Some of us lovingly referred to our first car variously as "the jalopy," "the tin can on wheels," or "the death trap." And some of us were right. Here, as per Autoshippers, are the most dangerous cars of all time:
- 1967-1971 Ford Pinto: Had a nasty habit of exploding even on low-speed impacts.
- 1915-1925 Briggs & Stratton Flyer: No doors, windshield, impact protection. Super cheap, and often fatal, transportation.
- 1960-1963 Chevrolet Corvair: Engine in the back let toxic fumes in the car and the steering wheel was known to fatally impale drivers. Other than that, great car.
- 1984-1988 Chevrolet Corvette: Seems hotheaded speeders migrated toward this car, which in turn killed more of them than any car in history.
- 2009 Kia Rio: Modern times aren't necessarily safer, and a high rate of the Rio's accident victims hit from behind end up in the ICU.
- 2009 Smart Fortwo: Wanna fly? Try getting hit at as little as 40mph.
For the rest of the list, click here.
(Read more automobile