Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on
His Phone During Gun Training
Jan 31, 2023 4:53 PM CST
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Actor, armorer have been formally charged with manslaughter in 'Rust' shooting
- Alec Baldwin has, as expected , been formally charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of
in 2021. Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies filed charges against Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed on Tuesday, the
Santa Fe New Mexican
Jan 19, 2023 2:23 PM CST
Alec Baldwin Responds to Movie-Set Charges
Actor's attorney slams 'terrible miscarriage of justice'
- Alec Baldwin is now facing the possibility of prison over the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a movie set in 2021. The district attorney who serves Sante Fe County in New Mexico said Thursday that Baldwin will be charged before the end of the month with involuntary manslaughter,...
Alec Baldwin to Be Charged
in Fatal Movie Shooting
Jan 19, 2023 10:36 AM CST
Alec Baldwin to Be Charged in Fatal Movie Shooting
Actor and 'Rust' armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter in death of Halyna Hutchins
- Alec Baldwin will face criminal charges in the fatal 2021 shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a movie set. Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for firing the shot that killed Hutchins on the set of
, prosecutors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, said Thursday, reports CNN . The movie'...
Just Got Messier
Dec 22, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Litigation Just Got Messier
Assistant director David Halls countersues, alleging negligence by Alec Baldwin, others
- The finger-pointing over the fatal firing of a live round on the set of
continues, with the film's assistant director claiming he should not be held liable for harm alleged and deserves compensation from other parties involved if he is. David Halls on Friday filed a countersuit to...
With Lots of
Nov 12, 2022 9:30 AM CST
Suit With Lots of Finger-Pointing
Actor alleges others should hold blame for death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins
- Alec Baldwin and the producers of
settled last month with the family of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was fatally shot by the actor on the movie's set in 2021. Now, Baldwin has lobbed his own lawsuit, which CNN notes is the first legal action he's taken...
Settlement Clears Way for
Oct 5, 2022 9:59 AM CDT
Settlement Clears Way for Filming of
Halyna Hutchins' family, Alec Baldwin settle for undisclosed amount
- The family of Halyna Hutchins has settled with Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions for an undisclosed amount in the wake of the cinematographer's 2021 death on the set of
—paving the way for the movie to be completed. Hutchins' family sued Baldwin and the movie's producers...
Alec Baldwin, Hilaria
Have Seventh Child
Sep 25, 2022 7:25 AM CDT
Alec Baldwin, Hilaria Have Seventh Child
That's No. 8 in total for the actor
- Alec Baldwin is now the father of eight. Wife Hilaria Baldwin gave birth to the couple's seventh child together, a baby girl, she announced on Instagram . "Both she and I are happy and healthy," the 38-year-old wrote of newborn Ilaria Catalina Irena Baldwin, per E! Online . Alec...
Aug 31, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Fallen Marine's Family Refiles Suit Against Alec Baldwin
Widow who attended says she's no insurrectionist
- A defamation lawsuit against Alec Baldwin that was dismissed in Wyoming in May has been refiled in New York. The widow and two sisters of fallen Marine Rylee McCollum accuse the actor of making false charges against them, including calling Jiennah McCollum, who was married to Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum,...
Report: Baldwin Has First
Acting Job Since Tragedy
Aug 30, 2022 2:24 PM CDT
Report: Baldwin Has First Acting Job Since Tragedy
Sources tell the 'New York Post' actor is returning to Broadway
- Almost a year after the shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins led to the indefinite suspension of his
project, Alec Baldwin has lined up another acting job, insiders say. Sources tell the
New York Post
that in his first major Broadway role since 2013, Baldwin will appear in a revival...
Aug 15, 2022 7:55 PM CDT
Medical Investigator Rules Film Death Accidental
FBI forensics report says trigger must have been pulled, conflicting with Alec Baldwin's account
- The fatal film-set shooting of a cinematographer by actor Alec Baldwin last year was an accident, New Mexico's Office of the Medical Investigator has determined after an autopsy and a review of law enforcement reports. But Baldwin isn't in the clear yet. Prosecutors have not decided if any...
FBI Report Casts Doubt
on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Aug 15, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
FBI Report Casts Doubt on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Actor says he never pulled it in cinematographer's death, but tests suggest that's impossible
- The investigation into exactly what transpired before Alec Baldwin accidentally killed a cinematographer on set is ongoing, but a new FBI report casts doubt on one element of Baldwin's account. The actor told ABC News definitively last year that he never pulled the trigger of what he was told...
