Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Drescher Says Clooney's Plan
to End Strike Won't Work
Oct 20, 2023 8:44 AM CDT
Drescher Says Clooney's Plan to End Strike Won't Work
A-list actors suggested they pay more dues to bridge gap between union, studios
- SAG-AFTRA union president Fran Drescher says a proposal from George Clooney and a group of other A-listers to help end the actors' strike is "extremely generous"—but it's not going to work. In a Zoom meeting earlier this week between union leaders and actors including Clooney, Scarlett...
At Kennedy Center Honors,
an Ovation for Paul Pelosi
Dec 5, 2022 6:29 AM CST
At Kennedy Center Honors, an Ovation for Paul Pelosi
He attends honors for George Clooney, Gladys Knight, U2, Amy Grant, and Tania León
- A heartfelt Patti LaBelle praised her lifelong friend Gladys Knight. Sean Penn called U2 “four scrappy Dublin punks.” Ballet dancers performed for conductor and composer Tania León. Matt Damon playfully teased his friend George Clooney, and Sheryl Crow delivered a heartfelt rendition of “Baby Baby” to...
Clooney and Roberts'
Reunion Isn't So Memorable
Oct 21, 2022 9:36 AM CDT
Clooney and Roberts' Reunion Isn't So Memorable
'Ticket to Paradise' reunites Julia Roberts, George Clooney, for better or worse
- In reuniting George Clooney and Julia Roberts for their fifth movie together,
Ticket to Paradise
aims to resurrect the classic romantic comedy. Bickering exes David and Georgia, 20 years removed from their divorce, join forces to sabotage the wedding of their daughter Lily (Kaitlyn Dever), fearing that in marrying a...
George Clooney Has
a Big Ask of the Media
Nov 6, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
George Clooney Has a Big Ask of the Media
Star doesn't want pics of his kids' faces being published, especially by the UK's 'Daily Mail'
- George Clooney understands that, as one of the most famous actors in the world, he's going to occasionally be photographed while out in public. As for his two young kids, however, they should be off-limits, a plea he made Thursday in an open letter to the media. The BBC...
Clooney Had a Pithy Answer
to Question About Politics
Oct 10, 2021 5:30 PM CDT
Clooney Had a Pithy Answer to Question About Politics
Actor would rather have a 'nice life' than run for office
- George Clooney on Sunday ruled out having a second career in politics, saying he would rather have a “nice life” and is looking to reduce his workload. Nevertheless, the 60-year-old actor and director waded into politics during an interview with the BBC’s Andrew Marr. Clooney, a long-time supporter...
Clooney Lost 25-Plus Pounds
for Film, Ended Up in Hospital
Dec 12, 2020 8:15 AM CST
Clooney Lost 25-Plus Pounds for Film, Ended Up in Hospital
Actor, 59, who dropped weight for role in 'The Midnight Sky,' ended up with pancreatitis
- George Clooney takes his acting and directing seriously, but he may have taken the former too seriously while preparing for his latest role in
The Midnight Sky
, coming out on Netflix Dec. 23. To play a cancer-riddled scientist left on Earth after an apocalyptic nuclear event, Clooney dropped nearly 30...
These 4 Figures Now Have
Something Big in Common
Dec 2, 2020 10:20 AM CST
These 4 Figures Now Have Something Big in Common
Dr. Fauci, George Clooney, Regina King, Selena Gomez are 'People' mag's 'People of the Year'
magazine has named George Clooney, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Selena Gomez, and Regina King as its 2020 "People of the Year." The magazine revealed its list Wednesday morning as part of a year-end double issue with four covers. The four will be celebrated for their positive impact in...
Clooney: Here's Why I Gave
14 Friends $1M Each
in case you missed it
Nov 21, 2020 9:47 AM CST
Clooney: Here's Why I Gave 14 Friends $1M Each
'I just thought basically if I get hit by a bus, they're all in the will'
- George Clooney is now a happily married man. But in 2013, when he thought he might remain a bachelor forever, his friends were his family—and he was very good to them. In an interview with
, which has named him its "Icon of the Year," the 59-year-old...
Saw Her at 19:
'Oh My God,
Who Is That?'
Aug 8, 2020 12:30 PM CDT
Ghislaine Maxwell Saw Her at 19: 'Oh My God, Who Is That?'
So says an old pal in the upcoming Lifetime docuseries, 'Surviving Jeffrey Epstein'
- The latest Ghislaine Maxwell tidbits are par for the course—allegations of sex and debauchery—but it's still hard to look away. In a docuseries about her time with Jeffrey Epstein, she apparently oohed and ahhed over the sight of 19-year-old Paris Hilton at a party in the early...
