Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Sandra Day O'Connor Dead at 93
Read recent news about President Donald Trump and Trump's Latest Tweets on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Court Reimposes Gag Order
in Trump's NY Fraud Trial
Nov 30, 2023 11:32 AM CST
Court Reimposes Gag Order in Trump's NY Fraud Trial
He's banned from disparaging court staff again
- Donald Trump has been consistently disparaging court personnel in his New York civil fraud case, including law clerk Allison Greenfield, since a gag order was lifted two weeks ago—but it's now back in place. A New York appeals court has reinstated the order imposed by Judge Arthur Engoron...
Is Back in the Headlines
Nov 30, 2023 11:09 AM CST
McCarthy-Trump Relationship Is Back in the Headlines
Ex-speaker told Liz Cheney he visited Mar-a-Lago in 2021 after hearing Trump was depressed
- Kevin McCarthy is suddenly the topic of a flurry of news stories, particularly regarding the ousted speaker's relationship with Donald Trump. Coverage:
In her upcoming book
Oath and Honor
, former GOP Rep. Liz Cheney says she confronted McCarthy after he famously visited Trump at Mar-a-Lago three
This Actor Will
Star as a Young
Nov 30, 2023 3:18 AM CST
This Actor Will Star as a Young Donald Trump
Film will reportedly chart the early days of Trump's rise in NYC real estate
- Sebastian Stan, who's played such notable real-life figures as Tonya Harding's husband, the Robinhood Markets CEO, and Tommy Lee, will soon be able to add Donald Trump to that list. Multiple outlets are reporting the Marvel Cinematic Universe star will be playing a young Trump in an upcoming...
Are Unhappy With
the Economy, Too
Nov 29, 2023 4:29 PM CST
Biden Democrats Are Unhappy With the Economy, Too
Analysts say other issues could be more important to voters in 2024
- Joe Biden's voters in 2020 were younger, made less money, and were as a group more racially diverse than those who voted for Donald Trump. That happens to be the US segment suffering the most from inflation and high interest rates right now, the
New York Times
Report: DA Won't Offer Plea
Deals to Trump, 2 Top Allies
Nov 28, 2023 9:09 PM CST
Report: DA Won't Offer Plea Deals to Trump, 2 Top Allies
Trump lawyer says only deal former president would consider would involve dismissal, apology
- Some of the co-defendants in the Georgia election interference case have taken plea deals but that won't be an option for the alleged kingpin of the conspiracy, sources tell the
The insiders say Fulton County prosecutors won't be offering deals to Donald Trump and at least two...
Pence: Errant Comma in Book
Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Nov 28, 2023 8:11 AM CST
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
ABC News also reports former VP nearly skipped the Jan. 6 certification process
- Mike Pence became public enemy No. 1 to supporters of then-President Trump when he certified the 2020 election results on Jan. 6, 2021. But a report from ABC News suggests the former vice president came close to skipping the proceedings altogether. Days before the certification, Pence wrote in his personal...
'All In' in Iowa,
DeSantis Will Soon
Nov 28, 2023 1:00 AM CST
'All In' in Iowa, DeSantis Will Soon Complete the 'Full Grassley'
Florida governor will soon finish touring every one of the state's 99 counties
- Ron DeSantis has been campaigning his way through Iowa's counties, nabbing Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' endorsement in the process, and he'll complete his tour of all 99 counties on December 2 with an event at the " Thunderdome ," sources tell CBS News . The feat is known as...
Court May Take
to Trump Gag Order
Nov 20, 2023 6:50 PM CST
Court May Take 'Careful Scalpel' to Trump Gag Order
Panel expressed concerns about limiting former president's speech during campaign
- A federal appeals court heard arguments Monday on the gag order in Donald Trump's federal election interference case—and while no immediate ruling was issued, the judges appeared ready to narrow the order instead of completely lifting it. The three-judge DC Circuit Court of Appeals panel expressed concerns about...
Judge Rejects Taking
Trump Off Colorado Ballot
Nov 17, 2023 6:40 PM CST
Judge Rejects Taking Trump Off Colorado Ballot
Ruling says 14th Amendment doesn't apply to the presidency
- A judge on Friday decided to keep Donald Trump on Colorado's presidential primary ballot, rejecting the argument that the US Constitution bars anyone from holding office who "engaged in insurrection." District Judge Sarah Wallace ruled that the clause does not apply to the presidential candidates, the AP...
