Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Boeing Agrees to Pay $200M
in SEC's 737 Investigation
Sep 22, 2022 6:35 PM CDT
Boeing Agrees to Pay $200M in SEC's 737 Investigation
Allegations involve misleading statements to company's investors
- Boeing will pay the federal government $200 million to settle an investigation into statements the company and its chief executive made to investors after two fatal crashes of its 737 Max jetliners. The Securities and Exchange Commission also announced Thursday that Dennis Muilenburg, the former CEO, agreed to pay another...
Big 737 Max Order
Jul 18, 2022 5:21 PM CDT
Airline Places Big 737 Max Order
Boeing wants federal certification before rules in response to crashes kick in
- Delta is ordering 100 737 Max 10 airplanes, the largest of the line produced by Boeing, potentially giving the manufacturer momentum after a rollout of its most advanced aircraft that included two fatal crashes. Delta has an option to purchase 30 more of the aircraft as the airline looks to...
Makes It Home
May 20, 2022 3:08 AM CDT
Boeing's Starliner Makes It Home
'On a scale of one to 10, I think I’d give it a 15'
Boeing moved a giant step closer to being able to send astronauts to space on Wednesday with the successful return of its Starliner spacecraft—which had a spacesuit-clad mannequin aboard. After spending five days at the International Space Station, the spacecraft detached from its port and touched down in...
Ryanair CEO Has Some
(Bleeped) Words for Boeing
May 17, 2022 5:45 AM CDT
Ryanair CEO Has Some (Bleeped) Words for Boeing
Michael O'Leary is fed up with delays
- It might be a bit of an understatement to say Ryanair is not happy about the delays it's experiencing with the planes it's ordered from Boeing. In what CNN describes as a "scathing," "expletive-ridden," "obscenity-laden" tirade Monday, the discount airline's CEO, Michael...
to Move HQ
May 5, 2022 2:55 PM CDT
Boeing Plans to Move HQ to Virginia
Office will be near the Pentagon, a major customer
- Boeing Co., a leading defense contractor and one of the world's two dominant manufacturers of airline planes, is expected to move its headquarters from Chicago to the Washington, DC, area, according to two people familiar with the matter. The decision could be announced as soon as Thursday, according to...
Trump Really Did Strike a Good
Deal for the 'American People'
Apr 28, 2022 7:03 AM CDT
Trump Really Did Strike a Good Deal for the 'American People'
Word to the wise: think twice about long-term, fixed-cost contracts
- It seems these inflationary times have taught Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun a lesson about fixed-cost contracts. He may have also learned a thing or two about negotiating with Donald Trump. Four years after Boeing agreed to convert two 747s into suitable Air Force Ones, Calhoun openly regretted the deal in...
Boeing 737 Max Test Pilot
Found Not Guilty
Mar 23, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Boeing 737 Max Test Pilot Found Not Guilty
Prosecutors accused Mark Forkner of withholding 'critical information' from FAA
: Mark A. Forkner, a former Boeing test pilot, was acquitted Wednesday of four counts of wire fraud by a Texas jury, the AP reports. Prosecutors said Forkner, the chief technical pilot for the development of the 737 Max, lied to the FAA about how much pilot training would be...
At China Eastern Crash Site,
Only Remnants of Lives Lost
Mar 22, 2022 6:38 AM CDT
At China Eastern Crash Site, Only Remnants of Lives Lost
No survivors found at remote crash site that left a pit in a mountainside
- Mud-stained wallets. Bank cards. Official identity cards. Some of the personal effects of 132 lives presumed lost were lined up by rescue workers scouring a remote mountainside Tuesday for the wreckage of a China Eastern plane that one day earlier inexplicably fell from the sky and burst into a fireball...
Crashes in China
Mar 21, 2022 5:17 AM CDT
Boeing 737 Crashes in China
132 people were aboard, but there's no word yet on casualties
- A China Eastern Boeing 737-800 with 132 people on board crashed in the southern province of Guangxi on Monday, officials said. The Civil Aviation Administration of China said the crash occurred near the city of Wuzhou in Teng county, per the AP . The flight was traveling from Kunming in the...
Dreamliner Delay Cuts Into
American's International Flights
Dec 9, 2021 4:35 PM CST
Dreamliner Delay Cuts Into American's International Flights
Boeing hasn't delivered any of the jetliners in a year
- American Airlines is dropping some international flights for next summer because Boeing has failed to deliver planes that the airline ordered, according to an internal memo Thursday. Boeing has been unable to deliver its 787 jetliner, which it calls the Dreamliner, for about a year because of a series of...