Clooney Reacts to
Child Labor Exposé
Feb 26, 2020 5:28 PM CST
Clooney Reacts to Nespresso-Linked Child Labor Exposé
'Clearly this board and this company still have work to do. And that work will be done'
- George Clooney has been Nespresso's brand ambassador since 2006, but after an investigation claimed to find six of the company's Guatemalan coffee suppliers use child labor, the actor is expressing regret. Per Deadline
and CNN , he says he joined Nespresso's sustainability advisory board seven years ago (along...
Fake George Clooney
Tracked Down in Thailand
Jun 17, 2019 6:18 PM CDT
Fake George Clooney Tracked Down in Thailand
- After six years on the run, an Italian man accused of impersonating actor George Clooney to sell a line of clothing has been arrested. After a surveillance operation that included the use of a drone, police surrounded a luxury villa in Pattaya, Thailand, where Francesco Galdelli, 58, and his wife,...
Clooney Calls for Boycott
of 2 Luxury Hotels in US
Mar 29, 2019 5:31 PM CDT
Clooney Calls for Boycott of 2 Luxury Hotels in US
They're owned by Brunei, which is imposing draconian penalties for adultery, gay sex
- The news was jarring: The small nation of Brunei plans to start stoning to death people who have gay sex or commit adultery. Now, George Clooney hopes to inflict some economic pain in the hope of getting sultan Hassanal Bolkiah to rescind the Sharia law punishments, reports the BBC . In...
Feb 15, 2019 8:09 AM CST
Hollywood A-Listers Revolt Against Oscars
Hundreds of big-name actors, directors, cinematographers slam Academy decision
- The backlash against the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences continues, and increasingly bigger names are joining the fray. After announcing that four awards would be bestowed during commercial breaks at the Feb. 24 Oscars, there was immediate pushback from those who said it was insulting to recipients in...
Hit by Car in Italy
Jul 10, 2018 10:05 AM CDT
George Clooney Hit by Car in Italy
Actor is 'fine,' escaped with only minor injuries, after collision on his motorbike
- George Clooney is "fine" but recovering after he was hit by a car in Sardinia on Tuesday. Clooney had departed his Costa Corallina hotel on what's variously described as a motorbike or scooter when he was hit by a car around 8:15am local time. Per CNN , Clooney—...
Fell In Love
Apr 11, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
How Amal and George Fell In Love
Clooneys both talk to 'Vogue' for profile of Amal
- Amal Clooney opens up about the early days of her relationship with her husband, George, in a new
cover story. She met the actor when she accompanied a friend to Clooney's house on Lake Como, Italy; he recalls that he not only found the acclaimed human rights attorney...
Clooneys Make Big Move
to Fight School Shootings
Feb 20, 2018 12:44 PM CST
Clooneys Make Big Move to Fight School Shootings
'Our children's lives depend on it'
- George and Amal Clooney are making a big move in the wake of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting: The celebrity couple is donating $500,000 to March For Our Lives , the Washington, DC, protest demanding gun control planned for next month by survivors of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas...
George Clooney's Latest Has
Dismal Opening Weekend
Oct 29, 2017 12:00 PM CDT
George Clooney's Latest Has Dismal Opening Weekend
Suburbicon only made $2.8M
- George Clooney's
notched one of the most dismal wide-release debuts in recent years on a sluggish pre-Halloween weekend where the horror sequel
topped all releases despite an underperforming debut, AP reports. According to studio estimates Sunday, the eighth
film landed at No. 1 with $16.3...
Is 'Tone-Deaf' Failure
Oct 27, 2017 8:53 AM CDT
Is 'Tone-Deaf' Failure
Critics call it 'shameful,' 'strikingly bad'
- You'd think only good fun could come from George Clooney directing Matt Damon in
. Apparently not so. The satire touching on murder, fraud, and also racism in 1950s suburbia has just a 29% rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes . Here's what they're saying.
Matt Damon on
Weinstein: I Only
Knew 'He Was
Oct 23, 2017 1:57 PM CDT
Matt Damon on Weinstein: I Only Knew 'He Was an A------'
George Clooney also speaks, plus more on the fallen producer
- Matt Damon and George Clooney continue to declare they were in the dark when it came to Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual misdeeds. On
Good Morning America
Monday to promote Clooney's new film,
, in which Damon stars, Damon said, "When people say like, 'Everybody knew,'...
Late-Night Hosts Weigh In
on Weinstein Scandal
Oct 10, 2017 3:30 AM CDT
Late-Night Hosts Weigh In on Weinstein Scandal
'NYT' denies 'gutting' Weinstein story in 2004
- Harvey Weinstein may have no future in Hollywood—but his sexual misconduct scandal is causing a lot of people to delve into the past. Amid questions over whether the producer's predatory behavior could have been halted a lot sooner,
New York Times
Executive Editor Dean Baquet has denied Sharon...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Henry Kissinger Dies at 100
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.