Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 61 - 80 |
Swalwell Suit: Trump Was
'Delighted' About Capitol Riot
Mar 5, 2021 10:45 AM CST
Swalwell Suit: Trump Was 'Delighted' About Capitol Riot
Congressman also names Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, Rep. Mo Brooks in complaint
- Fallout from the attack at the US Capitol continues, this time with a new lawsuit against Donald Trump from another Democratic congressman. Last month, a complaint was filed by the NAACP on behalf of Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi, claiming the former president—as well as lawyer Rudy Giuliani and...
Trump Is Now Facing a Lawsuit
Over the Capitol Attack
Feb 16, 2021 10:05 AM CST
Trump Is Now Facing a Lawsuit Over the Capitol Attack
Rep. Bennie Thompson and NAACP's suit also names Rudy Giuliani, white supremacist groups
- He was acquitted in his impeachment trial, but Donald Trump now faces threats from the courts in regard to the Capitol riot. On Tuesday, the first such threat from a member of Congress emerged in the form of a lawsuit by Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi, reports Politico . The...
2nd Voting Tech Company
Sues Fox, Giuliani
Feb 4, 2021 3:40 PM CST
2nd Voting Tech Company Sues Fox, Giuliani
Smartmatic also names Sidney Powell, and Fox hosts over claims of election fraud
- Smartmatic, a voting technology company dealing with fallout from false claims of election fraud, has sued Fox News, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and several Fox hosts for $2.7 billion. "We have no choice," said Antonio Mugica, the company's chief executive, CNN reports. "The disinformation campaign...
Bad News to
Jan 27, 2021 6:52 AM CST
YouTube Delivers Bad News to Trump, Giuliani
Site extends former president's suspension, as well as bars lawyer from monetization program
- If former President Trump had hoped to get one of his online megaphones back soon, he might have to cross YouTube off his list. As the last major social-media platform to suspend the former president, six days after the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, the site extended that ban last...
Dominion Goes After Giuliani
in Massive New $1.3B Lawsuit
Jan 25, 2021 9:21 AM CST
Dominion Goes After Giuliani in Massive New $1.3B Lawsuit
Trump attorney is latest to be hit with defamation complaint over false claims on voting machines
- Dominion Voting Systems isn't playing around. The election technology firm sued lawyer and Trump ally Sidney Powell in early January, followed by a threat to sue MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell , over false claims that its voting machines were rigged to shift votes from Donald Trump to Joe Biden. Now...
on Representing Trump
Jan 18, 2021 2:34 PM CST
Giuliani Backtracks on Representing Trump
He says being a 'witness' disqualifies him
- Rudy Giuliani—who called for "trial by combat" at the Trump rally that preceded the Capitol riot—won't be representing the president in his trial by Senate on a charge of inciting an insurrection. "Because I gave an earlier speech, I am a witness and therefore unable...
Giuliani Says He's Working
on Impeachment Defense
Jan 17, 2021 5:09 PM CST
Giuliani Says He's Working on Impeachment Defense
The Trump campaign says no decisions have been made regarding legal representation
- Despite reports that he’s on the outs with President Trump, Rudy Giuliani says he’s gearing up to defend the president in his historic second impeachment trial allegeding that he incited insurrection in Washington DC during a Jan. 6 rally. “I'm involved right now,” Giuliani told...
Trump May Be Having
Trouble With Legal Team
Jan 14, 2021 2:35 PM CST
Trump May Be Having Trouble With Legal Team
Reports of friction with Giuliani, struggles to line up lawyers for impeachment fight
- Is Rudy Giuliani on the outs with President Trump? Multiple reports suggest as much, asserting that the president has instructed aides to stop paying the fees of his personal attorney. The friction comes as Trump attempts to assemble a legal team to defend him in the Senate's impeachment trial....
Giuliani Could Be Expelled
From NY Bar Association
Jan 11, 2021 7:35 PM CST
Giuliani Could Be Expelled From NY Bar Association
'We cannot ... allow those intent on rending the fabric of our democracy to go unchecked'
- Rudy Giuliani is facing possible expulsion from the New York State Bar Association over incendiary remarks he made to President Trump's supporters before they violently stormed the US Capitol last week. The organization said Monday that it has opened an inquiry into whether Giuliani should remain a member. Its...
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump
Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Dec 23, 2020 8:33 AM CST
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Eric Coomer says he's had to go into hiding due to conspiracy theories about election 'rigging'
- A high-ranking employee for a company that provided election equipment and software in 28 states has been subjected to harassment and death threats so alarming that he was forced to go into hiding a week after the election. Now, Eric Coomer says he wants his life back, and he's...
