfy of Hiding Spots
Felon Stacy Usher, sought by police for alleged parole violation in Florida, was found inside couch
- A convicted felon in three different Florida counties eluded law enforcement for most of November, but authorities tracked her down this week hiding in her own home. WFLA reports that the Citrus County Sheriff's Office had been searching for 39-year-old Stacy Usher, who, according to its Nov. 8 Facebook...
Lawyer Accused of Bringing
More Than Papers to Jail
Nov 22, 2023 10:40 AM CST
Lawyer Accused of Bringing More Than Papers to Jail
Ronald Lewis, 77, is accused of smuggling drug-laced documents to inmates in Texas facility
- A good attorney will have your back as you navigate all the legalities of your case. An even better attorney knows that "having your back" doesn't translate to sneaking narcotics into the facility where you're incarcerated. That's exactly what lawyer Ronald Henry Lewis is accused of...
Cops: She Stole Car for Stripper
Interview, Hoped for Impunity
Oct 12, 2023 12:37 PM CDT
Cops: She Stole Car for Stripper Interview, Hoped for Impunity
Kasia Shelton reportedly thought her arrest was a 'joke' as the vehicle was recovered
- An Indiana woman seemed to think she did nothing wrong despite stealing a car in order to travel to an interview for a stripper job, police say. Confronted by police, Kasia Shelton, 20, "acted like this whole thing was a joke" and "did not understand what she was...
Cops Say Mom Went to Awful
Lengths to Please Her Beau
Aug 31, 2023 10:50 AM CDT
Cops Say Mom Went to Awful Lengths to Please Her Beau
Jazmin Paez allegedly thought she was hiring a hitman to kill her 3-year-old son, per authorities
- Rent-a-Hitman is a parody website , but its fake customer-service awards and customer testimonials have convinced more than a few people to submit legitimate requests for an assassin, leading to at least 30 arrests, per
. The latest to fall for the ruse is apparently Jazmin Paez, an 18-year-old Florida woman...
Prosecutor: Teen Had Very Bad
Plan to Get Friend Off Work
Jul 21, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
Prosecutor: Teen Had Very Bad Plan to Get Friend Off Work
Missouri man allegedly made 'swatting' call that forced evacuation of Ford plant
- A 19-year-old man in Missouri allegedly had a plan to get his friend off work and in one way, it was a success: Ford's assembly plant in Claycomo, near Kansas City, was evacuated and production was halted Tuesday night after a caller said they were barricaded in a second-floor...
He Tried to Rob the Nail
Salon. It Didn't Quite Work
Jul 8, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
He Tried to Rob the Nail Salon. It Didn't Quite Work
Customers, staff ignore man's demands for money in Atlanta incident
- Usually when someone enters a building with what appears to be a weapon and yells "Everybody get down!," people scurry to get down. Not in this Georgia nail salon, where patrons and staff members didn't seem at all fazed by a criminal wannabe's attempts to rob...
Mounties: US Driver
With Car Full of Cash,
Pot Took Wrong Turn
Jun 6, 2023 7:49 PM CDT
Mounties: US Driver With Car Full of Cash, Pot Took Wrong Turn
He was arrested after accidentally joining line to cross into Canada
- The Mounties say an American man entered the wrong GPS coordinates and accidentally ended up in Canada—which probably wouldn't have been a major issue if his car hadn't been full of cannabis and cash. In a press release Tuesday, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the driver...
Cops: Alleged Robber Used
'Gun' Many Will Recognize
Jun 3, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Cops: Alleged Robber Used 'Gun' Many Will Recognize
Officials say David Joseph Dalesandro held up convenience store with Nintendo 'Duck Hunt' pistol
- An armed robbery this week at a South Carolina convenience store apparently wasn't as "armed" as the clerk thought. CNN reports on the Tuesday incident at a Kwik Stop in the small town of Sharon, where a man donning a hoodie, wig, and mask entered the store around...
After Cops Arrested 6,
the Arrests Kept Coming
in case you missed it
May 28, 2023 7:20 AM CDT
After Cops Arrested 6, the Arrests Kept Coming
Auto theft case goes off the rails after guardian for detained juveniles shows up in a stolen car
- An auto theft case in Maryland took a wild turn after the guardian of four detained juveniles who came to the police station to pick them up was arrested as well. KOMO reports that on May 16, cops ran a check on two occupied Hyundais parked in a business lot...
Feds: Man Applied to Be
Hit Man at Parody Site
Apr 17, 2023 12:50 PM CDT
Feds: Man Applied to Be Hit Man at Parody Site
Air National Guardsman was arrested after meeting undercover FBI agent
- Jake Teixeira isn't the only 21-year-old Air National Guardsman facing criminal charges. Tennessee's Josiah Ernesto Garcia was arrested last week after he allegedly offered his services to Rent-a-Hitman.com, unaware that it is a parody site whose owner contacts law enforcement when it looks like requests could...