Asked to Use
Live Rounds on
Apr 26, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Armorer Asked to Use Live Rounds on Another Movie
Sheriff says action is 'concerning,' amid new file release
- "This is the most horrifying thing I've ever heard in my life," Alec Baldwin told investigators as he was informed that a live round came from the prop gun he handled on the New Mexico set of
. "Someone loaded a live round into the gun...
With Maximum Fine
Apr 20, 2022 4:34 PM CDT
Production Hit With Maximum Fine
New Mexico agency says there was 'plain indifference to employee safety'
- The production company behind
has been hit with the highest fine possible from a New Mexico government agency after a six-month investigation of the on-set accident that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. The New Mexico Environment Department’s Occupational Health and Safety Bureau, which concluded there had been "plain...
From Family of
Apr 6, 2022 12:37 AM CDT
Alec Baldwin: Dismiss Lawsuit From Family of Fallen Marine
They say he called slain Marine's sister a Jan. 6 'insurrectionist'
Alec Baldwin has asked that a defamation lawsuit filed against him by the family of a fallen Marine be dismissed. Baldwin's lawyer said in the filing, per the AP , that "reposting a photo Roice (McCollum) herself publicly posted and then expressing a political opinion about it cannot...
The Babies Keep Coming
for Alec, Hilaria Baldwin
Mar 30, 2022 12:21 AM CDT
The Babies Keep Coming for Alec, Hilaria Baldwin
Celebrity couple is expecting baby No. 7 (No. 8 for Alec)
- Last year around this time, Alec and Hilaria Baldwin shocked the world when baby No. 6 arrived just a few months after baby No. 5 . Now, they're announcing that baby No. 7 is on the way. Their kids so far, per the
New York Post
: Carmen, 8, Rafael, 6,...
Alec Baldwin: I Can't Be
Sued Over Fatal Shooting
Mar 11, 2022 2:00 PM CST
Alec Baldwin: I Can't Be Sued Over Fatal Shooting
Actor says his contract shields him from liability in the death
- Alec Baldwin's lawyers have made a new filing in the fatal on-set shooting of cinematographer Haylna Hutchins , and they argue that the actor is protected from liability because of a clause in his contract, per the
. Baldwin makes the case that he was a producer on the...
Husband: Alec Baldwin
Feb 24, 2022 1:00 AM CST
Slain Cinematographer's Husband: Alec Baldwin Is Responsible
Matt Hutchins gives first public statements since his wife's tragic death on 'Rust' set
- The husband of a cinematographer shot and killed on the set of the film
says it's “absurd” that Alex Baldwin believes he's not to blame for the shooting and he was “so angry” when Baldwin didn't accept responsibility, the AP reports. The remarks made...
Family of Cinematographer
Sues Alec Baldwin
Feb 15, 2022 1:44 PM CST
Family of Cinematographer Sues Alec Baldwin
Relatives of Halyna Hutchins hold actor, producers of 'Rust' responsible for her death
- The family of the cinematographer fatally shot by Alec Baldwin on a movie set last year has sued the actor and the movie's producers, reports
. "Reckless conduct and cost-cutting measures led to the death of Halyna Hutchins," family attorney Brian Panish said at a Tuesday...
Jan 15, 2022 3:35 PM CST
Baldwin Gives Phone to Deputies in New York
Search warrant was issued in December in investigation of killing on film set
- Four weeks after a search warrant was issued, Alec Baldwin has complied with it by turning his cellphone over to sheriff's deputies. New Mexico authorities had sought the phone for their investigation of the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a film set there on Oct. 21. Santa...
A Month After
Jan 14, 2022 1:34 AM CST
A Month After Search Warrant, Alec Baldwin Hasn't Turned Over Phone
Baldwin's lawyer says it will happen this week
Nearly one month after a judge approved the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office's search warrant for Alec Baldwin's phone, the actor has yet to turn it over to authorities. The sheriff's office released a statement Thursday detailing the timeline and noting that on Dec. 20,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Has an Innocent Explanation for Its Balloon
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
Pedophile Former Pop Star Released After 8 Years
Funeral Home Staff Unzipped a Body Bag, Got Quite a Shock
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.