Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Report: Epstein Tried to Use
Bill Gates' Affair as Leverage
May 22, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Report: Epstein Tried to Use Bill Gates' Affair as Leverage
Sources say email Epstein sent in 2017 had a threatening undertone
- Bill Gates and Jeffrey Epstein had a number of meetings and dinners together beginning in 2011. A decade later, following the disgraced financier's death, Gates called those meetings a "huge mistake," and said he put an end to them once it became clear that Epstein's claim...
Looks Like Bill Gates
Found Love Again
Feb 9, 2023 2:06 PM CST
Looks Like Bill Gates Found Love Again
Microsoft founder is apparently dating Paula Hurd, widow of late Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd
- If you ever wondered whom Bill Gates would end up with after his divorce from Melinda French Gates, we apparently have our preliminary answer: Paula Hurd, the 60-year-old widow of late co-CEO Mark Hurd. The two were spotted courtside last month at the Australian Open men's final, reports
Gates Foundation Commits
$1.2B to Ending Polio
Oct 16, 2022 4:50 PM CDT
Gates Foundation Commits $1.2B to Ending Polio
Virus still spreads in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Pakistan and Afghanistan are the only remaining countries where the polio virus is in circulation. "The last steps to eradication are by far the toughest," said Mark Suzman, CEO of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which he said is committed to a global "polio-free future."...
This Man Pushed Bezos Down
One Spot in Richest Rankings
Sep 18, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
This Man Pushed Bezos Down One Spot in Richest Rankings
Bloomberg ranks Gautam Adani as world's 2nd richest
And then he was second. NPR reports that Gautam Adani of India has grabbed the No. 2 slot on the world's richest list from Jeff Bezos. It cites Bloomberg's Billionaires Index, which this week listed both Adani and Bezos as having a net worth of $147 billion;...
Jul 13, 2022 7:40 PM CDT
Gates Plans $20B Infusion for Foundation
'The great crises of our time' require everyone to do more, co-founder says
- Bill Gates sees a multitude of problems in the world that need to be addressed, so he's setting out a plan for his foundation to tackle many of them—and kicking in $20 billion this month to fund the effort. The co-founder of Microsoft issued a statement Wednesday saying...
'Eat the Rich' With Popsicles
Shaped Like Musk, Bezos
Jul 13, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
'Eat the Rich' With Popsicles Shaped Like Musk, Bezos
MSCHF artists collective has ice cream trucks in NYC, LA with the billionaire-shaped treats
- If you're in New York City or Los Angeles on Wednesday and want to work out your angst against capitalism, there's a frozen treat waiting for you, modeled after the world's richest men. Just stop by what's being deemed a "unique art pop-up" by CBS...
May 10, 2022 7:54 PM CDT
Bill Gates Has COVID
Microsoft co-founder is experiencing mild symptoms
- Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates said Tuesday he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is experiencing mild symptoms, the AP reports. Via Twitter, the billionaire philanthropist said he will isolate until he is again healthy. “I’m fortunate to be vaccinated and boosted and have access to testing and great...
Bill Gates Speaks Out
on Affair Allegations
May 3, 2022 2:42 PM CDT
Bill Gates Speaks Out on Affair Allegations
'I caused pain,' he admits
- In an interview with the London
published Sunday, Bill Gates answered "no" when asked if he would discuss allegations of affairs during his 27-year marriage to Melinda French Gates. He opened up a little more in a
interview on Tuesday, exactly one year after the couple announced...
Meet the 10 Richest
People in the World
Apr 5, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Meet the 10 Richest People in the World
You know many of them already, including Elon Musk at No. 1, per 'Forbes' annual billionaires ranking
is trying to make us feel bad for the world's billionaires, it's not really working. The magazine notes that, collectively, this group is now worth $400 billion less than they were a year ago, thanks to the ongoing pandemic, tepid markets, and war—but 1,000...
Melinda French Gates:
Epstein Gave Me 'Nightmares'
Mar 3, 2022 10:20 AM CST
Melinda French Gates: Epstein Gave Me 'Nightmares'
Bill's ex says she hated that her husband met with the man
- Melinda French Gates' full interview with Gayle King of
aired Thursday, and it reveals more details about her divorce and her future:
French Gates said she and Bill have a "working relationship" now, but that's about it. While they are "friendly," they'
Melinda French Gates Talks for
First Time of 'Painful' Divorce
Mar 2, 2022 9:15 AM CST
Melinda French Gates Talks for First Time of 'Painful' Divorce
In first TV interview, Bill Gates' ex says she got to a point where 'I couldn't trust what we had'
- Since her split from ex Bill Gates, Melinda French Gates hasn't made herself available for a televised interview on the breakup—until now. CBS News has a clip from her sit-down with Gayle King, who got French Gates to open up about the "painful stuff" surrounding her divorce...
