Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'She Fell in Love, and She
Never Looked at Anyone Else'
Sep 9, 2022 11:56 AM CDT
'She Fell in Love, and She Never Looked at Anyone Else'
Romance between Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip burned strong for 7-plus decades
- The headlines have been dominated by Queen Elizabeth after her death Thursday at the age of 96. But ever-present in the background is the person she once called her "strength and stay": husband Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, who died in April 2021 at 99. Before his death, the...
Prince Philip's Will Is
Staying Sealed Until 2111
Aug 1, 2022 2:42 PM CDT
Prince Philip's Will Is Staying Sealed Until 2111
Judges reject legal challenge from the 'Guardian'
- Anybody who wants to know what's in Prince Philip's will should adopt an extremely healthy lifestyle, because its contents are not going to be made public until 2111 at the earliest. A judge ruled last year that the will should remain sealed for at least 90 years to...
'Vote of Support'
to Prince Andrew
Mar 29, 2022 11:51 AM CDT
Queen Gives 'Vote of Support' to Prince Andrew
He escorted Queen ahead of Tuesday's memorial service for Prince Philip
- Queen Elizabeth II shrugged off recent health issues to attend a memorial service for her husband, Prince Philip, at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday, entering the cavernous church through a side door to shorten the distance to her seat. The monarch entered the abbey on the arm of her second son,...
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince
Philip's Memorial Service
Mar 12, 2022 7:00 AM CST
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince Philip's Memorial Service
Prince slammed for 'snubbing' queen, whom rep says he hopes to visit soon
- Prince Harry said earlier this year he wouldn't be returning to the UK anytime soon, due to a lack of security detail for him and his family, and he apparently meant it—even if it means he'll miss his grandfather's memorial service. Per
, a spokesman for...
Judge: Prince Philip's Will to Be
Kept Under Wraps for 90 Years
Sep 17, 2021 7:24 AM CDT
Judge: Prince Philip's Will to Be Kept Under Wraps for 90 Years
Even then, it may not see the light of day
- If you've been dying to know who's going to get Prince Philip's hunting apparel, 13,000 books , and autographed pictures of himself, you'll be waiting till around the year 2111. Andrew McFarlane, a judge at London's High Court, has ruled that the will of the...
Prince Philip's Uncle
Apr 19, 2021 4:39 AM CDT
Irish Leader Addresses Assassination of Prince Philip's Uncle
Sinn Fein leader Mary Lou McDonald is sorry about 1979 assassination
- Prince Philip's uncle was assassinated by members of the Irish Republican Army in 1979, and in the wake of the prince's death, the current leader of Sinn Fein, once the political wing of the IRA, has apologized. "Of course, I am sorry that happened; of course, that...
Harry, William Follow Coffin,
Though Not Side by Side
Apr 17, 2021 10:49 AM CDT
Harry, William Follow Coffin, Though Not Side by Side
Prince Philip is laid to rest
- Prince Philip was laid to rest Saturday in a funeral that honored his lifetime of service to the UK, the crown, and his wife of 73 years, Queen Elizabeth II, per the AP . The widowed British monarch, setting an example amid the coronavirus pandemic, sat alone at the ceremony,...
Prince Philip Designed
His Own Hearse
Apr 16, 2021 7:03 AM CDT
Prince Philip Designed His Own Hearse
He will be taken to funeral in modified Land Rover
- Prince Philip was a big fan of Land Rovers—and he will be taken to his funeral in one that he helped design. Buckingham Palace says the 99-year-old worked with Land Rover beginning in 2003 on the modified vehicle, which has an open top rear section designed to his specifications,...
Queen Eliminates Harry's
Funeral Wardrobe Stress
Apr 15, 2021 6:44 AM CDT
Queen Eliminates Harry's Funeral Wardrobe Stress
Her decision means he won't risk being the only member of the royal family not in uniform
- Senior royals must wear civilian clothes to Prince Philip's Saturday funeral, defusing potential tensions over who would be allowed to don military uniforms. Queen Elizabeth II's decision means Prince Harry won't risk being the only member of the royal family not in uniform during Saturday’s funeral...
Queen Steers Back to Royal
Duties During Mourning Period
Apr 14, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Queen Steers Back to Royal Duties During Mourning Period
Elizabeth gets back to work before funeral for her late husband on Saturday
- As the British royal family prepares for the funeral of Prince Philip on Saturday, the queen is getting back to work. According to the Court Circular , which details the royals' daily events and engagements, Queen Elizabeth hosted a retirement ceremony for Lord Chamberlain Earl Peel, her household's top official,...
