Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news about President Donald Trump and Trump's Latest Tweets on Newser.com
Stories 61 - 80 |
Trump Says He Didn't Know
White Nationalist He Dined With
Nov 26, 2022 7:27 AM CST
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Nick Fuentes was a guest of Kanye West
- Donald Trump has acknowledged dining with a notorious white nationalist and Holocaust denier at Mar-a-Lago—but he says Nick Fuentes was a guest of Kanye West and he didn't know who he was. "This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago," Trump said...
Nov 23, 2022 7:55 PM CST
Murkowski Beats Trump Candidate
Incumbent was the only Senate Republican on the 2022 ballot who voted guilty in impeachment trial
- Alaska Republican US Sen. Lisa Murkowski has won reelection, defeating Donald Trump-endorsed GOP rival Kelly Tshibaka. Murkowski beat Tshibaka in the Nov. 8 ranked choice election. The results were announced Wednesday, the AP reports, when elections officials tabulated the ranked choice results after neither candidate won more than 50% of...
Trump Blasts SCOTUS
Over Tax Returns Ruling
Nov 23, 2022 6:10 PM CST
Trump Blasts SCOTUS Over Tax Returns Ruling
Court is 'nothing more than a political body,' complains man who appointed 3 justices
- Former President Donald Trump picked one-third of the current Supreme Court justices, giving the nation's top court a conservative supermajority—but he doesn't sound happy with them. In posts on his Truth Social network Wednesday, Trump slammed the court for rejecting his request to block the release of...
SCOTUS: Congress Can
Have Trump's Tax Returns
Nov 22, 2022 3:05 PM CST
SCOTUS: Congress Can Have Trump's Tax Returns
Court refuses to block release of records to House committee
- The Supreme Court—without comment or noted dissent—has rejected Donald Trump's request to block the release of his tax records to the House Ways and Means Committee, ending a three-year legal fight. The release was on hold after an emergency appeal from the former president. The Tuesday order...
As Biden Turns 80, Experts
Assess Aging Issues
Nov 20, 2022 2:50 PM CST
As Biden Turns 80, Experts Assess Aging Issues
Mental declines aren't a given for people in their 80s, experts say
- The US entered unfamiliar territory Sunday, when President Biden turned 80. The milestone prompted a family brunch at the White House, CNN reports, as well as an uptick in discussion of what the milestone might mean for the president and the nation. Biden has said it's a "legitimate...
Elon Musk Allows
Trump Back on Twitter
Nov 19, 2022 8:17 PM CST
Elon Musk Allows Trump Back on Twitter
Former president's ban, instituted after Capitol riot, has been lifted
- Elon Musk reinstated Donald Trump’s account on Twitter Saturday, reversing a ban that has kept the former president off the social media site since a pro-Trump mob attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Musk made the announcement in the evening after holding a poll that asked Twitter users...
Musk Wants You to Weigh In
on Trump's Twitter Return
Nov 19, 2022 10:45 AM CST
Musk Wants You to Weigh In on Trump's Twitter Return
Owner of social media platform is conducting a user poll to see if they want ex-president back
- Earlier this month, Twitter owner Elon Musk announced that suspended accounts wouldn't be brought back online for "at least a few more weeks," and only after a "clear process" was put in place to determine who could return and who couldn't. It's not yet...
Merrick Garland Names
Special Counsel on Trump
Nov 18, 2022 1:59 PM CST
Merrick Garland Names Special Counsel on Trump
DOJ's Jack Smith will oversee inquiries into Mar-a-Lago documents, 2020 election
(Updated with new information throughout.)
A big move from Attorney General Merrick Garland on Friday: He named a special counsel to oversee the Justice Department's investigation into the presence of classified documents at former President Trump's Florida estate as well as key aspects of a separate probe...
Came From Him
Nov 18, 2022 11:30 AM CST
Bush's 9/11 Condolences Came From Him
Presidential speechwriter, 'Washington Post' columnist Michael Gerson dies at 58
- "This world He created is of moral design. Grief and tragedy and hatred are only for a time. Goodness, remembrance, and love have no end. And the Lord of life holds all who die and all who mourn." Those words spoken by then-President George W. Bush in the...
Pence: 'We Will Have Better
Choices' Than Trump
Nov 17, 2022 7:10 PM CST
Pence: 'We Will Have Better Choices' Than Trump
Former VP says voters want 'new leadership' in 2024
- Former Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday that voters are "looking for new leadership" following the disappointing midterm elections for Republicans, who are now openly debating whether his onetime boss, Donald Trump, should maintain a leading role in the party. In an interview with the AP , Pence implicitly positioned...