Bill Gates: 'Worst Part of the
Pandemic' Could Lie Ahead
Dec 22, 2021 2:56 PM CST
Bill Gates: 'Worst Part of the Pandemic' Could Lie Ahead
He says he's canceled Christmas plans because of the omicron variant
- Bill Gates says he's taking the rise of the omicron variant extremely seriously and has canceled most of his holiday plans. In a series of tweets Tuesday night, the Microsoft co-founder warned that omicron is now "spreading faster than any virus in history," CNN reports. "Just...
Nov 4, 2021 5:59 PM CDT
Gates: Some Oil Giants Won't Be Worth Much
The survivors could still play a role in energy, billionaire says
- A few of the world's big oil companies will survive the switch to clean energy, Bill Gates said Wednesday. But not all. "Some of these giants will fall, you know, 30 years from now," he said in Scotland, Axios reports, while "some of those oil companies...
Report: Execs Told Bill Gates
to Stop Sending Flirty Emails
Oct 18, 2021 5:50 PM CDT
Report: Execs Told Bill Gates to Stop Sending Flirty Emails
He was told to knock it off in 2008, per 'WSJ'
- Microsoft told Bill Gates to stop sending flirty emails to a staffer as long ago as 2008, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. Not long after Gates and his ex-wife, Melinda French Gates, split, reports started to surface of affairs and other sketchy behaviors. Now, the
reports that Microsoft’s...
It's the Next
Sep 15, 2021 4:23 PM CDT
It's the Next Pandemic That Worries Bill Gates
Equality has taken a hit in every way, foundation report shows
- Bill Gates would have thought more would have been done by now to make sure the next pandemic doesn't catch us by surprise. "The attention to pandemic preparedness is lower than I would have expected," Gates told the
Wall Street Journal
. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation...
Gates Says Meeting Epstein
Was 'Huge Mistake'
Aug 5, 2021 8:07 AM CDT
Gates Says Meeting Epstein Was 'Huge Mistake'
They spent time together years after financier was convicted of sex crimes
- Bill Gates has acknowledged that hanging out with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein was a bad move. The former Microsoft CEO told CNN 's Anderson Cooper on Wednesday that it "was a huge mistake to spend time with him, to give him the credibility of being there."...
Divorce Done, Melinda Gates
Decides on Her Name
Aug 3, 2021 1:54 AM CDT
Divorce Done, Melinda Gates Decides on Her Name
She's retaining her last name after divorcing Bill Gates
- Melinda Gates has been going by Melinda French Gates since announcing her separation from Bill Gates. Their divorce was finalized Monday, and according to marriage dissolution documents cited by
, French Gates won't be ditching her last name. She also won't be receiving spousal support from Gates, whom...
Bill, Melinda to Do 2 Years
at Foundation, Then Decide
Jul 7, 2021 12:17 PM CDT
Bill, Melinda to Do 2 Years at Foundation, Then Decide
If it's not working, Bill will essentially buy his ex-wife out
- Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates are divorcing , but they'll remain together at the helm of their foundation for at least two years—at which point there is an out. Gates Foundation CEO Mark Suzman on Wednesday put it like so: "They have agreed that if after two...
ProPublica Gets Tax Details
on the Richest of the Rich
Jun 8, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
ProPublica Gets Tax Details on the Richest of the Rich
And finds that they pay a tiny fraction of their wealth in taxes
- The richest Americans might complain about the federal government's tax bite, but an investigation by ProPublica reveals a compelling counterpoint. The very rich pay only a "tiny fraction" of their wealth in federal income taxes. And that's in stark contrast to Americans who live paycheck to paycheck,...
to Bill Gates
May 27, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Delivers Another Black Eye to Bill Gates
Investigation alleges 'culture of fear,' sexual harassment by money manager Michael Larson
- The hits keep on coming for Bill Gates, this time in the form of an investigative piece about the man who manages his money. The
New York Times
paints a damning portrait of Michael Larson, who runs Cascade Investment, aka Bill and Melinda Gates Investments. Larson's sole job is...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
Gross Details Air in Boston College Hazing Case
One of America's Best-Paid CEOs Abruptly Steps Down
Missing Toddler Found in Woods With 2 Furry Protectors
Democratic Senator Indicted on Bribery Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.