Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Bills Player on Shoving
Fan: 'Emotions Boiled Over'
Nov 28, 2023 8:31 AM CST
Bills Player on Shoving Fan: 'Emotions Boiled Over'
Pass rusher Shaq Lawson offers apology after scuffle with fan he says taunted players' families
- Buffalo Bills pass rusher Shaq Lawson apologized Monday for shoving a Philadelphia Eagles fan behind the team's bench after alleging the person was making threatening remarks about players and their families. Lawson posted his apology on his Instagram account a day after a video showed him and five defensive...
After Scary Deja Vu Moment
in Buffalo, Good News
Oct 16, 2023 11:04 AM CDT
After Scary Deja Vu Moment in Buffalo, Good News
Damien Harris of the Bills has full movement after being taken off the field in ambulance
- For NFL fans—and Buffalo Bills fans in particular—Sunday night's game brought an unwelcome feeling of deja vu. Bills running back Damien Harris lay on the field for several minutes after a hit and had to be taken away in an ambulance, reports the AP . That ambulance happened...
NFL Team Execs Fired
Over Romantic Relationship
Oct 13, 2023 8:19 AM CDT
NFL Team Execs Fired Over Romantic Relationship
John Roth and Kathryn D'Angelo are out of jobs with the Buffalo Bills
- The newly appointed chief operating officer of the NFL's Buffalo Bills and the NHL's Buffalo Sabres was fired this week along with the Bills' general counsel because the two were in a romantic relationship. In a joint telephone interview with the AP , ousted COO John Roth and ousted...
Aaron Rodgers Is Done
for the Season With Injury
Sep 12, 2023 10:44 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Is Done for the Season With Injury
QB, newly traded to the New York Jets, has a torn Achilles tendon
- The New York Jets didn't get the miracle they were hoping for on Tuesday. An MRI has confirmed that quarterback Aaron Rodgers does indeed have a torn Achilles tendon and will require season-ending surgery, reports the
New York Post
and ESPN . Rodgers was injured on his fourth play from...
Bills Player Who Collapsed
Set for Saturday's Game
Aug 12, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
Bills Player Who Collapsed Set for Saturday's Game
Buffalo's Damar Hamlin to play in season opener, his first competition since his January cardiac arrest
- Damar Hamlin has reached another major milestone in his return to football. The Bills safety was scheduled to suit up and play in Buffalo's preseason opener against the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday, per the AP . The game will mark the first time Hamlin has appeared in a competitive setting...
It's an Emotional Reunion
for Damar Hamlin
Jul 13, 2023 8:27 AM CDT
It's an Emotional Reunion for Damar Hamlin
At ESPYs, Bills safety honors staff who saved his life during cardiac arrest
- Gearing up for his return to NFL play this fall, Damar Hamlin took a moment Wednesday to honor those who saved his life when he suffered a rare cardiac arrest triggered by a hit to the chest during a Monday Night Football game in January. Appearing on stage at the...
Damar Hamlin Cleared
to Play Football Again
Apr 18, 2023 11:21 AM CDT
Damar Hamlin Cleared to Play Football Again
Buffalo Bills player nearly died on the field in January when his heart stopped
- The NFL's Damar Hamlin nearly died on the field in January when his heart stopped after a hit. In news that would have seemed impossible at the time, the Buffalo Bills said Tuesday that Hamlin has been medically cleared to play football again, reports Yahoo Sports . "He is...
After 9 Days,
Is Going Home
Jan 11, 2023 11:55 AM CST
After 9 Days, Damar Hamlin Is Going Home
He's been discharged from Buffalo hospital
- Another big step forward for Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin: He has been discharged from a Buffalo hospital nine days after he went into cardiac arrest during a game in Cincinnati,
y reports. On Monday, the 24-year-old was transferred to Buffalo General Medical Center from the University of...
Bills Honor Hamlin,
Then Open With TD
Jan 8, 2023 3:40 PM CST
Bills Honor Hamlin, Then Open With TD
Teammate runs back kickoff for a touchdown, later does it again
- The Buffalo Bills honored injured teammate Damar Hamlin before their game against the New England Patriots on Sunday, but that was just the beginning of it. Moments later, Buffalo's Nyheim Hines took the opening kickoff and ran 96 yards as he's never run before, speeding straight ahead, then...
Jan 8, 2023 5:30 AM CST
In First Comments, Damar Hamlin Says Thanks
Buffalo Bills players tweets from the hospital, where he continues to recover
- As his recovery continues, the NFL's Damar Hamlin made his first public comments Saturday in the wake of his life-threatening injury . “Putting love into the world comes back 3xs as much," reads a tweet from the 24-year-old's account. The message added that Hamlin was "thankful...
