Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Between Twitter, Apple
Dec 1, 2022 12:03 AM CST
Everything's Apparently Cool Between Twitter, Apple
Elon Musk tweets that 'misunderstanding' has been 'resolved'
- The Twitter-Apple war is over before it began. Elon Musk had on Monday started a feud with Apple because, he said, Apple was threatening to remove the Twitter app from its App Store, but on Wednesday, Musk tweeted that he had a "good conversation" with Apple CEO Tim Cook...
Apple to Adopt
Oct 26, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
'No Choice': Apple to Adopt USB-C Chargers
Greg Joswiak confirms company will comply with new laws, despite its opposition
- Apple has "no choice" but to begin making iPhones with a USB-C port, rather than one to fit its Lightning cables, an official has confirmed. Greg Joswiak, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing, tells the
Wall Street Journal
that "we'll have to comply" with new...
After 'Fervent' Bidding,
2007 iPhone Sells for $39K
Oct 18, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
After 'Fervent' Bidding, 2007 iPhone Sells for $39K
15-year-old 8GB device in unopened box is said to be in 'exceptional' condition
- The starting bid for a 15-year-old iPhone on the LCG Auctions site was listed as $2,500, but the now-ancient (in tech years) device ended up going for a whole lot more. Gizmodo reports that the unopened 2007 iPhone, a first-gen 8GB model from the year Apple debuted its smartphone,...
Calls for Help
Oct 3, 2022 11:43 AM CDT
After Late-Night Fatal Crash, an iPhone Calls for Help
Police haven't determined what caused accident in Lincoln, Nebraska
- A passenger's cellphone automatically alerted responders after a car hit a tree early Sunday in a Nebraska crash that killed all six of the vehicle's young occupants, authorities said. Five men in the Honda Accord died at the scene of the crash around 2:15am in Lincoln, about...
Steve Jobs' Daughter Posts
Meme Mocking New iPhone
in case you missed it
Sep 11, 2022 3:00 PM CDT
Steve Jobs' Daughter Posts Meme Mocking New iPhone
Widely-posted meme suggests iPhone 14 is identical to iPhone 13
- Steve Jobs' youngest child responded to Apple's Wednesday announcement of the new iPhone 14 with a meme mocking the latest version of the smartphone. The widely shared meme shows a man holding up a new shirt that is identical to the shirt he's already wearing, and it reads,...
Holds the Line
Sep 7, 2022 5:25 PM CDT
Apple Unveils Latest iPhones, Holds the Line on Prices
Top models can send SOS by satellite
- Apple's latest lineup of iPhones will boast better cameras, faster processors, and a longer-lasting battery at the same prices as last year's model, despite the inflationary pressure that has driven up the cost of many other everyday items. That decision, revealed Wednesday during Apple's first in-person product...
Apple to Let You 'Unsend'
a Text for First Time
Jun 7, 2022 8:50 AM CDT
Apple to Let You 'Unsend' a Text for First Time
Feature, along with the ability to edit texts, will be part of iOS16 update
- Apple unveiled a series of updates on the way for various products Monday, but the ones drawing the most attention involve texting. For the first time, iPhone users will be able to edit and even "unsend" texts, reports the Verge . However, they'll have to act fast: "Users...
Apple Previews Changes
to iPhone Software
Jun 6, 2022 5:11 PM CDT
Apple Previews Changes to iPhone Software
iOS 16 will give screen a new look
- Apple on Monday provided a peek at upcoming tweaks to the software that powers more than 1 billion iPhones and rolled out two laptops that will be the first available with the next generation of a company-designed microprocessor. As usual, Apple spent most of the opening day of its annual...
She Drops Phone in Outhouse.
Things Get Much Worse
Apr 23, 2022 9:34 AM CDT
She Drops Phone in Outhouse. Things Get Much Worse
Woman gets stuck in toilet trying to retrieve it in Olympic National Forest
- A woman who accidentally dropped her cellphone into the hole of an outhouse in a national forest and fell in while trying to retrieve it had to be rescued by firefighters in Washington state, per the AP . Brinnon Fire Department Chief Tim Manly said the woman, who was at the...
New iPhone SE,
Mar 8, 2022 7:04 PM CST
Apple Announces New iPhone SE, MLB Deal
New version of budget iPhone will be faster but also more expensive
- Apple on Tuesday unveiled a new version of its budget-priced iPhone that's capable of connecting to ultrafast 5G wireless networks, an upgrade that's already been available on the company’s upscale models for more than a year. The latest iPhone SE marks the first upgrade to the bare-bones...
iPhones of the Future
May Keep Tabs on
Your Mental Health
Sep 21, 2021 8:21 AM CDT
iPhones of the Future May Keep Tabs on Your Mental Health
Apple has teamed up with Biogen, UCLA to study depression, anxiety, cognitive decline
- We rely on our devices for practically everything these days, and Apple apparently hopes we'll soon check our iPhones to get a better handle on our mental health. The tech giant has previously teamed up with UCLA on mental health research, and with pharmaceuticals company Biogen on studying cognitive...