3 Big GOP Donors
Say No to Trump
Nov 17, 2022 11:59 AM CST
3 Big GOP Donors Say No to Trump
And Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson is 'very seriously' considering a run of his own
- Donald Trump's official entry into the 2024 race is apparently not scaring potential rivals away. Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson told CNN Thursday that he's "very seriously" exploring a run for the GOP nomination himself. "He's a known quantity now," Hutchinson said of Trump. "...
This Time, Ivanka Trump
Is Staying Out of Politics
Nov 16, 2022 7:10 PM CST
This Time, Ivanka Trump Is Staying Out of Politics
She's not getting involved in father's 2024 run
- Donald Trump i s running for president again —but this time, Ivanka Trump is not on board. Trump's eldest daughter, who introduced him before he announced his candidacy in 2015, was not present when he spoke at Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday night. In a statement minutes after Trump announced...
The Odds Are in Trump's Favor
Nov 16, 2022 4:17 PM CST
The Odds Are in Trump's Favor
FiveThirtyEight's Nathaniel Rakich breaks down why he's the favorite for GOP nomination
- "A former president hasn't sought a nonconsecutive second term or faced criminal investigation in generations, and Trump is doing both," writes Nathaniel Rakich at FiveThirtyEight . So what are The Donald's chances of winning the Republican presidential primary? Pretty good, in Rakich's view. Yes, it's...
Only 4 Other Ex-Presidents
Have Done What Trump's Doing
Nov 16, 2022 10:50 AM CST
Only 4 Other Ex-Presidents Have Done What Trump's Doing
Trump is first former commander in chief since Herbert Hoover to make another White House run
- Donald Trump isn't the first defeated ex-president to attempt another White House run, but he does join an exclusive club. Writing for Politico , Joshua Zeitz looks at previous comeback attempts, and though he finds no overarching pattern, he does find some perspective in the candidates' motivations.
Four have tried,
Big Shift on
Nov 16, 2022 9:05 AM CST
Trump Run Leads to Big Shift on Facebook
Meta memo says 'long-standing policy' on politicians mandates Trump won't be fact-checked
- Yes, former President Trump is running for the Oval Office again. And no, Facebook won't be fact-checking what he says during that campaign, and perhaps afterward, if he gets into office. CNN got its hands on a memo issued Tuesday by Meta's "news integrity partnership" team to...
DeSantis Speaks Out on
Leaves Trump's Name Out
Nov 16, 2022 12:22 AM CST
DeSantis Speaks Out on 'Underwhelming' Midterms, Leaves Trump's Name Out
Florida governor was no doubt referring to him, however
- He didn't actually mention Donald Trump by name, but Ron DeSantis offered what the
New York Times
calls a "not-so-subtle dig" at the former POTUS shortly before Trump's announcement that he will run for president again in 2024. Referring to the midterm elections, the Florida governor told...
Trump 2024 Is Official,
and Reactions Are Very Split
Nov 16, 2022 12:00 AM CST
Trump 2024 Is Official, and Reactions Are Very Split
Hannity, Graham are among those who are on board
- As expected, former President Trump announced Tuesday night that he is mounting a 2024 presidential campaign. The word "lies" could be found in multiple articles about his announcement speech, with Mark Z. Barabak at the
Los Angeles Times
referring to the "yeasty mix of hyperbole, lies and grievance"...
Trump: Yes, I'm
Nov 15, 2022 8:23 PM CST
Trump: Yes, I'm Running Again
President announces reelection campaign at Mar-a-Lago
- He's in. Former President Trump launched his 2024 reelection campaign Tuesday night during a speech at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. "In order to make America great and glorious again, I am tonight announcing my candidacy for president of the United States," Trump told his supporters. (See...
Report: GOP Governors
Meeting Applauds After
Christie Slams Trump
Nov 15, 2022 5:53 PM CST
Report: GOP Governors Meeting Applauds After Christie Slams Trump
He said midterm voters 'rejected crazy,' sources say
- With Donald Trump expected to announce a new White House bid Tuesday night, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was applauded when he criticized the former president in front of Republican governors and donors Tuesday morning, insiders say. Sources tell Axios that Christie, speaking to the annual meeting of Republican...
Trump's Suspected Motive
on Documents: 'Ego'
Nov 15, 2022 1:52 PM CST
Trump's Suspected Motive on Documents: 'Ego'
'Washington Post' reports investigators don't suspect former president planned to profit by taking papers
- Why did former President Trump allegedly filch hundreds of classified documents from the White House? According to the
—citing anonymous sources familiar with the Justice Department’s ongoing investigation—Trump was most likely motivated by "ego and intransigence," as the
puts it, and not...
Stories 61 - 80 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.