Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
3 Dead in Shooting
Blamed on Property Dispute
Nov 22, 2023 12:00 AM CST
3 Dead in Shooting Blamed on Property Dispute
Suspect captured after fleeing in Colorado, and another person is critically wounded
- A man was captured Tuesday after 25 hours on the run after police say he fatally shot three people and critically wounded a fourth in his latest property dispute with neighbors in rural Colorado, authorities said. The suspect, Hanme K. Clark, 45, was arrested by New Mexico State police near...
No One Knows Why
Dogs Are Contracting
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 AM CST
No One Knows Why Dogs Are Contracting Mystery Illness
Veterinary laboratories are looking into canine respiratory sickness popping up in multiple states
- Veterinary laboratories in several states are investigating an unusual respiratory illness in dogs and encouraging people to take basic precautions to keep their pets healthy as veterinarians try to pin down what's making the animals sick. Oregon, Colorado, and New Hampshire are among the states that have seen cases...
Hiker Missing 10 Weeks Found
Dead, His Dog Alive by His Side
Nov 14, 2023 2:30 AM CST
Hiker Missing 10 Weeks Found Dead, His Dog Alive by His Side
14-year-old Jack Russell terrier has been reunited with family
- On the evening of August 19, when hiker Rich Moore and his dog, Finney, failed to return from a hike in Colorado's San Juan Mountains, Moore was reported missing. Tragically, more than 10 weeks later, the 71-year-old's body was recently found. But, astonishingly, his 14-year-old Jack Russell terrier...
Here Are the Chubbiest
States in America
Nov 13, 2023 12:34 PM CST
Here Are the Chubbiest States in America
And the least chubbiest
- "Being overweight is becoming the new normal in America." So says WalletHub in its list of the chubbiest and slimmest states in the nation. The site took a look at obesity and overweight prevalence, health consequences, and food and fitness, and cross-referenced them across 31 health metrics. (Note:...
Rescuers Spot 'Unusual' Rock:
It Was Their Lost Hiker
Nov 13, 2023 10:25 AM CST
Rescuers Spot 'Unusual' Rock: It Was Their Lost Hiker
Colorado rescue team saves a very cold adventurer on mountain
- A hiker clad in a cotton hoodie ended up in serious trouble last week when a snowstorm swept over Colorado's Mount Princeton. However, all ended well when members of Chaffee County Search and Rescue who were tracking footprints in the snow came across "an unusual looking rock at...
Cops Say Man Killed Himself
Instead of Carrying Out Plot
Oct 31, 2023 7:00 PM CDT
Cops Say Man Killed Himself Instead of Carrying Out Plot
Colorado man found dead at amusement park was heavily armed, had multiple IEDs, sheriff's office says
- A heavily armed man killed himself rather than carry out an apparent plan to shoot up a mountaintop amusement park in Colorado, with his body discovered in a bathroom next to the words scrawled on the wall, "I am not a killer, I just wanted to get into the...
3 Tons of Coins
Oct 24, 2023 7:24 AM CDT
Judge Slams Firm's 'Symbolic Middle Finger': 3 Tons of Coins
Colorado's JMF Enterprises tried to pay $23.5K subcontractor settlement in dimes, pennies, etc.
- A Colorado welding company that was apparently upset over having to pay a settlement to a subcontractor has been stymied by a judge who called its tactics "in bad faith." CBS Colorado reports that Larimer County Judge Joseph Findley on Monday ordered JMF Enterprises to pay Fired Up...
189 Bodies Have Been Pulled
From 'Green' Funeral Home
Oct 18, 2023 6:23 AM CDT
189 Bodies Have Been Pulled From 'Green' Funeral Home
Now begins the process of identifying them for loved ones
- The remains of at least 189 people have been removed from a Colorado funeral home, up from an initial estimate of about 115 when the decaying and improperly stored bodies were discovered two weeks ago, officials said Tuesday, per the AP . The remains were found by authorities responding to a...
This Item in
Filing Is Raising
Oct 16, 2023 7:23 AM CDT
This Item in Boebert's FEC Filing Is Raising Eyebrows
Politico: GOP congresswoman's campaign forked over few hundred at 'Beetlejuice' date's Aspen bar
- The headlines over Lauren Boebert's
date last month have mostly died down, but a new one popped up over the weekend tied to the GOP congresswoman's companion that night. Politico reported Sunday that, according to a recent filing with the Federal Election Commision, Boebert's campaign laid...
Cops: 115 Decaying Bodies
Found in 'Green' Funeral Home
Oct 7, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
Cops: 115 Decaying Bodies Found in 'Green' Funeral Home
The owner tried to claim he was conducting taxidermy at the Colorado facility, authorities say
- The awful smell seeped from a neglected building in a small Colorado town for days, followed by a report that made police take a closer look at the "green" funeral operator's storage facility. Inside, they made a gruesome discovery: at least 115 decaying bodies, per the AP . Investigators...