Giuliani 'Better Than Ever' After
COVID, Heading to Georgia
Dec 10, 2020 9:25 AM CST
Giuliani 'Better Than Ever' After COVID, Heading to Georgia
Trump's lawyer thanks the president after being released from DC hospital
- Rudy Giuliani's Tuesday update that he was doing much better after being admitted to the hospital with COVID-19 now has a further update. The former New York City mayor, now a personal lawyer for President Trump, was spotted giving the thumbs-up as he left MedStar Georgetown University Hospital in...
Giuliani Updates the World
on His COVID Treatment
Dec 9, 2020 4:17 PM CST
Giuliani Updates the World on His COVID Treatment
Trump's personal lawyer says he's receiving a potent cocktail of experimental drugs
- Rudy Giuliani called into his own radio show Tuesday and revealed how his COVID-19 treatment is going—pretty well, it turns out. Speaking from his hospital room at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC, Giuliani said he's getting some of the same drugs that perked up President Trump: a...
Another Positive Test
Worries White House Staff
Dec 8, 2020 1:04 PM CST
Another Positive Test Worries White House Staff
Reports say attorney Jenna Ellis has coronavirus
- Jenna Ellis, a lawyer on President Trump's election team, is not the most popular person in the White House right now. She's told associates that she's tested positive for the coronavirus, Axios reports. CNN also reports that she tested positive. It's not clear when she got...
Giuliani Met for
10 Hours With
Now, a Shutdown
Dec 7, 2020 10:25 AM CST
Giuliani Met for 10 Hours With Ariz. Lawmakers. Now, a Shutdown
State House and Senate closed for the week after Trump lawyer tests positive for COVID-19
- Whether Rudy Giuliani brought down the house during his testimony last week on alleged election fraud is debatable—but he did succeed in shutting down the House, and the Senate, in Arizona after he tested positive Sunday for COVID-19. The
reports the state legislature is closing shop for...
What We Know
Dec 7, 2020 6:56 AM CST
What We Know About Giuliani's Coronavirus Diagnosis
Sources say he was showing symptoms; Trump campaign says not while traveling
- The Giuliani family has confirmed Rudy Giuliani does indeed have COVID-19 , and the
Wall Street Journal
reports that he has been admitted to a DC hospital. The former New York mayor and Trump's personal lawyer first retweeted President Trump's announcement, then posted his own tweet reading, "Thank...
Giuliani Has Tested Positive
for COVID-19, Trump Says
Dec 6, 2020 2:56 PM CST
Giuliani Has Tested Positive for COVID-19, Trump Says
'Get better soon Rudy, we will carry on,' Trump tweets
- President Trump tweeted Sunday that personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani has COVID-19. Giuliani "has tested positive for the China Virus," Trump wrote in a tweet that heaped praise on the former New York City mayor. "Get better soon Rudy, we will carry on!!!"
Judge: You Can Analyze
Those Voting Machines
Dec 6, 2020 1:35 PM CST
Judge: You Can Analyze Those Voting Machines
Rudy Giuliani calls it a 'big win,' but that might not be true
- A judge ruled Friday that forensic photos can be taken of Dominion vote tabulation machines in one Michigan county, a move hailed by Rudy Giuliani—although it's unrelated to the presidential election, the
reports. The judge said a voter had complained about three ballots allegedly being ignored...
Goes to Town
on Giuliani's Hearing
Dec 6, 2020 7:51 AM CST
Goes to Town on Giuliani's Hearing
A 9-minute parade of witnesses spoofing Michigan circus
- Kate McKinnon's Rudy Giuliani returned again to
Saturday Night Live
to romp through what Mashable calls a "fart-filled election hearing" in Michigan that blurs the line with reality. McKinnon trotted out witnesses including Cecily Strong as "barely intoxicated" Dominion Voting Systems IT contractor Melissa Carone who told...
Giuliani Dismisses Report
About a Pardon as 'Lies'
Dec 1, 2020 1:15 PM CST
Giuliani Dismisses Report About a Pardon as 'Lies'
Article said Trump and his lawyer discussed the possibility
- Rudy Giuliani dismissed a
New York Times
report Tuesday that he had talked with President Trump about receiving a pardon. "#FakeNews NYT lies again," Giuliani wrote on Twitter . "Never had the discussion they falsely attribute to an anonymous source. Hard to keep up with all their lies....
Trump to Pa. Lawmakers: 'We
Have to Turn the Election Over'
Nov 25, 2020 3:16 PM CST
Trump to Pa. Lawmakers: 'We Have to Turn the Election Over'
He canceled trip after adviser tested positive
- President Trump on Wednesday called off his first trip outside Washington, DC, since the election after a campaign adviser tested positive for COVID-19. The president had not officially confirmed that he would be attending the event at a Gettysburg, Pa., hotel with attorney Rudy Giuliani and state Republican lawmakers, but...
Stories 61 - 80 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.