Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Mall Evacuated After
Suspicious Toilet Found
Aug 25, 2023 6:45 AM CDT
Mall Evacuated After Suspicious Toilet Found
Note left with painted toilet outside California mall claimed it was a bomb
- A person was taken into custody in Glendale, California, on Thursday night after a suspicious toilet triggered an evacuation of the Americana mall. The Glendale Police Department says the toilet, painted with numerous designs and symbols, was left outside the mall's movie theater with a note claiming it was...
Guy Missed Flight, Called in
a Bomb Threat: Cops
May 5, 2023 7:24 AM CDT
Guy Missed Flight, Called in a Bomb Threat: Cops
JetBlue aircraft eventually landed, was evacuated at LAX
- Passengers on a flight out of Las Vegas didn't have the most normal of arrivals on Thursday afternoon after touching down at Los Angeles International Airport. A JetBlue plane that landed around 2pm local time was kept isolated on the tarmac for upward of an hour, police and firefighters...
Patti LaBelle Ushered Off
Stage After Threat
Dec 11, 2022 6:15 AM CST
Patti LaBelle Ushered Off Stage After Threat
Milwaukee venue is evacuated, but no explosive device was found
- A scary moment in Milwaukee brought an abrupt end to a Patti Labelle concert Saturday night. Security staffers whisked the singer off the stage at Riverside Theater after a bomb threat, reports the
New York Post
. LaBelle herself was among those confused amid the chaos, calling out, "Wait!"...
Lawmaker Who Clashed With
Greene Gets Bomb Threat
Dec 7, 2022 1:39 PM CST
Lawmaker Who Clashed With Greene Gets Bomb Threat
Conservative called Scott Wiener a 'communist groomer'
- A California state senator who has clashed with conservatives including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Charlie Kirk had his home searched for bombs Tuesday after a threat was sent to the
San Francisco Standard
and other outlets. The email, which had the subject line "Scott Wiener will die today,...
Was a Staffer's Hoax
Oct 4, 2022 11:47 AM CDT
FBI: 'Bomb' at Northeastern Was a Staffer's Hoax
Jason Duhaime, 45, of Texas has been arrested and charged
- Reports that an explosion last month at Northeastern University may have been staged are correct, according to the FBI. NBC News reports the law enforcement agency announced Tuesday that Jason Duhaime of Texas, who claimed he'd been injured in the Sept. 13 incident, has been arrested and charged with...
R. Kelly's Manager Convicted
of Phoning in Threat to Theater
Jul 22, 2022 5:10 PM CDT
R. Kelly's Manager Convicted of Phoning in Threat to Theater
Donnell Russell was accused of attempting to protect singer with unusual strategy
: Donnell Russell, the manager of convicted singer R. Kelly, was found guilty Friday of making a threat by phone to prevent the showing of a film about his client. A jury convicted Russell of threatening physical harm through interstate communication, the AP reports. He was cleared on a conspiracy...
DC Police Arrest Teen
After Threats to Schools
Feb 10, 2022 12:18 PM CST
DC Police Arrest Teen After Threats to Schools
Police say 16-year-old may be responsible for one that forced Doug Emhoff out of a school
- Police in DC say they've got their man—or boy—in a series of bomb threats that disrupted classes at several high schools this week. Authorities have charged a 16-year-old with calling in threats to multiple schools in the District, reports DCist . Eight high schools received threats Wednesday afternoon,...
FBI Says HBCU Threat
Investigation Is of the
Feb 2, 2022 5:45 PM CST
FBI Says HBCU Threat Investigation Is of the 'Highest Priority'
Source says agency has identified six 'tech savvy' juveniles as persons of interest
- The FBI says its Joint Terrorism Task Force is investigating bomb threats to historically Black colleges and universities as hate crimes—and the matter is of the highest priority. Almost 20 institutions across the country received threats Monday and Tuesday, causing some to lock down their campus. A law enforcement...
More Than a Dozen HBCUs
Receive Bomb Threats
Feb 1, 2022 3:39 PM CST
More Than a Dozen HBCUs Receive Bomb Threats
Black colleges and universities targeted as Black History Month begins
The first day of Black History Month resulted in more threats against historically Black colleges and universities. CNN reports that at least 13 such HCBUs across the US reported bomb threats on Tuesday, including Howard University in DC. Similar threats were reported Monday and last month. Authorities have not...
Made Bomb Threats to
Get Boyfriend Off Work
Sep 27, 2021 4:17 PM CDT
Woman Allegedly Made Bomb Threats to Get Boyfriend Off Work
Police say Kayla Blake told them she wanted to spend more time with him
- A Maine woman who wanted to spend more time with her boyfriend came up with an incredibly stupid plan to get him off work, police say. Kayla Blake, 33, allegedly called in two bomb threats to her beau's workplace, the Portland
reports. Officials say the threats to...
