Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Feb 13, 2021 7:30 AM CST
Ashley Judd Details an 'Incredibly Harrowing 55 Hours'
Actress is healing from 'catastrophic' fall while doing conservation work in Democratic Republic of Congo
New York Times
columnist Nicholas Kristof had an Instagram Live chat on Friday with Ashley Judd, who was propped up in an ICU bed in a South Africa hospital. How she got there: She explained she'd had a recent "catastrophic" fall while doing conservation work tracking endangered bonobos...
After Deaths at Chicken Plant,
Probe Zeroes In on Conveyer
Feb 8, 2021 2:10 PM CST
After Deaths at Chicken Plant, Probe Zeroes In on Conveyer
6 workers died after liquid nitrogen release at Foundation Food Group in Georgia
- A conveyer that transported chicken to a liquid nitrogen bath at a Georgia poultry processing plant had unresolved problems prior to the liquid nitrogen release that killed six workers on Jan. 28, federal investigators said. The
Atlanta Journal Constitution
reports the plant in Gainesville flash freezes its chicken using liquid...
Jennifer Lawrence Injured by
'Controlled Glass Explosion'
Feb 6, 2021 12:51 PM CST
Jennifer Lawrence Injured by 'Controlled Glass Explosion'
She is filming 'Don't Look Up' in Boston
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence was left with a cut to her eyelid Friday after what was supposed to be a “controlled glass explosion” went awry during filming of her new movie
Don’t Look Up
, TMZ reports. “An explosion was set up for a stunt in which glass shatters,...
Late-Night Bus Ride
Turns Terrifying in NYC
Jan 15, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Late-Night Bus Ride Turns Terrifying in NYC
9 injured after MTA vehicle plunged 50 feet off overpass toward Cross Bronx Expressway
- It was supposed to make a left, but instead, the bus went over a bridge. The
New York Daily News
reports on Thursday's frightening crash at around 11pm in the Bronx borough of New York City, when an MTA bus smashed through the barriers of an overpass and fell...
Report: Here's How Woman
Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Oct 24, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Massachusetts inspectors take a closer look
- Inspectors are casting fresh light on a horrible accident that claimed a woman's life in Boston last month, the
reports. According to a state report, 38-year-old Carrie O'Connor plunged into an elevator shaft while lugging an oversized package on the first floor. She was moving into...
Oct 14, 2020 6:20 PM CDT
People With These Names Should Watch Their Step
A California-based firm compiles a rather odd list
- What's in a name? Your odds of breaking a toe or looking silly in public, it seems. That's according to Uplift Legal Funding, a company that lists the top 10 names of the "most accident-prone" men and women, Today reports. Seems the firm made its list by...
Star Hurt in
Horrific Bowling Accident
Sep 24, 2020 6:24 AM CDT
Star Hurt in Horrific Bowling Accident
Buddy Valastro's hand was impaled by a pinsetter
star Buddy Valastro has badly injured his right hand—and it didn't happen in a kitchen. A rep tells Fox that the 43-year-old's hand was impaled multiple times after it became stuck in a pinsetter at his home bowling alley in New Jersey. "Unable to...
Crane Collision in
Austin Injures 22
Sep 16, 2020 12:39 PM CDT
Crane Collision in Austin Injures 22
It occurred at a construction site
- Two cranes collided Wednesday at a construction site in Austin, Texas, causing one of them to partially collapse and injuring at least 22 workers who were sent scrambling for safety, authorities said. The cranes collided and got tangled several stories above a building under construction near the Mueller Development just...
Cowell: If You Buy an Electric
Trail Bike, 'Read the Manual'
Aug 10, 2020 1:24 PM CDT
Cowell: If You Buy an Electric Trail Bike, 'Read the Manual'
He thanks nurses, doctors after breaking his back
- Some advice from Simon Cowell: "If you buy an electric trail bike, read the manual before you ride it for the first time." The
America's Got Talent
creator tweeted the advice Sunday, the day after he broke part of his back testing the bike in the courtyard...
Cate Blanchett: 1,
Jun 5, 2020 1:01 PM CDT
Cate Blanchett: 1, Chainsaw: Zero
Actress doing OK after lockdown accident left her with a 'little nick to the head'
- If you've been having a hard time stuck at home during the pandemic, consider yourself lucky you haven't been attacked by a chainsaw (unless you have, in which case ... carry on). During a podcast conversation with ex-Aussie Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Cate Blanchett revealed just such a thing...
'Incalculable' Damage After
Truck Hits Easter Island Statue
Mar 7, 2020 6:30 AM CST
'Incalculable' Damage After Truck Hits Easter Island Statue
The unmanned vehicle was parked, but the brake apparently failed
- For the Rapa Nui, the iconic moai statues of Easter Island are "sacred structures," Camilo Rapu, the head of the indigenous community there, tells CNN . That's why what went down in the Chilean territory Sunday has the locals distressed and wondering how to better protect the famous...