In One Part of the World,
Prince Philip Was Nearly a God
Apr 12, 2021 10:33 AM CDT
In One Part of the World, Prince Philip Was Nearly a God
2 Vanuatu tribes are mourning the Duke of Edinburgh
- Plenty of people in Britain are mourning the death of Prince Philip, but their sorrow may be trumped by that of some people across the globe. On the Vanuatuan island of Tanna, the tribespeople in two villages have considered the Duke of Edinburgh a "god-like spiritual figure" for decades,...
Harry, but Not
Apr 10, 2021 3:05 PM CDT
Harry, but Not Meghan, Will Attend Funeral
Service for Prince Philip at Windsor Castle will be limited to 30 guests
- Prince Harry will travel to the UK for his grandfather's funeral, Buckingham Palace announced Saturday. His wife, Meghan Markle, who's pregnant with their second child, won't be with him,
reports. "The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel," a...
BBC Gets Slew of Complaints
Over Prince Philip Coverage
Apr 10, 2021 7:31 AM CDT
BBC Gets Slew of Complaints Over Prince Philip Coverage
Some viewers saw it as excessive
- The UK's national broadcaster switched instantly into mourning mode when Prince Philip’s death was announced Friday. The BBC canceled its regular programming and aired special coverage hosted by black-clad news anchors throughout the day. Popular prime-time shows such as the cooking contest
were supplanted. Some Britons saw...
Harry, Meghan Post
Own Tribute to Philip
Apr 9, 2021 1:48 PM CDT
Harry, Meghan Post Own Tribute to Philip
Harry expected to return to UK for funeral, but it's less clear if Markle will join him
- The death of Prince Philip raises an awkward royal question: Will grandson Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle—not exactly in tight with the family these days —return to the UK for the funeral? Both
New York Post
, citing sources, say Harry is expected to make...
We 'Owe Him a Debt Greater
Than ... We Shall Ever Know'
Apr 9, 2021 12:02 PM CDT
We 'Owe Him a Debt Greater Than ... We Shall Ever Know'
A look at the long life of Prince Philip
- Mourners have appeared outside London's Buckingham Palace to pay tribute to Prince Philip, the longest-serving consort in British history. But his spouse, Queen Elizabeth II, won't be able to see them, at least not in the physical, as she's staying at Windsor Castle, where Philip died early...
With 'Deep Sorrow,' Queen
Announces Prince Philip's Death
Apr 9, 2021 6:12 AM CDT
With 'Deep Sorrow,' Queen Announces Prince Philip's Death
He was the longest-serving consort in British history
- Buckingham Palace officials say Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has died. He was 99. "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh," the palace said. "...
Prince Philip Heads Home
After 4-Week Hospital Stay
Mar 16, 2021 7:32 AM CDT
Prince Philip Heads Home After 4-Week Hospital Stay
Queen's 99-year-old husband had a heart procedure and was treated for an infection
- Prince Philip left a London hospital on Tuesday after being treated for an infection and undergoing a heart procedure, reports the AP . Philip, 99, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, had been hospitalized since being admitted to the private King Edward VII's Hospital in London on Feb. 16, where...
Palace: Prince Philip's Heart
Procedure Was a Success
Mar 4, 2021 12:01 AM CST
Palace: Prince Philip's Heart Procedure Was a Success
99-year-old will remain hospitalized 'for a number of days'
- Prince Philip has had a successful heart procedure at a London hospital, Buckingham Palace said Thursday. The palace says the 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, "underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s Hospital," the AP reports. “...
Prince Philip's Hospital Move
Generates 2 Points of Concern
Mar 1, 2021 1:55 PM CST
Prince Philip's Hospital Move Generates 2 Points of Concern
99-year-old is transferred to St. Bartholomew's Hospital
- Prince Philip is no longer at King Edward VII's Hospital, but he's not back at Windsor Castle either. The 99-year-old was on Monday moved to St. Bartholomew's Hospital, apparently by ambulance, after 13 nights spent at the aforementioned private hospital. The Duke of Edinburgh, who is being...
Palace: Prince Philip
Has an Infection
Feb 23, 2021 2:58 PM CST
Palace: Prince Philip Has an Infection
Queen's husband is 'looking forward to getting out' of the hospital
- Britain's Prince Philip, who was admitted to a London hospital a week ago, is "comfortable and responding to treatment" for an infection, according to a statement from Buckingham Palace. Doctors expect him to stay in King Edward VII's Hospital for several days, the palace said Tuesday. Son...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
NFL Player Got Creative to Avoid Trash-Talk Penalties
She Had a Day Job as a Baker. Then Came 'Mr. Big Stuff'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.