Downing Pint of Vodka in 4 Seconds Kills Brit

He had 5.5 times the legal blood-alcohol limit
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser Staff
Posted Sep 30, 2010 3:20 AM CDT
Downing Pint of Vodka in 4 Seconds Kills Brit
Brit electricians assistant died of "misadventure" caused by alcohol poisoning.   (?lisahazen)

A British electrician's assistant was killed by booze after downing a pint of vodka in 4 seconds, an inquest was told yesterday. He also had traces of mephedrone, a then-legal substance that creates feelings of euphoria, but the coroner said alcohol alone caused the death of Richard Davies, 29, reports the BBC. His blood alcohol level was 5.5 times the maximum limit for drivers. "I did try to take the glass off him," a friend testified. "But he turned his back on me, pushed me away, and drank it all." (Read more alcohol poisoning stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.