Boiling Water Floods
Hotel, Killing 5
Jan 20, 2020 2:32 AM CST
Boiling Water Floods Hotel, Killing 5
Heating pipe burst in Russia basement hotel
- A heating pipe burst Monday in small Russian hotel, flooding rooms with boiling water that killed five people, including a child, and left six others injured in the city of Perm, emergency officials say. The nine-room hotel was located in the basement of a residential building in the city near...
9-Year-Old Girl Who'd Just
Started Hunting Is Shot Dead
Jan 3, 2020 7:25 AM CST
9-Year-Old Girl Who'd Just Started Hunting Is Shot Dead
Lauren Drawdy, dad Kim Drawdy, accidentally killed by another hunter in South Carolina
- New Year's Day was the last day of deer hunting season in Colleton County, SC, which makes what happened there this week even more tragic. WCBD reports that a father and his 9-year-old daughter were accidentally shot and killed in Walterboro while hunting, just a few weeks after the...
Cruise Line Passenger
Plummets to His Death
Nov 19, 2019 1:08 PM CST
Cruise Line Passenger Plummets to His Death
Brian Rice died of blunt force trauma, authorities say
- Four stories is a long fall—and sadly, Brian Rice didn't survive it. The Carnival Cruise Line passenger died of blunt force trauma Friday after plummeting from the ninth deck to the fifth as the vessel returned to Miami,
reports. Medical staff on Carnival Horizon rushed to his...
Skydiving Accident Takes
Life of 28-Year-Old Woman
Sep 27, 2019 6:33 AM CDT
Skydiving Accident Takes Life of 28-Year-Old Woman
She hit a big rig on a highway
- As a group of seven skydivers descended near California's Lodi Airport on Thursday afternoon, something went terribly wrong. A 28-year-old woman died after she was apparently blown off course amid windy conditions that affected her open parachute, reports the
. She hit a big rig on a highway...
The 'Rainbow Experiment' Went
Wrong. Now, a $60M Payout
Jul 2, 2019 8:05 AM CDT
The 'Rainbow Experiment' Went Wrong. Now, a $60M Payout
Ex-high school student Alonzo Yanes suffered 3rd-degree burns over 30% of his body
- Anna Poole was simply trying to show her high school chemistry class the "Rainbow Experiment," which illustrates how mineral salts change color when an accelerant, usually methanol, is poured on. But the 2014 experiment went wrong, one of her students was severely burned by the resulting fireball, and...
One Dead, 22 Injured in
West Point Mishap
Jun 6, 2019 10:40 AM CDT
One Dead, 22 Injured in West Point Mishap
Armored vehicle rolled Thursday, killing cadet
- A West Point cadet is dead after a tactical vehicle overturned during a training exercise early Thursday. The incident involving a Light Medium Tactical Vehicle, in which another 20 cadets and two soldiers were injured, occurred around 6:45am on a dirt road at the Camp Natural Bridge training site,...
11 Workers Die After
Elevator Cable Snaps
Apr 25, 2019 12:27 AM CDT
11 Workers Die After Elevator Cable Snaps
It is latest in string of Chinese industrial disasters
- Eleven workers were killed and two seriously injured Thursday when an elevator at a construction site in northern China fell due to a snapped cable, state media reports. Voice of China radio said the accident, the latest in a series of deadly industrial incidents, occurred around 8am in the Hebei...
Claims 2 Lives
Mar 11, 2019 1:02 PM CDT
Paragliding Tragedy Claims 2 Lives
2 men killed after in-air collision above Torrey Pines, Calif.
- A man from Orange County, Calif., and another from San Diego met a tragic fate after they crashed while paragliding over Torrey Pines on Saturday. The
San Diego Tribune
reports the two men—identified as 61-year-old Raul Gonzalez Valerio and 43-year-old Glenn Johnny Peter Bengtsson, respectively, per KNSD —were...
Jetliner Crash Has
No Apparent Survivors
Feb 23, 2019 5:24 PM CST
Jetliner Crash Has No Apparent Survivors
A Boeing 767 goes down in Trinity Bay, Texas
- A Boeing 767 cargo jetliner heading to Houston with three people aboard disintegrated after crashing Saturday into a bay east of the city, according to a Texas sheriff. Witnesses told emergency personnel that the twin-engine plane "went in nose first," leaving a debris field three-quarters of a mile...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
US Population on Track for 'Historic' Swerve
They Make a Living Scamming Scammers
Some Think Twice About Wearing a Wetsuit in SF
Little-Known Syndrome More Common Than Realized
National Prayer Breakast Splinters
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.