Guy Who Stole
Thumb Pleads Guilty
Apr 6, 2023 8:42 AM CDT
Guy Who Stole Terracotta Warrior's Thumb Pleads Guilty
Michael Rohana reaches plea deal in crime that outraged China
- A Delaware man's legal saga is approaching its end, more than five years after an extremely ill-advised move at an ugly Christmas sweater party that led to an FBI investigation and international tensions. Days before Christmas 2017, Michael Rohana was at an after-hours party in the Franklin Institute in...
Cops Say as
for Porn, He Was
Staring at It
Mar 17, 2023 12:15 PM CDT
Cops Say as They Searched for Porn, He Was Staring at It
Alan Neil Thur of Georgia wasn't exactly sly, authorities say
- It wasn't hard to find child pornography during a search of a Georgia man's home, according to police, because he was looking at it on his computer. After receiving a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that 75-year-old Alan Neil Thur had uploaded child...
When Your Getaway Car
Is an EV, Charge It First
Mar 6, 2023 11:32 AM CST
When Your Getaway Car Is an EV, Charge It First
Georgia police say they busted thieves not far from the crime scene—charging their Tesla
- When endeavoring to avoid headlines for criminal idiocy with a green flair, you'd best remember one simple rule: Charge the EV in which you are attempting to flee the scene of your crime. As Fox5 reports, police say two would-be criminal masterminds robbed gaming systems from an unnamed store...
Cops: TikTok Challenge Drove
Teens to Act Like Kool-Aid Man
Feb 23, 2023 12:07 PM CST
Cops: TikTok Challenge Drove Teens to Act Like Kool-Aid Man
Kids busted for crashing through residents' fences on Long Island
- Another day, another stupid TikTok challenge. This time it involves a group of Long Island teens who allegedly decided to emulate the Kool-Aid Man's move of busting through walls —except in their case, they're accused of kicking down local fences. Fox News reports that Suffolk County police...
Cops: Man Took Truck for
Unusually Long Test Drive
Feb 23, 2023 10:25 AM CST
Cops: Man Took Truck for Unusually Long Test Drive
He was arrested inside an Atlantic City casino, 40 miles away from the dealership
- A New Jersey man who apparently gambled on not getting caught took a new pickup truck for a test drive and was arrested at a casino almost 40 miles away. Police in Stafford Township say Jason DeAngelo, 47, took a 2023 white GMC Sierra from a dealership around 11am Saturday...
Cops: Robbery Suspect Fled,
Dec 29, 2022 6:43 AM CST
Cops: Robbery Suspect Fled,
Gainesville police say slipped on a patch of ice as he was trying to flee a botched robbery
- An alleged armed robber was foiled in the early hours of Christmas Day in what police say was like a scene from
. Police say Luis Sajbocho-Ordonez concealed himself behind a business in Gainesville, Georgia, which has been experiencing unusually low temperatures, and demanded cash from an employee who...
Set Fire to Wrong House: Cops
Jul 28, 2022 12:54 PM CDT
Revenge-Seeking Arsonist Set Fire to Wrong House: Cops
Christie Louise Jones thought she was at an ex-boyfriend's, police say
- A woman who intended to burn down her ex-lover's home failed to confirm the address and ended up setting fire to a stranger's abode, according to police in North Carolina. The result is that the alleged arsonist can't even claim the sweet taste of revenge as she...
Cops: Burglar Returned to
Crime Scene for His Keys
Jul 26, 2022 5:12 PM CDT
Cops: Burglar Returned to Crime Scene for His Keys
Man broke into doughnut company's corporate offices in California
- A Northern California burglar returned to the scene of the crime this weekend after he forgot his keys inside a doughnut company's corporate office. The thief stole some petty cash from Johnny Doughnuts' office in the San Francisco Bay Area on Saturday night, police said. In another twist, he...
Bad Time to Capsize Kayak:
When Fleeing From Police
Jun 15, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Bad Time to Capsize Kayak: When Fleeing From Police
Ala. theft suspect had to swim to shore, where police were waiting: report
- An alleged thief in Alabama tried to evade police by hopping in a river kayak, only to capsize shortly after, authorities say. Numerous people had called Hokes Bluff Police on Friday to report the man, who was allegedly seen wandering through backyards and stealing a lawn mower and leaf blower,...
2 Arrested in Theft of Sheriff's
Apr 19, 2022 5:52 PM CDT
2 Arrested in Theft of Sheriff's Speed-Warning Trailer
'It appears they were trying to get the batteries to sell the batteries,' sheriff says
- Two Alabama men have been arrested over an audacious, but extremely ill-advised, theft. The Russell County Sheriff's Office said in a Facebook post Tuesday that Gabriel Mendoza Garcia and Steve Gerome Spann were arrested Monday for allegedly stealing a speed-warning trailer that belongs to the sheriff's office. "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.