Even if you're a black diamond expert, these tips from Budget Travel can make your next trip more enjoyable:
- Get in shape. Yoga is especially good for working the whole body.
- Most airlines will allow you to count a ski bag as one of your checked bags.
- Avoid dealing with tire chains: Reserve a vehicle with four-wheel drive or snow tires.
- Acclimate yourself to the climate by taking a walk or run the first day.
- Call ahead and reserve demo skis.
- Invest in proper ski socks, and apply antiperspirant before putting them on.
- Save your brain: Buy a helmet.
- Take a tour to scope out the resort and find the best runs.
- Don't take a hard run late in the day.
(Read more skiing