McCartney, Mills Can't Seal Deal

Despite earlier reports, couple fail to reach an agreement
By Sam Gale Rosen,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 18, 2008 5:35 PM CST
McCartney, Mills Can't Seal Deal
Paul McCartney leaves the High Court in London, Friday, Feb. 15, 2008. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills went to court Friday to reach a financial settlement in their acrimonious, high-stakes divorce. The High Court hearing has been called to divide up the former Beatle's fortune of as much as 825...   (Associated Press)

(Newser) – Paul McCartney and Heather Mills again failed to strike a divorce agreement today, and the judge hearing their case will announce a decision in a few weeks, opening up the possibility that the action will be heard in open court. If either side contests the judge's ruling, the case will move to the Court of Appeal, which Sir Paul wants to avoid but his ex says she is ready for.

Mills was smiling as she left court but revealed nothing to the media, the Times of London reports. Mills is representing herself and would cross-examine McCartney if the case , which weekend reports inaccurately said had been settled, proceeds that far. Reports suggest the ex-Beatle offered her $50 million, but she wanted at least twice that much. (Read more Heather Mills stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X