Boeing to Employees:
Get Vaccinated by Dec. 8
Oct 13, 2021 1:16 AM CDT
Boeing to Employees: Get Vaccinated by Dec. 8
Company could face pushback
- The latest company to announce a vaccine mandate: Boeing. The aerospace company told employees Tuesday they must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Dec. 8, the
reports. "Compliance with these requirements is a condition of employment," reads the internal message, and any unvaccinated workers without an...
Boeing, Pfizer Rise
After Profit Reports
Jul 28, 2021 4:01 PM CDT
Boeing, Pfizer Rise After Profit Reports
Markets had mixed reaction to latest Fed statement
- Stocks ended a wobbly day with mixed results Wednesday after the Federal Reserve said it was seeing improvement in the economy , but not enough to start dialing down its support for it. The S&P 500 ended little changed after giving up a brief gain in the afternoon. The latest...
United Airlines Just Made
a Huge Bet on Travel
Jun 29, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
United Airlines Just Made a Huge Bet on Travel
Company orders 270 new planes, most in its history
- Air travel is back. Just ask United Airlines. The company has placed the biggest jet order in its history, and the biggest for any US airline since 2011. The purchase of 270 new single-aisle planes from Boeing and Airbus has a two-fold purpose: to replace some aging aircraft as well...
Aboard That Scary Flight:
'Don't Look ... Let's Just Pray'
Feb 23, 2021 10:25 AM CST
Aboard That Scary Flight: 'Don't Look ... Let's Just Pray'
Investigators trying to understand why fan blades broke, and not for the first time
- It's a small miracle nobody was hurt or killed in Colorado over the weekend after an engine blew on a United jet and rained huge pieces of debris on neighborhoods near the Denver International Airport. In fact, one of the engine's fan blades came down on a soccer...
After Plane Disaster in Denver,
Bad News for Boeing's 777s
Feb 22, 2021 6:11 AM CST
After Plane Disaster in Denver, Bad News for Boeing's 777s
Company calls for 128 planes with Pratt & Whitney engines to be grounded
- It hasn't been a good couple of years for Boeing , but the beleaguered airplane manufacturer had just started to turn things around, getting its Boeing 737 Max back up in US skies and trying to move on from the crisis surrounding that plane model . Now, a backslide after a...
Boeing's 'Slap on the Wrist'
for 737 Max Debacle: $2.5B
Jan 8, 2021 9:38 AM CST
Boeing's 'Slap on the Wrist' for 737 Max Debacle: $2.5B
Company will avoid criminal charges from DOJ if it adheres to terms of settlement
- Boeing will pay $2.5 billion to settle a Justice Department investigation and admit that employees misled regulators about the safety of its 737 Max aircraft, which suffered two deadly crashes shortly after entering airline service. Under the settlement announced Thursday, Boeing will pay a $243.6 million fine, $1....
Boeing Max Is
Back on US Route
Dec 29, 2020 2:36 PM CST
Boeing Max Is Back on US Route
Plane was grounded last year after two crashes
- American Airlines flew a Boeing 737 Max with paying passengers from Miami to New York on Tuesday, the plane's first commercial flight in US skies since it was grounded after two deadly crashes. American Flight 718 carried about 100 passengers, according to an airline spokeswoman, and landed Tuesday afternoon...
More Good News for
Boeing on the 737 Max
Dec 21, 2020 3:00 AM CST
More Good News for Boeing on the 737 Max
European regulator declares the aircraft safe
- A month after the US cleared the Boeing 737 Max to fly once again under certain conditions, Europe is expected to soon do the same. The head of the EU's aviation safety agency says he is "certain" the aircraft is safe to fly after the EASA completed a...
Boeing 737 Max Is
Cleared for Takeoff
Nov 18, 2020 9:35 AM CST
Boeing 737 Max Is Cleared for Takeoff
After fixes, issue with plane's nose 'can no longer happen'
- Following two fatal crashes and 20 months on the ground, the Boeing 737 Max has been cleared to fly in the US. The FAA said Wednesday that a review process was complete and the plane could take to the skies—but only after necessary changes are made, pilots receive simulator...
Boeing Astronaut Pulls Out
of First Starliner Mission
Oct 7, 2020 7:40 PM CDT
Boeing Astronaut Pulls Out of First Starliner Mission
Chris Ferguson doesn't want to miss daughter's wedding
- The commander of the final space shuttle mission has decided against becoming one of the first "corporate astronauts." Chris Ferguson tells the
that he has stepped aside as commander of the first crewed mission of Boeing's Starliner spacecraft because he has a "lot of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Ukrainian Diplomat Has 2-Word Response to Elon Musk Proposal
It's Been a Wild 24 Hours for Herschel Walker
Auction House Said Vase Was Ordinary. Bidders Disagreed
Trump Sues CNN for $475M
Supreme Court Just Got What May Be Its Weirdest Brief of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.