Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
RNC, Election Deniers
Have a Midterm Strategy
Jun 1, 2022 11:57 AM CDT
RNC, Election Deniers Have a Midterm Strategy
It reportedly involves training volunteers as poll workers, connecting them with lawyers
- As the midterms are starting to take shape, a pair of stories about 2020 election deniers who are coming together with the RNC to form an "organized cavalry" of volunteers determined to suss out and shine a light on what they believe will be Democratic wrongdoing during the 2022...
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Apr 14, 2022 7:08 PM CDT
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Party wants changes in presidential campaign events after Trump complained
- The Republican National Committee had been warning for months about no longer participating in the presidential debates organized by the commission that's held them since 1988. Spurred on by former President Donald Trump, Republicans have picked up their criticism of the Commission on Presidential Debates as biased toward Democrats,...
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own,
and a Backlash Is Growing
Feb 8, 2022 10:25 AM CST
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own, and a Backlash Is Growing
Lindsey Graham is among those accusing the RNC of looking backward instead of forward
- The Republican National Committee's decision to censure two lawmakers from its own party is not sitting well with some big-name Republicans. Coverage in multiple outlets quotes GOP members of Congress who say the strike against Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger was misguided and could potentially hurt a party...
GOP Censures Kinzinger,
Cheney for Investigating Riot
Feb 4, 2022 1:56 PM CST
GOP Censures Kinzinger, Cheney for Investigating Riot
Republican governor calls it a sad day for the party
- The two GOP members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot have been punished by their party. A resolution to censure Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger passed, without debate, on a one-sided voice vote Friday at a meeting of the Republican National Committee, the
to Drop Out
Jan 13, 2022 5:05 PM CST
GOP Moves to Drop Out of Debates
Party considers making candidates sign a pledge to stay out of commission's events
- GOP unhappiness with the commission that runs the presidential debates reached a peak Thursday, when the Republican National Committee told the nonprofit it wants its candidates to sit out the event in the future. The committee told the nonprofit in a letter that it plans to require its candidates to...
RNC to Trump: No, We
Won't Stop Using Your Name
Mar 9, 2021 3:00 AM CST
RNC to Trump: No, We Won't Stop Using Your Name
Committee responds to recent cease-and-desist letter
- The Republican National Committee's reply to former President Trump? Nope. The RNC responded to the cease-and-desist letter it received from Trump's attorneys by asserting, in its own reply letter, it has the right to use Trump's name and likeness in its fundraising appeals, and that it has...
Trump to Top GOP Fundraisers:
Stop Using My Name
Mar 7, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Trump to Top GOP Fundraisers: Stop Using My Name
Ex-prez reportedly sent a cease and desist letter to the RNC and others
- Former President Donald Trump has reportedly told the largest GOP fundraising entities to stop using his name. Per CNN , lawyers for Trump recently sent a cease and desist letter to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Congressional Committee, and the National Republican Senatorial Committee, demanding that they stop using...
RNC Says Bomb Found at HQ
Jan 6, 2021 8:39 PM CST
RNC Says Bomb Found at HQ
Group says Wednesday's events were 'domestic terrorism'
- The Republican National Committee says a pipe bomb was found at its headquarters Wednesday as rioters stormed the Capitol blocks away. The RNC said a package found next to a trash can outside the building was an "explosive device that was successfully detonated," the
Tenants: We Were Duped
Into Video for the RNC
Aug 29, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
Tenants: We Were Duped Into Video for the RNC
'I am not a Trump supporter,' says one of them
- Those New York City housing tenants who appeared during the Republican National Convention? They're back in the news and crying foul: Three of the four say they were never told the interviews would be used during the RNC, the
New York Times
reports. "I am not a Trump...
Trump's Acceptance Speech
Among the Longest Ever
Aug 28, 2020 6:28 AM CDT
Trump's Acceptance Speech Among the Longest Ever
He promises to put the first woman on the moon
- President Trump closed out the Republican National Convention Thursday night by formally accepting the Republican nomination for president, which he did from the White House—the AP calls this the first political convention ever to be held there, and CNN notes Trump's was one of the longest acceptance speeches...