Hit May Have
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 7, 2023 12:10 PM CST
Incredibly Rare Hit May Have Felled Bills Player
'It's almost like getting struck by lightning,' doctor says of heart condition that can be set off by impact
- Serious injuries in the NFL these days often involve the head . But in the case of Monday night's shocking injury to Damar Hamlin of the Buffalo Bills, it involved the heart. The 24-year-old suffered cardiac arrest and required CPR and the use of a defibrillator on the field. He...
Damar Hamlin Surprises
Team With FaceTime Call
Jan 6, 2023 12:49 PM CST
Damar Hamlin Surprises Team With FaceTime Call
'Love you boys,' he said in exchange with rest of the Buffalo Bills on Friday
- Damar Hamlin is now breathing on his own , without help from a ventilator. Now, what the
frames as "another huge step" out of Cincinnati, where the Buffalo Bills player has been hospitalized since Monday night, when he suffered cardiac arrest and collapsed while playing against the Bengals...
After Hamlin Collapsed,
Radio Calls Got Intense
Jan 6, 2023 11:32 AM CST
After Hamlin Collapsed, Radio Calls Got Intense
Emergency recordings lend insight into grave scene on the field
- As Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin continues to heal following his collapse during an NFL game Monday night after suffering from a cardiac arrest, recordings have been released of the red-alert emergency response on the field at Cincinnati's Paycor Stadium. "I don't like how he went down"...
Damar Hamlin Is Now
Breathing on His Own
Jan 6, 2023 9:34 AM CST
Damar Hamlin Is Now Breathing on His Own
Buffalo Bills player's 'remarkable' recovery continues
- After Thursday's good news on Damar Hamlin , more has followed on Friday: The NFL player is now breathing on his own and able to talk, according to the Buffalo Bills and Hamlin's agent. The team tweeted that the 24-year-old's breathing tube was removed overnight as he "...
NFL Makes 'Difficult, but
Necessary, Decision' on Game
Jan 6, 2023 7:26 AM CST
NFL Makes 'Difficult, but Necessary, Decision' on Game
Meanwhile, Hamlin has reached a recovery 'turning point'
- When Damar Hamlin woke up Wednesday evening after two days of sedation, the first words he wrote down to a nurse were: "Who won the game?" The 24-year-old Buffalo Bills safety was referring to the matchup Monday night between his team and the Cincinnati Bengals where he'd collapsed...
After Damar Hamlin
Employee May Have
Saved His Life
Jan 6, 2023 1:38 AM CST
After Damar Hamlin Collapsed, This Employee May Have Saved His Life
Denny Kellington is said to have taken critical action
- After Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field Monday night, an assistant athletic trainer for the Buffalo Bills rushed to his side: Denny Kellington, who quickly got to work performing CPR and is now being hailed as a "hero." Writes sports journalist Albert Breer in a tweet cited by...
Jan 5, 2023 2:55 PM CST
Damar Hamlin's First Question: Who Won the Game?
Doctors say he asked it in writing upon waking up
- When the NFL's Damar Hamlin woke Wednesday night from two days of sedation, doctors say he asked a fitting question in writing: Who won the game? Dr. William Knight IV of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine says he responded, "Damar, you've won. You've won...
Damar Hamlin Showing
Jan 5, 2023 10:29 AM CST
Damar Hamlin Showing 'Remarkable Improvement'
Buffalo Bills say he appears to be 'neurologically intact'
- The news on Damar Hamlin had a decidedly optimistic bent on Thursday. The Buffalo Bills cited "remarkable improvement" in an update from a Cincinnati hospital, where the 24-year-old spent the last two days sedated after suffering cardiac arrest during a game on Monday night. (He even asked in writing...
He Died on NFL
Field in 1971.
His Widow Speaks
Jan 4, 2023 12:26 PM CST
He Died on NFL Field in 1971. His Widow Speaks on Hamlin
'I was very emotional' about Bills player, says Sharon Hughes, wife of Chuck Hughes
- Emotions ran high Monday night in Cincinnati after Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed on the field during a game against the Bengals, receiving CPR before being rushed to a local hospital. One person watching at home was especially distraught: Sharon Hughes, the widow of...
'While You Pray for Damar
Say One for Tee Higgins, Too'
Jan 3, 2023 9:20 AM CST
'While You Pray for Damar Say One for Tee Higgins, Too'
Messages of support come pouring in for Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver who hit Bills' safety Hamlin
- Prayers are pouring in from across the country for the Buffalo Bills' Damar Hamlin, but also for the man who tackled him immediately before his heart stopped. The Cincinnati Bengals' Tee Higgins was seen leaving Paycor Stadium with his arm wrapped around his mother after Hamlin was taken to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cause of Death Released for Former Child Star
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.