Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Iowa Woman Convicted
of Trying Too Hard to
Get Husband Elected
Nov 22, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Iowa Woman Convicted of Trying Too Hard to Get Husband Elected
Kim Taylor faces up to 5 years behind bars on each charge
- The wife of an Iowa county supervisor was convicted Tuesday of a ballot-stuffing scheme meant to help her husband win a congressional race. Kim Taylor, who is from Vietnam and who filled out ballots on behalf of Iowa voters of Vietnamese heritage with limited English comprehension, was found guilty of...
Her Voter Fraud Conviction
Caused Uproar. Now, She Sues
Oct 26, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Her Voter Fraud Conviction Caused Uproar. Now, She Sues
Pamela Moses accuses Tennessee, DA's office of wrongful conviction, humiliation
- A Tennessee activist who received a six-year prison sentence for trying to register to vote while on felony probation is believed to be the first person to sue prosecutors after her case was thrown out, per the
. Pamela Moses, convicted of illegal voter registration in November, was incarcerated for...
GOP Elections Commissioner
Charged With Election Fraud
Sep 14, 2022 4:13 PM CDT
GOP Elections Commissioner Charged With Election Fraud
NY's Jason Schofield allegedly filled out, or had others fill out, ballots in other people's names
- A local elections official in New York was arrested Tuesday by the FBI, accused in a ballot scheme that allowed him or others to cast votes in other's names. On at least five occasions between May and October 2021—a period in which voters could request absentee ballots online...
of Voter Fraud
Jun 11, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
Pence's Legal Team Rebuffed Trump's Claims of Voter Fraud
According to Jan. 1, 2021, memo from former VP's legal team obtained by Politico
- Relations have seemed, well, strained between former President Donald Trump and Mike Pence, who served as his vice president, ever since Pence refused to go along with Trump's plan to block the certification of the 2020 election results on Jan. 6, 2021. Now, perhaps some more context behind that...
3 Republicans in Florida
Accused of Voter Fraud
Dec 14, 2021 3:27 PM CST
3 Republicans in Florida Accused of Voter Fraud
Authorities say retirees cast ballots in more than one state
- Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick might have to cough up another voter fraud bounty : Three residents of a retirement community in central Florida have been arrested for allegedly voting more than once in the 2020 election,
reports. Jay Ketcik, Joan Halstead, and John Rider are each accused of...
Earns Voter Fraud Bounty
Oct 21, 2021 5:35 PM CDT
Republican's Conviction Earns Voter Fraud Bounty
Fund set up to back Trump claims pays in Pennsylvania case
- This might not be quite how Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick imagined his voter fraud tip line would work. With former President Donald Trump rejecting the results of the 2020 presidential elections, Patrick announced last November that he'd set up a $1 million fund to reward tipsters who reported...
Homeland Security Warns of
Threat from Trump Conspiracy
Aug 7, 2021 11:03 AM CDT
Homeland Security Warns of Threat from Trump Conspiracy
DHS cites online chatter, says threat is modest
- The Department of Homeland Security is raising the alarm. There’s a growing trend of calls for violence from conspiracy theorists who want former president Donald Trump reinstated, the agency said in a bulletin sent to state and local authorities. The Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol, an event...
Texas Man Who Waited Hours
to Vote Arrested For Voting
Jul 11, 2021 2:26 PM CDT
Texas Man Who Waited Hours to Vote Arrested For Voting
Hervis Rogers says he did not know he couldn't vote while on parole
- A Texas man waited in line for six hours to do his civic duty—the last one to vote in the 2020 presidential primary at his polling station. A photo of him with his hard-won “I voted” sticker went viral. Then he got arrested, Houston Public Media reports. Hervis...
Suspect in Wife's
in Her Name
May 14, 2021 2:14 PM CDT
Suspect in Wife's Death Cast Fake Ballot in Her Name
Barry Morphew told investigators he was sure she would have voted for Trump
- A Colorado man suspected in the death of his wife , who disappeared on Mother's Day 2020, is also accused of submitting a fraudulent vote on her behalf for Donald Trump in November's presidential election, newly released court documents show. Barry Morphew told investigators he mailed the ballot on...
His Mom Voted for Trump.
She Died in 2008.
May 4, 2021 8:44 AM CDT
His Mom Voted for Trump. She Died in 2008.
Pa. man gets 5 years of probation for unlawful voting for casting absentee ballot for dead mother
- Elizabeth Bartman voted for President Trump in the 2020 election, but there was one problem: She'd been dead since 2008. Now, her son has been sentenced to five years of probation after he confessed to securing an absentee ballot in his mom's name and casting it. The
'Lies Have Consequences':
Dominion Sues Fox News
Mar 26, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
'Lies Have Consequences': Dominion Sues Fox News
Company says network knowingly spreads lies to boost its business
- Dominion Voting has already sued Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani , pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell , and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell for allegedly touting lies about election fraud. Now, it's suing the network on which they appeared. Dominion on Friday filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox...