Lara Trump Misquotes Lincoln,
and More From RNC Night 3
Aug 27, 2020 6:29 AM CDT
Lara Trump Misquotes Lincoln, and More From RNC Night 3
Mike Pence closes out the night promising to 'make America great again, again'
- President Trump's daughter-in-law Lara spoke Wednesday at the third night of the Republican National Convention, attributing this quote to Abraham Lincoln: "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." The problem, as the...
Trump at RNC: To Drive Them
Crazy, 'You Say 12 More Years'
Aug 24, 2020 2:53 PM CDT
Trump at RNC: To Drive Them Crazy, 'You Say 12 More Years'
President says 'I felt an obligation to come to North Carolina'
- President Trump officially became the Republican Party's nominee for president Monday—and he made an unannounced appearance at the Republican National Convention after he had secured enough votes during the roll call of states. "I felt an obligation to come to North Carolina," he told delegates in...
RNC Bans Media
Aug 2, 2020 7:11 AM CDT
RNC Bans Media From Convention
Due to the pandemic
- When Donald Trump accepts the Republican party's presidential nomination later this month, well, you won't hear it from the Fourth Estate. The Republican National Convention has banned the press from its proceedings later this month due to the pandemic, with a rep telling the
Trump Threatens to Pull
GOP Convention From NC
May 25, 2020 10:08 AM CDT
Trump Threatens to Pull GOP Convention From NC
He demands immediate answer on whether arena can be filled to capacity
- President Trump is threatening to pull the Republican National Convention out of North Carolina unless the governor can "immediately" guarantee that delegates will be allowed to fill the arena in Charlotte. Trump complained in a series of tweets Monday that Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper is still in "shutdown...
RNC Makes a Big Bet on 2018
Apr 15, 2018 6:51 AM CDT
RNC Makes a Big Bet on 2018
GOP is dropping $250M on strategy to hold House majority at all costs
- The Republican National Committee has committed $250 million to a midterm election strategy that has one goal above all: Preserve the House majority for the rest of President Trump's first term. Facing the prospect of a blue wave, the White House's political arm is devoting unprecedented resources to...
Steve Wynn Resigns
As RNC Finance Chair
Jan 27, 2018 2:59 PM CST
Steve Wynn Resigns As RNC Finance Chair
Casino mogul, Trump's 'great friend' accused of widespread sexual misconduct
- President Trump's handpicked Republican National Committee finance chair is resigning over allegations of widespread sexual misconduct, Politico reports. Billionaire Las Vegas casino owner Steve Wynn, who Trump has called "a great friend," stepped down from the position Saturday, according to NBC News . A
Wall Street Journal
Dec 10, 2017 4:11 PM CST
Sen. Collins Criticizes RNC for Backing Roy Moore
Republican senator believes Moore's views make him unfit to serve
- Maine's Republican US senator said on Sunday that Alabama politician Roy Moore was unfit to serve in the Senate even before sexual-misconduct allegations against him came to light. Sen. Susan Collins made the comments on CBS'
Face the Nation
. She called the Republican National Committee's decision to support...
Democrats Get Clobbered by
Republicans in July Fundraising
Aug 20, 2017 3:30 PM CDT
Democrats Get Clobbered by Republicans in July Fundraising
The DNC hauled in a measly $3.8M to the RNC's $10.2M
- Despite enormous grassroots momentum and a historically unpopular president, the Democratic Party is badly trailing its Republican counterpart when it comes to fundraising. On Friday the Democratic National Committee announced that it had raised just $3.8 million in July, its worst number in that month since 2007, the Hill...
Press Disinvited From
Trump 2020 Fundraiser
Jun 29, 2017 5:03 AM CDT
Press Disinvited From Trump 2020 Fundraiser
Event at Trump hotel raises $10M
- With a mere 40 months to go until the 2020 re-election, President Trump has started trying to refill the campaign coffers. Republican National Committee officials say around $10 million was raised at a Trump fundraising event at one of his own hotels Wednesday, where ticket prices started at $35,000,...
Trump Is Done With
Big GOP Fundraisers
Oct 26, 2016 3:40 AM CDT
Trump Is Done With Big GOP Fundraisers
He promised to give campaign $100M, has given $56M
- Donald Trump is done with holding big fundraisers, meaning the Republican National Committee might find itself short of cash for its get-out-the-vote operation. The
reports that Trump's final high-dollar event for the Trump Victory Committee, which splits funds between the party and the candidate, was Oct. 19,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Chinese Chef in Hot Water Over Egg Fried Rice Video
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.