Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
She Was Behind Some of Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Hits
Stories 21 - 40 |
Ex-NFL Player Arrested,
United Worker Fired
After Bloody Fight
May 24, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Ex-NFL Player Arrested, United Worker Fired After Bloody Fight
Brendan Langley, employee captured throwing slaps and punches on video
- Dustups involving airline workers and passengers are nothing new, but an incident at New Jersey's Newark airport on Thursday morning appears to be a whole other level. NBC News calls it a "bloody brawl" at the United Airlines check-in counter involving a worker and former NFL player Brendan...
Maine Teen Dies While
Digging Hole at NJ Beach
May 18, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Maine Teen Dies While Digging Hole at NJ Beach
Levy Caverley, 18, died after hole he and sister were digging in Toms River collapsed
- A Maine teen died this week along the Jersey Shore after the hole he was digging with his sister collapsed. Police say 18-year-old Levy Caverley was at a beach in Toms River, NJ, on Tuesday afternoon, reportedly enjoying a day in the sun by carving out a 10-foot-deep hole in...
Great White Does U-Turn
After Hitting Jersey Shore
May 11, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Great White Does U-Turn After Hitting Jersey Shore
But Ironbound will be back north soon
- Ironbound sounds like a good name for a massive floating vessel. This Ironbound is pretty close to that. A huge great white shark who was so christened when it was tagged on October 3, 2019, off Nova Scotia has recently been spotted off the US coast. CNN reports Ironbound pinged...
Romance Scammer Posed
With Wads of Cash in Photos
May 5, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Romance Scammer Posed With Wads of Cash in Photos
New Jersey's Rubbin Sarpong is sentenced to 14 years in prison
- A New Jersey man just got sentenced to 14 years in prison over an online scam in which he tricked about 40 women on dating websites into sending him money. Prosecutors say one of the women killed herself after wiring him $93,000 and realizing she'd been duped, reports...
Worker Falls to
His Death From
May 4, 2022 1:29 AM CDT
Worker Falls to His Death From Jersey Shore Ferris Wheel
Subcontractor fell from a lift in Ocean City
- A man working on the Ferris wheel at a Jersey shore pier fell to his death Monday morning. Robert Sanger, 62, was a subcontractor working on a lift when he fell from it at Gillian’s Wonderland Pier in Ocean City, New Jersey, the
Press of Atlantic City
New Jersey Man Accused of
Brutal Road-Rage Incident
Apr 15, 2022 7:18 AM CDT
New Jersey Man Accused of Brutal Road-Rage Incident
Vincent Jean, 56, allegedly chased woman after fender bender, ran over her multiple times
- A young woman is lucky to be alive and a man is in custody after allegedly running her over, multiple times, in a vicious road-rage incident in New Jersey. Witnesses tell NBC New York it started during Tuesday morning's rush hour, when a man backing up on a one-way...
Here Are the
10 Best States
for Remote Workers
Apr 5, 2022 4:32 PM CDT
Here Are the 10 Best States for Remote Workers
The Garden State tops WalletHub's list
- During the pandemic, much of America got a taste of what it's like to be a full-time telecommuter. Now that many businesses have started to open back up, a good number of them are allowing workers to remain remote. To see which states are most conducive to this type...
Town Sues 82-Year-Old
Over Public Records Requests
Mar 29, 2022 4:10 PM CDT
Town Sues 82-Year-Old Over Public Records Requests
New Jersey's Irvington Township says Elouise McDaniel's demands are too burdensome
- A town in New Jersey is suing one of its own senior citizens, accusing her of filing too many requests for public records. Irvington Township accuses Elouise McDaniel, 82, of harassment and defamation, and a big reason is that she filed 75 requests for information about Mayor Tony Vauss and...
For Drivers in 2 States, Big
Change Looms at Gas Pump
Mar 6, 2022 1:45 PM CST
For Drivers in 2 States, Big Change Looms at Gas Pump
New Jersey, Oregon may finally allow drivers to pump their own gas
- Out-of-state drivers heading through New Jersey or Oregon likely encounter a surprise when they stop for gas: In those states, drivers (mostly) still can't pump their own. Now, however, both states are considering legislation to finally allow the practice, reports the Hill . Rising gas prices and a tight labor...
Guy's Dinner Find: Pricey
Pearl in a Clamshell
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 5, 2022 7:45 AM CST
Guy's Dinner Find: Pricey Pearl in a Clamshell
'It's like a once in a lifetime event' for NJ's Michael and Maria Spressler
- Michael Spressler thought he'd cracked a molar after biting into a raw clam at his favorite South Jersey restaurant. "But then when I poked it out into the palm of my hand, it was a perfectly round white pearl." That pearl might just cover the cost of...
