Pharmacist Credited With Saving Customer's Life

Mark Davey was having an allergic reaction when he rushed into a CVS
By Michael Harthorne,  Newser Staff
Posted Apr 22, 2017 1:45 PM CDT
Pharmacist Credited With Saving Customer's Life
   (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)

“I was scared," Mark Davey tells CBS Chicago. "I thought, 'This is how I go.'" The 57-year-old was eating lunch last month when his tongue started swelling up. Davey had never had an allergic reaction to food before, but he knew it was about to get worse, so he drove to a CVS pharmacy to buy Benadryl. Instead, pharmacist Bhavini Patel called paramedics and gave Davey an epinephrine shot. A responding paramedic says Patel probably saved Davey's life. The pharmacist says she's just glad she could help. Davey now carries an EpiPen with him. (Read more allergic reaction stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.