Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lawyer, the Tables
May 12, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
For George Zimmerman's Lawyer, the Tables Have Turned
Mark O'Mara is now repping slain black teen Adrein Green
- The attorney who represented George Zimmerman in the fatal 2012 shooting of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., now has the opposite case. Mark O'Mara is representing the family of a black teen who was fatally shot before 2am on May 5 as he allegedly attempted to burglarize a vehicle,...
Zimmerman Sues Trayvon's
Family, Others for $100M
Dec 4, 2019 1:52 PM CST
Zimmerman Sues Trayvon's Family, Others for $100M
He alleges there was a conspiracy
- Seven years after he fatally shot Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman has filed a lawsuit against the teen's family, prosecutors, and others tied to the case. The
reports the suit is intertwined with a new documentary called the
that alleges the teen's family got witnesses...
Zimmerman Gets the Boot
Apr 20, 2019 1:55 PM CDT
Zimmerman Gets the Boot
Trayvon Martin's killer was apparently using a fake name on the dating website
- Bad news for anyone with a thing for George Zimmerman: Two dating apps have given him the boot, CNN reports. Tinder recently removed the killer of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin from its platform, just as Bumble did in December. Screen grabs from Creating Loafing Tampa Bay show Zimmerman going by "...
George Zimmerman: I Have
No Job, No Assets, Owe $2.5M
May 24, 2018 8:37 AM CDT
George Zimmerman: I Have No Job, No Assets, Owe $2.5M
Man acquitted in Trayvon Martin case does have public defender to help with new stalking charges
- George Zimmerman is back in the legal system, apparently a little poorer this time around. CNN reports public defender Blaise Trettis has been assigned to Zimmerman—the Florida man acquitted in the 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin —after Zimmerman told a Seminole County court that he has...
George Zimmerman Arraigned
on Stalking Charge
May 7, 2018 7:00 PM CDT
George Zimmerman Arraigned on Stalking Charge
Zimmerman is accused of threatening an investigator for a film on Trayvon Martin
- Authorities say George Zimmerman threatened a private investigator working for a documentary filmmaker. Per the AP , court records show Zimmerman was issued a summons for a May 30 arraignment on a charge of misdemeanor stalking. A sheriff's report says the investigator contacted Zimmerman in September on behalf of Michael...
Jay Z Making
Film, TV Series
Mar 24, 2017 11:55 AM CDT
Jay Z Making Trayvon Martin Film, TV Series
Based on 2 books
- A Trayvon Martin movie and TV series are coming out, thanks to Jay Z. The rapper is teaming with the Weinstein Company to make a six-part docu-series as well as a narrative feature film focusing on the life and death of Martin, the 17-year-old shot and killed by George Zimmerman...
Had Quite the
Nov 11, 2016 9:58 AM CST
Zimmerman Had Quite the Night Wednesday
He claimed he was assaulted, used racial slur at bar: cops
- George Zimmerman claims a black man hit him at a bar near Sanford, Fla., on Wednesday, but that's not the same story police are telling. The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says Zimmerman became belligerent and used a racial slur at the Corona Cigar Company after officers were called...
Ends in 20-Year
Oct 17, 2016 10:48 AM CDT
George Zimmerman Road-Rage Incident Ends in 20-Year Sentence
Matthew Apperson was found guilty of attempted second-degree murder
- A Florida man who fired at George Zimmerman's vehicle during a road-rage confrontation has been sentenced to 20 years in prison; that's the minimum sentence mandated by the state. The
reports that at the sentencing hearing Monday morning, Zimmerman said 38-year-old Matthew Apperson showed no regard...
Man Convicted of Attempting
to Kill George Zimmerman
Sep 16, 2016 6:05 PM CDT
Man Convicted of Attempting to Kill George Zimmerman
It happened during a road rage incident
- A Florida man who fired a gun at George Zimmerman's truck during a road-rage confrontation was convicted of attempted second-degree murder Friday, the AP reports. Jurors also found 37-year-old Matthew Apperson guilty of shooting into a vehicle and aggravated assault with a firearm. He faces sentencing Oct. 17.
NC Shooting to
Aug 12, 2016 11:53 AM CDT
Lawyer Likens NC Shooting to Zimmerman Case
Chad Copley 'killed my son for nothing,' says victim's mom
- Chad Copley is a neighborhood watch volunteer who police say fatally shot a black man . Sound familiar? He's "George Zimmerman 2.0," says Justin Bamberg, a lawyer representing the family of Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, 20, whom Copley allegedly shot and killed early Sunday. Bamberg says Thomas was...
