Talent Agency Drops Chris Noth

And a third accuser surfaces
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Dec 17, 2021 1:48 AM CST
Updated Dec 20, 2021 3:43 PM CST
Here's What LAPD Is Doing About Chris Noth Allegations
Actor Chris Noth poses for photographers upon arrival at the British Independent Film Awards in central London, on Dec. 2, 2018.   (Photo by Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP, File)

Update: Trouble keeps growing for actor Chris Noth of Sex and the City fame. Talent agency A3 Artists has dropped him amid allegations of sexual assault and misconduct, reports the Los Angeles Times. Last week, two women accused Noth of sexual assault in a lengthy account in the Hollywood Reporter. After the allegations emerged, actress and director Zoe Lister-Jones accused Noth of misconduct, including inappropriate comments, on the set of Law & Order, per the Mary Sue. (Our original story from Dec. 16 follows:)

While there is no investigation into the allegations of sexual assault recently leveled against Chris Noth, the Los Angeles Police Department says it is "looking into the nature of the report." One of the accusers says she was raped in LA, the other in New York, so the LAPD is looking into the report that falls in its jurisdiction. A department rep says there is no record of a report being filed in the incident, People reports; the woman says she spoke to police when she went to the hospital after the alleged assault but did not identify Noth.

Similarly, a spokesperson for NYPD tells E! there is no report on file for the other alleged incident; that accuser says she did not go to police. Noth has been married to Tara Wilson, whom he met in 2001, since 2012; they had their first child together in 2008 and their second last year, Us reports. The LA allegations are from 2004 and the NYC allegations from 2015; the NYC accuser claims Noth told her, "Marriage is a sham. Monogamy is not real." A third woman has since come forward to accuse Noth of being "sexually inappropriate" with her and other women on multiple occasions, Page Six reports.

story continues below

Noth was already in the news due to his role in the Sex and the City sequel, And Just Like That..., which premiered last week. On Thursday, following the accusations, Peloton pulled a popular ad that came out in response to Noth's role in the HBO series, the New York Times reports. "Every single sexual assault accusation must be taken seriously," the exercise equipment company says in a statement. "We were unaware of these allegations when we featured Chris Noth in our response to HBO’s reboot." Noth claims his encounters with the two women accusing him of rape were consensual. (Read more Chris Noth stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X