Last night's Super Bowl didn't just net the Saints a win, but added some names to the record books as well. At 82.1%, QB Drew Brees now has the highest Super Bowl career completion percentage. The New Orleans Times-Picayune takes a look at other new records:
- Most completions: The Saints' 32 and the Colts 31 make 63, the most ever in a Super Bowl.
- Completion percentage: The teams' combined stats average at 75%, the best of all time.
The game also tied some old records:
- Most 40-plus yard field goals: With 3, the Saint's Garrett Hartley takes the cake.
- Oldest player: The Colts' Matt Stover, 42, now holds the honor.
- Most completions: New Orleans' 32
- Most 2-point conversions: 1, for the Saints' successful attempt
- Fewest sacks, team: 0, for the Colts.
- Fewest turnovers, team: 0, for the Saints.
For more, click here
(Read more New Orleans