Sheriff: Scene Inside 'Green'
Funeral Home Was 'Horrific'
Oct 6, 2023 12:00 PM CDT
Sheriff: Scene Inside 'Green' Funeral Home Was 'Horrific'
115 bodies found at Colorado facility under investigation for improperly storing remains
- Police said Friday they have found at least 115 bodies at a Colorado "green" funeral home under investigation for improper handling of remains. Fremont County Sheriff Allen Cooper, who described the scene as "horrific," said they are coordinating with other agencies to determine if there is any...
Colorado Court Takes On
Baker's Trans Cake Controversy
Oct 3, 2023 2:01 PM CDT
Colorado Court Takes On Baker's Trans Cake Controversy
Jack Phillips is again embroiled in a legal fight over LGBTQ issues
- On the heels of a US Supreme Court victory this summer for a graphic artist who didn't want to design wedding websites for same-sex couples, Colorado's highest court said Tuesday it will now hear the case of a Christian baker who refused to make a cake celebrating a...
Multiple People Now 'on the
Radar' in JonBenet Case
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 30, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Cops in Colorado say they're looking into 'new persons of interest' in 1996 murder of 6-year-old
- It's been 27 years since 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered over the Christmas holiday in her Colorado home, with most of the leads on who killed her having gone cold over time. Now, however, Boulder police suggest they may be making advances on that front. "There are...
Body of Colorado Woman
Missing Since 2020 Found
Sep 28, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Body of Colorado Woman Missing Since 2020 Found
Charges against Suzanne Morphew's husband were dropped last year
- Searchers have found the remains of a woman who was reported missing on Mother's Day in 2020 after she did not return from a bike ride near her home in the Salida area in southern Colorado. Agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation found the remains of Suzanne Morphew,...
Locals Warned of Aggressive
Moose After Colorado Attack
Sep 21, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Locals Warned of Aggressive Moose After Colorado Attack
Cow moose charged woman, dog
- A moose remains at large after it attacked a woman and her dog in Colorado's Boulder County Wednesday morning, officials say. The woman was walking her dog on South Saint Vrain Trail when the cow moose charged them, KDVR reports. It headbutted and stomped the woman multiple times, but...
Colorado Peak Gets a
Meaningful Name Change
Sep 18, 2023 2:05 AM CDT
Colorado Peak Gets a Meaningful Name Change
Mount Evans is now Mount Blue Sky
- Federal officials on Friday renamed a towering mountain southwest of Denver as part of a national effort to address the history of oppression and violence against Native Americans. The US Board on Geographic Names voted overwhelmingly to change Mount Evans to Mount Blue Sky at the request of the Cheyenne...
Boebert's Theater Snafu Just
Got a Bit More Salacious
Sep 16, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Boebert's Theater Snafu Just Got a Bit More Salacious
New footage shows congresswoman, companion groping each other; Boebert issues apology
- After Lauren Boebert was kicked out of a Denver theater last weekend for "causing a disturbance" during a performance of
, new details are now out over exactly what kind of disturbance it was. It had already been publicized that complaints were logged over Boebert reportedly singing, vaping (which...
Show a Little
Sep 13, 2023 7:27 AM CDT
Show a Little Too Much
Republican congresswoman was escorted out of Denver performance for 'causing a disturbance'
- Saying "Beetlejuice!" three times might summon the mischievous ghost, but singing, vaping, and recording the musical about him won't do anything but get you kicked out of the performance. That's what officials with Denver Arts & Venues are accusing GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert of doing during...
Denver Zoo's Tilting
Angelfish Gets a CT Scan
Sep 5, 2023 10:30 AM CDT
Denver Zoo's Tilting Angelfish Gets a CT Scan
Turns out to be too much gas; jokes about critter having better health insurance than most ensue
- A fancy-looking French angelfish that was found one day with a funny float has its buoyancy back after taking some time from its tropical trappings to get a CT scan at the Denver Zoo. A zoo worker recently noticed the blue-and-yellow fish was swimming with a tilt, prompting a visit...
Leads to Fiery
Crash in Colorado
Sep 4, 2023 2:15 AM CDT
Attempted Highway Robbery Leads to Fiery Crash in Colorado
Authorities originally blamed a road rage shooting
- A fiery crash that left eight people injured outside Fort Collins, Colorado, last week may have been caused by an attempted highway robbery, police say. The Larimer County Sheriff's Office had initially said a road rage shooting might have preceded the crash, but amended their hypothesis after "additional...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.