Nov 17, 2023 12:33 PM CST
Ramaswamy Says Who He Thinks Are 'Vermin'
GOP presidential candidate echoes Trump, uses word to apply to San Francisco's homeless people
- Former President Trump's use of the word "vermin" last weekend to describe his political enemies raised a red flag , with critics calling it "straight-up Nazi talk" and a Trump rep responding by calling those critics "snowflakes." Now, another GOP presidential candidate is getting in on...
a Win Over
Nov 16, 2023 2:49 PM CST
Trump Scores a Win Over Gag Order
New York judge lifts it after former president's attorneys challenged it
- A New York appeals court judge on Thursday paused a gag order that barred Donald Trump from commenting on court staffers in his civil fraud trial. The trial judge had imposed the gag order last month and later fined Trump $15,000 for violations after the former president made a...
In 2015, Johnson Said Trump
Was Unfit to Be President
Nov 16, 2023 9:30 AM CST
In 2015, Johnson Said Trump Was Unfit to Be President
This week, House speaker is 'all in' on the former president's 2024 run, 'wholeheartedly' endorsing him
- Mike Johnson appeared on CNBC earlier this week, noting he expected former President Trump to become the GOP's nominee for 2024, endorsing him "wholeheartedly." "I was one of the closest allies that President Trump had in Congress," Johnson said. "He had a phenomenal first...
Admits Leaking Videos
Nov 16, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Lawyer for Trump Co-Defendant Admits Leaking Videos
Videos made as part of plea deals in Georgia election case revealed new details
- The release of video statements from four defendants who pleaded guilty in the Georgia election interference case led to quite an uproar, with prosecutors and defense attorneys in the case demanding to know how the videos got out, the Hill reports. Turns out the lawyer of another defendant in the...
Separation of Church, State
Nov 15, 2023 11:16 AM CST
Johnson Cites 'Misunderstanding' on Separation of Church, State
Christian conservative speaker claims religious influence on public life was meant to be protected
- The new House speaker has thrown his support behind former President Trump while aiming to correct what he claims is a "misunderstanding" about a core principle of US government. According to Mike Johnson, the Founding Fathers very much wanted faith to influence public life, despite the First Amendment prohibiting...
Trump Asks 'Biased' Judge
to Grant Mistrial in Fraud Case
Nov 15, 2023 10:55 AM CST
Trump Asks 'Biased' Judge to Grant Mistrial in Fraud Case
Judge Arthur Engoron is unlikely to side with the former president
- Seven weeks into his civil fraud case, Donald Trump is seeking a mistrial. The former president, sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, the Trump Organization, and the company's top executives on Wednesday submitted a 30-page filing in Manhattan Supreme Court that argued the conduct of presiding Judge Arthur...
Trump Mourns Late
Sister's 'Merciless' Treatment
Nov 15, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Trump Mourns Late Sister's 'Merciless' Treatment
Says Maryanne Trump Barry was treated unfairly by the media
- Former President Trump on Tuesday honored his late sister , Maryanne Trump Barry, while also bemoaning her treatment by "The Fake News, and others," who, he said, "went after her mercilessly" for years. "A truly beautiful woman, tall and elegant, with a presence like no other, she...
Georgia DA Says Trump Trial
Could Last Beyond Election
Nov 14, 2023 7:19 PM CST
Georgia DA Says Trump Trial Could Last Beyond Election
Fani Willis says her office wasn't involved in leak of videos connected to Georgia case
- Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis says former President Trump's trial for allegedly interfering in the 2020 election in Georgia will probably still be underway when the 2024 election rolls around. "I believe in that case there will be a trial. I believe the trial will take many...
Trump's Truth Social
Has Lost Millions
Nov 14, 2023 8:55 AM CST
Trump's Truth Social Has Lost Millions
Platform down more than $30M since launch
This summary has been updated with corrected figures.
Former President Trump's social media platform Truth Social has posted a loss of $31.6 million since its launch in early 2022, reports Reuters . (An earlier report with a figure of $71.3 million cited by multiple media outlets was incorrect....
Trump's Eldest Sibling,
a Former Judge, Dies at 86
Nov 13, 2023 10:39 AM CST
Trump's Eldest Sibling, a Former Judge, Dies at 86
Maryanne Trump Barry had been recorded by her niece saying unflattering things about Donald
- The eldest of Donald Trump's four siblings— Maryanne Trump Barry , a former federal judge—has died at age 86, reports ABC News . Barry, a widow, was reportedly found in her Manhattan apartment on Monday after emergency crews responded to a call about a person in cardiac arrest. Her famous...
Trump Refers to American
'Vermin,' Raises Hackles
Nov 13, 2023 9:07 AM CST
Trump Refers to American 'Vermin,' Raises Hackles
Critics accuse him of using language echoing the Nazis
- Former President Trump compared his political enemies to "vermin" over the weekend—twice—and his word choice has critics accusing him of deliberately invoking the language of the Nazis. A Trump spokesperson calls this absurd. Coverage:
"We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists,
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
NFL Star Charged With Assaulting Pregnant Girlfriend
Historic Lead Pipe Proposal Is a 'Pediatrician's Dream'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.