Apple Introduces iPhone 13
Sep 14, 2021 6:28 PM CDT
Apple Introduces iPhone 13
Latest model will have up to 1 terabyte of storage
- Apple has unveiled its next iPhone line-up, including a model that offers twice the storage available in earlier versions and other modest upgrades to last year’s editions that proved to be a big hit among consumers devouring the latest technology during the pandemic. From the AP :
Apple Issues iPhone
Update After Hack
Sep 14, 2021 12:17 AM CDT
Apple Issues iPhone Update After Hack
Though such schemes 'are not a threat to the overwhelming majority of our users'
- Apple released a critical software patch to fix a security vulnerability that researchers said could allow hackers to directly infect iPhones and other Apple devices without any user action, the AP reports. Researchers at the University of Toronto's Citizen Lab said the security issue was exploited to plant spyware...
Apple: Don't Attach iPhones
to High-Power Motorcycles
Sep 13, 2021 6:45 PM CDT
Apple: Don't Attach iPhones to High-Power Motorcycles
Company says it can permanently damage camera
- The iPhone apparently was not born to be wild. Apple warned users last week that attaching iPhones to powerful motorcycles exposes the devices to " intense high-amplitude vibrations" that could damage camera systems, the BBC reports. A support document released Friday states that vibrations "transmitted through the chassis and...
a Blow to Apple
Sep 10, 2021 12:26 PM CDT
Judge's App Store Ruling a Blow to Apple
Restrictions have been loosened—good news for app developers, and possibly consumers
- A federal judge ordered Apple to dismantle part of the competitive barricade guarding its closely run App Store, threatening one of the iPhone maker's biggest moneymakers. It could potentially also save app developers billions of dollars that could encourage them to lower the prices paid by consumers, per the...
Now We Know
in case you missed it
Apr 18, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Now We Know Who Unlocked San Bernardino Shooter's iPhone
It was Australian firm Azimuth
- Five years later, we finally know how the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone was unlocked. The FBI wanted to get into the iPhone 5C used by Syed Rizwan Farook, who, along with his wife Tashfeen Malik killed 14 people in a mass shooting at a company holiday party in December...
Warning for iPhone Users:
Update Your OS Right Away
Jan 27, 2021 11:20 AM CST
Warning for iPhone Users: Update Your OS Right Away
Apple says the same goes for iPad users, after security flaws 'may have been actively exploited'
- Apple products are known for being fairly resistant to security issues. But on Tuesday, the company released a handful of new security patches, part of its new iOS 14.4 software, and the company is now strongly encouraging its iPhone and iPad customers to update to the new OS ASAP....
$6.6M in Apple Products
Stolen in Truck Heist
Nov 18, 2020 7:03 PM CST
$6.6M in Apple Products Stolen in Truck Heist
British police say driver, guard were tied up
- Police in Britain have asked the public to be on the lookout for anybody selling suspiciously cheap Apple products. Police say bandits made off with $6.6 million in iPhone 11s, iPads, Apple Watches, and other products after a truck heist in Northamptonshire, central England, reports Reuters . The truck was...
Are You Using Your
iPhone's 'Secret Button'?
in case you missed it
Nov 7, 2020 7:00 AM CST
Are You Using Your iPhone's 'Secret Button'?
Back of the phone has been touch-sensitive since late September
- The latest update to iPhone software added a nifty new feature that may have escaped the attention of many users. It added what Chaim Gartenberg at the
calls a "secret button"—the back of the phone. The Back Tap feature turns the "entire back of your...
Here are Apple's New
iPhones, Designed for 5G
Oct 13, 2020 4:57 PM CDT
Here are Apple's New iPhones, Designed for 5G
Models won't include a charging adapter anymore
- Apple unveiled four new iPhones on Tuesday that are equipped with technology for use with faster 5G wireless networks. The staggered release schedule compresses Apple's window for building up excitement heading into the holiday season, the AP reports. With unemployment and economic anxiety high during the COVID-19 pandemic, consumers...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Prosecutors Whip Out Surprise Document in Trump Org Trial
She Vanished From Her Home. A FedEx Driver Has Been Arrested
Freak Wave Slams Cruise Ship, Claims Life of Passenger
Green Book Actor Found Dead on Bronx Street
Musk's Surprise Friday Leak: 'The Twitter Files'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.