Cops: After Missing Flight,
Woman Made Bomb Threat
Sep 9, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
Cops: After Missing Flight, Woman Made Bomb Threat
Relatives say Marina Verbitsky was worried about her son missing school
- Relatives say Chicago woman Marina Verbitsky was worried about her son missing school when she was told she'd missed her flight home from Florida. Her actions at the boarding gate could put her behind bars until after he graduates. Police say the 46-year-old swore at JetBlue employees at Fort...
Woman Gets Jail After 'Twisted'
COVID Stunt in Supermarket
Aug 25, 2021 1:15 PM CDT
Woman Gets Jail After 'Twisted' COVID Stunt in Supermarket
Margaret Ann Cirko gets 1 to 2 years for claiming she had virus, coughing on food
- A Pennsylvania woman who pleaded guilty to coughing and spitting on food at a supermarket in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic was sentenced Tuesday to at least a year in jail, per the AP . Margaret Ann Cirko, 37, pleaded guilty in June to a felony count of making...
Bomb Threat Suspect Tells
Judge He's Off His Meds
Aug 20, 2021 5:10 PM CDT
Bomb Threat Suspect Tells Judge He's Off His Meds
Mental exam is ordered for Floyd Ray Roseberry
- A man who claimed he had a bomb in a pickup truck near the US Capitol, prompting evacuations and an hourslong standoff with police, told a federal judge Friday he has not taken his "mind medication" and was ordered to undergo a mental competency hearing. Floyd Ray Roseberry appeared...
Details Emerge About Man
Arrested in DC Bomb Threat
Aug 20, 2021 12:41 AM CDT
Details Emerge About Man Arrested in DC Bomb Threat
Wife says he has mental health issues, was upset with results of presidential election
- Details are coming out about the man arrested in Washington, DC, Thursday after a bomb threat resulted in a five-hour-long standoff and caused buildings around the US Capitol to be evacuated. Suspect Floyd Ray Roseberry, 49, of North Carolina, "was dealing with" some issues, among them the recent deaths...
Man Claiming to Have Bomb
Near Capitol Surrenders
Aug 19, 2021 1:54 PM CDT
Man Claiming to Have Bomb Near Capitol Surrenders
Floyd Ray Roseberry is taken into custody after standoff
- A man who claimed to have bomb in a pickup truck near the US Capitol has surrendered to law enforcement, ending an hourslong standoff on Thursday, per the AP . The man, identified by law enforcement officials as Floyd Ray Roseberry, 49, of North Carolina, crawled out of the vehicle and...
Lawyer: Passenger 'Said the
Magic Words You Do Not Say'
Jul 13, 2021 6:39 AM CDT
Lawyer: Passenger 'Said the Magic Words You Do Not Say'
Wegal Rosen, 74, arrested after bomb scare at Fort Lauderdale airport
- A Canadian who lives part time in Florida never completed his trip to Ontario over the weekend after an incident that caused chaos at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Per a police report and release cited by the
, Wegal Rosen, 74, became miffed on Saturday when he was told...
Shut in Portland
Aug 21, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Federal Buildings Shut in Portland After Threat
FBI is investigating after protesters turn to ICE offices
- At least two federal buildings in Portland have been closed and the FBI is investigating a car bomb threat, officials said Friday. The threat, which was received Thursday, warned of the intention to use a car bomb to target federal property in Portland, two law enforcement officials said. A number...
in 'Contagion of Hate'
Feb 23, 2020 4:00 PM CST
JCCs Threatened in 'Contagion of Hate'
New York state grapples with latest example of anti-Semitism
- New York state is reeling Sunday after bomb threats were made against 18 Jewish community centers,
reports. Over 100 people were evacuated from Albany's JCC as police officers swept the building with K-9 teams, but found no bomb. Michael Kopy, the state's director of emergency management,...
The Jazz Beat
Found a Shoebox
Nov 23, 2019 6:00 AM CST
The Jazz Beat the Warriors. Then Someone Found a Shoebox
Salt Lake City's Vivint Smart Home Arena evacuated after 'suspicious' package found
- The Utah Jazz beat the Golden State Warriors Friday night 113-109, but unexpected excitement came after the last ball had been thrown. Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City was evacuated just minutes after the NBA game had ended, Fox News reports. The cause of the clear-out: Salt Lake...
Churchgoers Tackle Woman
They Say Made Bomb Threat
Apr 22, 2019 11:44 AM CDT
Churchgoers Tackle Woman They Say Made Bomb Threat
Suspect holding baby allegedly threatened to blow up San Diego church, waved handgun around
- Places of worship around the world were on high alert Easter after apparently coordinated attacks killed nearly 300 in churches and hotels in Sri Lanka over the weekend, which may be why congregants at a San Diego church were willing to jump a woman they say arrived with a baby...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.