What personally identifiable information do I provide to Newser, and how does Newser use it?
- Personally identifiable information refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Newser collects only the personally identifiable information that you provide to us if you register as a registered user on the Newser Website, such as your name and e-mail address.
- Newser uses your personally identifiable information to communicate with you regarding your account or the Newser Website. These communications may include, without limitation, notices regarding material changes to the Newser Website’s policies, service updates, and service enhancements. Since these account-related communications are necessary to ensure we provide our users with the highest quality of services, our users are not permitted to opt out from receipt of these communications.
- Newser may also use personally identifiable information to e-mail you newsletters or tips about how to use the service, inform you of product updates, or notify you about our own special offers or those of our third-party partners. You may choose at any time to opt out of receiving some or all of these communications by emailing us here or by using the unsubscribe link on any e-mail message you receive.
- In order to improve and create a more customized experience, Newser associates your personally identifiable information with information about your use of the website.
What other information is collected about me on the Newser Website and by whom?
- Like most websites, Newser employs cookies to recognize you and your access privileges on the Newser Website. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store in a designated file on your computer. When you visit a site, that site can access only the information which it stored in your cookie – not information put on your computer by other web-based services.
- Newser maintains internal logs of users’ use of the Newser Website. Logs include information such as IP address, browser type and version, and computer operating system. Newser uses logs mainly for systems administration and diagnostic purposes, and to detect improper use of the site. Logs may also be used to generate aggregate, non-personally identifiable information for advertisers or other third parties.
- Cookies and web beacons allow Newser and its third-party service providers to collect and analyze aggregate information about how its website is used.
- We also allow third-party companies to collect certain information within our email newsletters. These companies may place an anonymous cookie and use a de-identified, non-human readable version of your email address for matching to other data collected from (or across) sites about you to improve the relevance of online advertising and personalization. Never is your actual email address shared with any company.
We sell advertising on our site so that we can provide our service for free. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize cookies and similar tracking technologies such as the Common ID cookie. Cookies are important devices for measuring advertising effectiveness and ensuring a robust online advertising industry.
Information about your visit, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you. The Common ID cookie stores a unique user ID in the first party domain and is accessible to our ad partners. This simple ID can be utilized to improve user matching, especially for delivering ads to iOS and MacOS browsers. Users can opt out of the Common ID tracking cookie by clicking here. Please be aware that if you opt out of allowing our web advertising partner to collect this information, you may not be able to use certain parts of the site nor have access to certain functions.
When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. If you’d like to opt out from receiving targeted advertisements from those companies that have placed an advertising cookie on your computer, mobile device, or other similar device, please click here or on the links below.
How is my personally identifiable information or site usage data used?
- We may make personally identifiable information available without your prior written or electronic consent, as required by law, court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authority.
- Newser may use other companies and persons to perform certain functions for us. These functions might include, for example, providing customer service and sending e-mail. These other companies and persons may have access to customer information (such as personally identifiable information) that is needed to perform their functions, but they are not authorized to use it for any other purposes. In addition, we may share information with other affiliated companies and joint ventures.
- We may use and/or distribute information about you and your use of the Newser Website in ways that do not identify you individually or reveal your identity.
- Demographic information provided by you may be used, among other things, to tailor your user experience at the Newser Website, distribute and show you content that we think you might be interested in, and display site content according to your preferences.
- When you use our website, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with third parties, including but not limited to our partner LiveRamp. These third parties may use our first party cookie or other technologies, including IP address, for their own use and subject to their own privacy policies, to facilitate real-time bidding in digital advertising. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. To opt out of LiveRamp’s use, please head here (https://liveramp.com/opt_out/).
How secure is my personal information?
- We are very concerned about the security of customer data. All personal information is password protected and all passwords are encrypted.
How do I opt out of targeted advertistments?
- If you'd like to opt out from receiving targeted advertisements from those companies that have placed an advertising cookie on your computer, mobile device, or other similar device, please click on the links below.
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
Common ID Cookie
Advertising Privacy Settings
FOR EU USERS ONLY: When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You may revisit or change consent-choices at any time by clicking here.
What if I have questions that are not answered here?
If you have questions, you may contact:
1395 Brickell Avenue, Suite 800
Miami, Florida 33131
Attention: General Counsel
Or, use this form.