Zimmerman Talks About Trayvon, Gets Punched
Aug 5, 2016 5:53 AM CDT
Zimmerman Talks About Trayvon, Gets Punched
Witnesses say he was boasting about killing Trayvon Martin
- There are differing accounts of what happened at a Sanford, Fla., restaurant Sunday evening, but three things are clear: George Zimmerman discussed shooting Trayvon Martin, he was punched in the face, and he is no longer welcome at Gators Riverside Grille. WKMG reports that Zimmerman called 911 and said that...
Auction Ends: Zimmerman
May Get $120K for Gun
May 18, 2016 5:35 PM CDT
Auction Ends: Zimmerman May Get $120K for Gun
This time, the online sale appears to have worked
- It looks like George Zimmerman has sold his gun after all. Both TMZ and WKMG report an online auction that ended Wednesday received a verified top bid of $120,000 for the weapon used to kill Trayvon Martin. A higher bid of nearly $140,000 by "John Smith" appeared...
Trayvon Martin Parents
May 18, 2016 6:33 AM CDT
Zimmerman Insults Trayvon Martin Parents
'They didn't raise their son right,' he says
- George Zimmerman appears to have decided he hasn't caused enough pain yet to the parents of the teenager he killed four years ago. In an interview with the Daily Beast , Zimmerman said Trayvon Martin's mother and father were bad parents who should "have an internal dialogue to...
Top 'Bid' for
May 13, 2016 6:16 AM CDT
Top 'Bid' for Zimmerman's Gun: $65M
One big bidder: 'Racist McShootface'
- George Zimmerman's attempt to sell the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin appears to be back on again, though bidders are clearly making a joke of it. Early Friday morning, the leading bid in the online auction at UnitedGunGroup came from "Weedlord Bonerhitler" at a bit more...
May 12, 2016 11:41 AM CDT
Zimmerman's Gun Auction Taken Down
And Smithsonian denies wanting gun
- For reasons unknown, but easily guessed, GunBroker.com has taken down an auction listing for the gun George Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman had just listed the 9mm pistol with a starting bid of $5,000, and the auction was set to start at 11am Eastern Thursday. By...
May 12, 2016 6:41 AM CDT
Zimmerman Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon Martin
He puts 'piece of American history' up for auction
- George Zimmerman says he is "honored and humbled" to be selling the gun he killed Trayvon Martin with four years ago. Zimmerman has listed the 9-mm pistol on a gun auction site, calling it a "piece of American history" that the Smithsonian is interested in, reports the
Ex Speaks Out on
Dec 5, 2015 1:19 PM CST
Ex Speaks Out on Dating George Zimmerman and Topless Photos
'He’s a very charismatic person when you first meet him'
- “It’s horrible. It’s very violating." Twitter suspended the account belonging to George Zimmerman on Thursday after he tweeted topless photos of his ex-girlfriend Heather, along with her phone number, her email address, and accusations that she slept with a "dirty Muslim" and stole guns and...
Dec 3, 2015 4:45 PM CST
Twitter Boots George Zimmerman Over Topless Revenge Pics
'This is Heather. She cheated on me with a dirty Muslim'
- Infamous Florida man George Zimmerman has been kicked off Twitter at least temporarily after managing to fit harassment, slut shaming, Islamophobia, misogyny, and bigotry into 140 characters or less. The
New York Daily News
reports Zimmerman—who was acquitted of killing black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012—tweeted two topless...
Zimmerman Tweets Photo
We Didn't See Coming
Sep 28, 2015 3:00 PM CDT
Zimmerman Tweets Photo We Didn't See Coming
'Z-Man is a one man army' accompanies sad photo
- George Zimmerman's Twitter feed attracted a little attention Sunday when he retweeted a photo of Trayvon Martin's dead body—along with the words "Z-Man is a one man army." He soon took down the tweet, which was originally posted by @SeriousSlav , an apparent admirer, but this...
of Confederate Flag
Aug 18, 2015 1:54 PM CDT
Zimmerman Finds Ally, Hawks Paintings of Confederate Flag
He teams with owner of 'Muslim-free' gun shop in Florida
- Like the Avengers of controversy, George Zimmerman and the owner of a "Muslim-free" gun shop are teaming up to sell copies of Zimmerman's painting of a Confederate flag. According to the Florida Gun Supply website , Zimmerman was painting an American flag when he heard about a suit against...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Deborrah Collier Bought Some Items Before Her Odd Death
Moans and Worse Heard Over Airline's PA System
Couple Saves Injured Baby Allegedly Abandoned by Dad
Chess Champ Finally Unloads Cheating Allegations
Court Doc: Texas AG Fled While Being Served Subpoena
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.