Investigated for Voter Fraud
Feb 3, 2021 6:33 AM CST
Pro-Trump Lawyer Investigated for Voter Fraud
Lin Wood, who voted in Georgia, said he's been living in SC for 'months'
- A pro-Trump lawyer who vehemently defended the former president's claims of election fraud is under investigation for possible voter fraud in Georgia. The office of Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger says it's investigating Lin Wood, who was based in Atlanta, after he told a reporter he'd been...
'To Show His Support,'
Trump Fan Cast Illegal Ballot
Dec 22, 2020 7:37 AM CST
'To Show His Support,' Trump Fan Cast Illegal Ballot
Bruce Bartman, 70, charged with voting as dead mother in Pennsylvania
- A Pennsylvania supporter of President Trump has been charged with perjury and unlawful voting after allegedly casting a vote for his dead mother. Prosecutors say Bruce Bartman actually registered two dead women to vote as Republicans in Nether Providence Township in advance of the presidential election: his mother Elizabeth Bartman,...
Ex-Cop Pulls Gun
in Hunt for 'Fake
Dec 16, 2020 5:24 PM CST
Ex-Cop Pulls Gun in Hunt for 'Fake Ballots': Report
Mark Anthony Aguirre is facing up to 20 years in prison
- An ex-police captain was charged Tuesday after allegedly stopping a man at gunpoint in Texas and accusing him of voter fraud, CNN reports. Prosecutors say Mark Anthony Aguirre, 63, was even paid over $260,000 for his work. "He crossed the line from dirty politics to commission of a...
Sorry for Falsely
Nov 16, 2020 3:33 AM CST
Tucker Carlson Sorry for Falsely Claiming Dead Man Voted
It was actually the man's wife, who is still alive, Fox News host admits
- Make no mistake: Tucker Carlson still believes that a lot of ballots belonging to dead voters were cast in the 2020 election. But for at least one dead voter, the Fox News host admitted he got it wrong. "We've got some good news tonight, and an apology. One...
Trumpers File 15
Suits in One State Alone
Nov 11, 2020 5:17 PM CST
Trumpers File 15 Suits in One State Alone
'Accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step'
- During a Pennsylvania court hearing this week on one of the many election lawsuits brought by President Trump, a judge asked a campaign lawyer whether he had found any signs of fraud from among the 592 ballots challenged, the AP reports. The answer was no. "Accusing people of fraud...
Sources: USPS Worker
Admits Making Up
Election Fraud Allegations
Nov 11, 2020 1:08 AM CST
Sources: USPS Worker Admits Making Up Election Fraud Allegations
But he denies that in his own update on the case
- The United States Postal Service worker who claimed a postmaster in Erie, Pa., told employees to backdate ballots that were mailed after Election Day has admitted he made up the allegations, sources tell the
. The claim, which has been cited by top Republicans including Lindsey Graham as evidence...
Barr's Memo to Prosecutors on
Election Fraud Is Controversial
Nov 10, 2020 6:52 AM CST
Barr's Memo to Prosecutors on Election Fraud Is Controversial
He tells DOJ to go ahead and probe election fraud claims
- Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors across the US to pursue “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities, if they exist, before the 2020 presidential election is certified, despite no evidence of widespread fraud. Barr’s action comes days after Joe Biden defeated President Trump and raises the prospect...
The AP Finds 'Real Reason'
for Voter-Fraud Allegations
Nov 8, 2020 5:00 PM CST
The AP Finds 'Real Reason' for Voter-Fraud Allegations
Proof isn't really the point, they say
- The Trump campaign's strategy to file a barrage of lawsuits challenging Joe Biden's win is more about providing President Trump with an off-ramp for a loss he can’t quite grasp and less about changing the election’s outcome, according to senior officials, campaign aides and allies who...
Oct 31, 2020 2:00 PM CDT
Obama Targets Trump's Version of Masculinity
Joe Biden and President Trump also hit the campaign trail
- Barack Obama blasted President Trump as egotistical and incompetent during a campaign event in Flint, Michigan, the AP reports. The former president spoke Saturday at a drive-in rally at his first joint campaign event with Joe Biden. Obama told the crowd that Trump "cares about feeding his ego" while...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Another of Italy's 'Leaning' Towers May Be in Trouble
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
First a 7.6 Magnitude Quake, Now a Tsunami Warning
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.