Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Apple to Let You 'Unsend'
a Text for First Time
Jun 7, 2022 8:50 AM CDT
Apple to Let You 'Unsend' a Text for First Time
Feature, along with the ability to edit texts, will be part of iOS16 update
- Apple unveiled a series of updates on the way for various products Monday, but the ones drawing the most attention involve texting. For the first time, iPhone users will be able to edit and even "unsend" texts, reports the Verge . However, they'll have to act fast: "Users...
Apple Previews Changes
to iPhone Software
Jun 6, 2022 5:11 PM CDT
Apple Previews Changes to iPhone Software
iOS 16 will give screen a new look
- Apple on Monday provided a peek at upcoming tweaks to the software that powers more than 1 billion iPhones and rolled out two laptops that will be the first available with the next generation of a company-designed microprocessor. As usual, Apple spent most of the opening day of its annual...
She Drops Phone in Outhouse.
Things Get Much Worse
Apr 23, 2022 9:34 AM CDT
She Drops Phone in Outhouse. Things Get Much Worse
Woman gets stuck in toilet trying to retrieve it in Olympic National Forest
- A woman who accidentally dropped her cellphone into the hole of an outhouse in a national forest and fell in while trying to retrieve it had to be rescued by firefighters in Washington state, per the AP . Brinnon Fire Department Chief Tim Manly said the woman, who was at the...
New iPhone SE,
Mar 8, 2022 7:04 PM CST
Apple Announces New iPhone SE, MLB Deal
New version of budget iPhone will be faster but also more expensive
- Apple on Tuesday unveiled a new version of its budget-priced iPhone that's capable of connecting to ultrafast 5G wireless networks, an upgrade that's already been available on the company’s upscale models for more than a year. The latest iPhone SE marks the first upgrade to the bare-bones...
iPhones of the Future
May Keep Tabs on
Your Mental Health
Sep 21, 2021 8:21 AM CDT
iPhones of the Future May Keep Tabs on Your Mental Health
Apple has teamed up with Biogen, UCLA to study depression, anxiety, cognitive decline
- We rely on our devices for practically everything these days, and Apple apparently hopes we'll soon check our iPhones to get a better handle on our mental health. The tech giant has previously teamed up with UCLA on mental health research, and with pharmaceuticals company Biogen on studying cognitive...
Apple Introduces iPhone 13
Sep 14, 2021 6:28 PM CDT
Apple Introduces iPhone 13
Latest model will have up to 1 terabyte of storage
- Apple has unveiled its next iPhone line-up, including a model that offers twice the storage available in earlier versions and other modest upgrades to last year’s editions that proved to be a big hit among consumers devouring the latest technology during the pandemic. From the AP :
Apple Issues iPhone
Update After Hack
Sep 14, 2021 12:17 AM CDT
Apple Issues iPhone Update After Hack
Though such schemes 'are not a threat to the overwhelming majority of our users'
- Apple released a critical software patch to fix a security vulnerability that researchers said could allow hackers to directly infect iPhones and other Apple devices without any user action, the AP reports. Researchers at the University of Toronto's Citizen Lab said the security issue was exploited to plant spyware...
Apple: Don't Attach iPhones
to High-Power Motorcycles
Sep 13, 2021 6:45 PM CDT
Apple: Don't Attach iPhones to High-Power Motorcycles
Company says it can permanently damage camera
- The iPhone apparently was not born to be wild. Apple warned users last week that attaching iPhones to powerful motorcycles exposes the devices to " intense high-amplitude vibrations" that could damage camera systems, the BBC reports. A support document released Friday states that vibrations "transmitted through the chassis and...
a Blow to Apple
Sep 10, 2021 12:26 PM CDT
Judge's App Store Ruling a Blow to Apple
Restrictions have been loosened—good news for app developers, and possibly consumers
- A federal judge ordered Apple to dismantle part of the competitive barricade guarding its closely run App Store, threatening one of the iPhone maker's biggest moneymakers. It could potentially also save app developers billions of dollars that could encourage them to lower the prices paid by consumers, per the...
Now We Know
in case you missed it
Apr 18, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Now We Know Who Unlocked San Bernardino Shooter's iPhone
It was Australian firm Azimuth
- Five years later, we finally know how the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone was unlocked. The FBI wanted to get into the iPhone 5C used by Syed Rizwan Farook, who, along with his wife Tashfeen Malik killed 14 people in a mass shooting at a company holiday party in December...