Other Teen in Mall Fight
Says Cops Were Racist
Feb 21, 2022 2:38 PM CST
Other Teen in Mall Fight Says Cops Were Racist
'I don’t understand why they arrested him and not me,' he says of Black teen
- One of two teenagers involved in a fight at a New Jersey mall earlier this month says he isn't white—but he agrees that it was racist for police to give him better treatment than the Black teenager he traded blows with. Video from the Bridgewater Commons Mall shows...
2 Teens Fought at
a New Jersey Mall.
Now, a Controversy
Feb 16, 2022 2:21 PM CST
2 Teens Fought at a New Jersey Mall. Now, a Controversy
A Black teen was handcuffed, while a white teen was put on a couch to sit
- Two teens fought at a New Jersey mall, and two police officers intervened—with one teen ending up handcuffed on the ground while the other was left to sit on a couch. The issue: The handcuffed teen is Black, the other white. The Bridgewater police response to the incident at...
This State Is
Feb 14, 2022 10:50 AM CST
This State Is America's Smartest
Massachusetts is most educated, per WalletHub ranking; West Virginia is least
- Schools have taken a big hit during the pandemic, with continual disruptions to in-person learning in elementary and secondary schools and colleges across the nation. Still, as WalletHub notes, "amid these struggles, some states are able to provide safe, quality education more than others." To find out which...
2 Democratic Governors
Drop School Mask Mandates
Feb 7, 2022 11:51 AM CST
2 Democratic Governors Drop School Mask Mandates
New Jersey and Delaware are the latest
- New Jersey is dropping its requirement that students and staffers wear masks at schools, reports NJ.com . The news was seen as significant because Gov. Phil Murphy is a Democrat "who has imposed some of the nation’s most stringent pandemic-related mandates," per the
New York Times
Here Are the 10 States
People Are Fleeing
Jan 25, 2022 3:31 PM CST
Here Are the 10 States People Are Fleeing
Residents are especially saying so long to New Jersey
- Over the past year, people in the US made some major life changes—including moving out of state. Whether it was to be closer to family during the pandemic or simply a desire for a life in a less-dense area, plenty of Americans made mini-migrations across state lines. United Van...
This Is the Best
State for Retirees
Jan 24, 2022 1:41 PM CST
This Is the Best State for Retirees
Surprise! Florida comes in at No. 1 in WalletHub rankings
- Figuring out what to do once you retire can be a challenge, including where you put down roots to ride out your golden years. WalletHub looked at nearly four dozen metrics across all 50 states, in three main categories: affordability, which looks at everything from the cost of living and...
NJ Mayor: Overnight Blaze
'Worst That I've Ever Seen'
Jan 15, 2022 8:15 AM CST
NJ Mayor: Overnight Blaze 'Worst That I've Ever Seen'
Luckily, only one minor injury reported so far as firefighters continue battling fire at Passaic plant
- An 11-alarm fire that broke out Friday night at a New Jersey industrial complex continued to burn into Saturday morning, but hundreds of firefighters were able to keep the blaze from reaching the main portion of a chemical plant on-site and had contained the fire as of 7am, Passaic Mayor...
Here Are the Best, Worst
States to Raise a Family
Jan 10, 2022 10:45 AM CST
Here Are the Best, Worst States to Raise a Family
Massachusetts ranks highest in WalletHub's rankings, Mississippi comes in at the bottom
- Finding the best place to settle down and raise a family can prove a tough choice, with different levels of import placed on the various factors in play, depending on who's being asked. WalletHub looked at more than four dozen metrics in five main categories to help ease the...
'Stunning Turnaround' for
NJ Mom Convicted of Murder
Dec 28, 2021 3:25 PM CST
'Stunning Turnaround' for NJ Mom Convicted of Murder
State's top court overturns Michele Lodzinski's conviction for killing son
- A New Jersey woman convicted by a jury in 2016 of the murder of her 5-year-old son 15 years earlier had her conviction thrown out on Tuesday. In what the AP calls a "stunning turnaround" for 54-year-old Michelle Lodzinski, New Jersey's Supreme Court decided that prosecutors had failed...
Prosecutors: Cop Hit Man,
Put Body in Car, Drove Home
Nov 25, 2021 7:50 AM CST
Prosecutors: Cop Hit Man, Put Body in Car, Drove Home
Newark officer Louis Santiago allegedly took the body to his house
- An off-duty New Jersey police officer stands accused of hitting and killing a pedestrian in the middle of the night earlier this month—and then putting the dead man's body in his car and taking it home to debate what to do about it. NBC News reports Newark officer...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Comedian Has Survived in NYC Nearly a Month on Just $100
AMC Networks Is Having a Rough Day
'At Long Last We Have Gained Some Traction on This Most ... Feared Disease'
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
Prince William, Kate Headed to Boston, and It's Weighty
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.