Warning for iPhone Users:
Update Your OS Right Away
Jan 27, 2021 11:20 AM CST
Warning for iPhone Users: Update Your OS Right Away
Apple says the same goes for iPad users, after security flaws 'may have been actively exploited'
- Apple products are known for being fairly resistant to security issues. But on Tuesday, the company released a handful of new security patches, part of its new iOS 14.4 software, and the company is now strongly encouraging its iPhone and iPad customers to update to the new OS ASAP....
$6.6M in Apple Products
Stolen in Truck Heist
Nov 18, 2020 7:03 PM CST
$6.6M in Apple Products Stolen in Truck Heist
British police say driver, guard were tied up
- Police in Britain have asked the public to be on the lookout for anybody selling suspiciously cheap Apple products. Police say bandits made off with $6.6 million in iPhone 11s, iPads, Apple Watches, and other products after a truck heist in Northamptonshire, central England, reports Reuters . The truck was...
Are You Using Your
iPhone's 'Secret Button'?
in case you missed it
Nov 7, 2020 7:00 AM CST
Are You Using Your iPhone's 'Secret Button'?
Back of the phone has been touch-sensitive since late September
- The latest update to iPhone software added a nifty new feature that may have escaped the attention of many users. It added what Chaim Gartenberg at the
calls a "secret button"—the back of the phone. The Back Tap feature turns the "entire back of your...
Here are Apple's New
iPhones, Designed for 5G
Oct 13, 2020 4:57 PM CDT
Here are Apple's New iPhones, Designed for 5G
Models won't include a charging adapter anymore
- Apple unveiled four new iPhones on Tuesday that are equipped with technology for use with faster 5G wireless networks. The staggered release schedule compresses Apple's window for building up excitement heading into the holiday season, the AP reports. With unemployment and economic anxiety high during the COVID-19 pandemic, consumers...
Apple Unveils Discount Watch,
but No New iPhones Yet
Sep 15, 2020 5:36 PM CDT
Apple Unveils Discount Watch, but No New iPhones Yet
It was company's first virtual-only product reveal
- Apple introduced a cheaper version of its smartwatch Tuesday in its latest attempt to broaden the appeal of its trend-setting products while many consumers are forced to scrimp during the coronavirus pandemic. The scaled-down Apple Watch follows on the heels of a budget iPhone the company released five months ago...
Filing Opens in
Jul 13, 2020 5:55 PM CDT
Filing Opens in iPhone Settlement
Apple to pay about $25 to each owner who endured slowdown over battery issue
- Filing has opened for iPhone owners wanting their cash settlement over battery issues. Apple will pay about $25 to each owner under the settlement of a class-action lawsuit, MacRumors reports, after the manufacturer admitted slowing down older iPhones to head off shutdowns caused by degraded batteries. Apple's payments are...
FBI Cracks Phone of Shooter
on Base, Finds al-Qaeda Link
May 18, 2020 10:20 AM CDT
FBI Cracks Phone of Shooter on Base, Finds al-Qaeda Link
Saudi shooter at Pensacola naval base killed 3 Americans
- Last year, a Saudi military officer training at a US naval base in Florida shot and killed three American sailors and wounded eight others. Now, federal authorities have finally broken into one or both of his iPhones and discovered a link to al-Qaeda, reports the
New York Times
. The gunman,...
Apple Debuts a
Much Cheaper iPhone
Apr 15, 2020 5:30 PM CDT
Apple Debuts a Much Cheaper iPhone
iPhone SE starts at $399
- There wasn't a crowd at the launch of the latest iPhone, and with all Apple stores outside China closed, customers won't be able to try it before they buy it. The new iPhone SE, the first low-cost phone the company has released since 2016, has the same name...
Apple Makes a Big Change
to Cleaning Instructions
Mar 10, 2020 10:30 AM CDT
Apple Makes a Big Change to Cleaning Instructions
Yes, you can use disinfecting wipes on your iPhone
- Concerned about keeping your phone free of coronavirus germs without destroying it ? Apple wants you to know that it's fine to use disinfectant wipes on your iPhone. In fact, per Engadget , the tech giant actually changed the cleaning section of its website to reflect that. "Using a...
Apple Settles Suit
for $25 per iPhone Owner
Mar 2, 2020 4:26 PM CST
Apple Settles Suit for $25 per iPhone Owner
Company slowed older phones to keep batteries going
- Owners of iPhones could receive $25 from Apple after the company agreed to pay up to $500 million to settle claims over intentionally slowing down older phones to preserve older batteries. Apple and lawyers representing iPhone consumers agreed to a deal stemming from Apple's 2017 admission that it was...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Teen Beat Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.