Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
for This Goldman
Oct 19, 2023 11:06 AM CDT
DJing Days for This Goldman Sachs Bigwig Are Kaput
CEO David Solomon turned off the turntables on his side hustle over a year ago, per a spokesperson
- If you've been to Lollapalooza or events in the Hamptons over the past few years, you may have been treated to the record-spinning skills of "DJ D-Sol"—the stage name of Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon, who picked up the "unusual pastime for Wall Street" more...
Goldman Sachs Reports
66% Fall in Profit
Jan 17, 2023 3:49 PM CST
Goldman Sachs Reports 66% Fall in Profit
Dow drops 392 points
- Major US indexes closed mixed on Wall Street at the beginning of a holiday-shortened, but earnings-heavy week. The S&P 500 fell 8.12 points, or 0.2%, to 3,990.97. The Nasdaq rose 15.96 points, or 0.1%, to 11,095.11. The Dow Jones Industrial Average...
Exodus From Russia Now
Includes Wall Street Banks
Mar 10, 2022 9:50 AM CST
Exodus From Russia Now Includes Wall Street Banks
Goldman Sachs is first to make the move
- Another financial shot to Russia: Goldman Sachs on Thursday became the first major Wall Street bank to pull out of the nation since the invasion of Ukraine, reports NPR . It's a sign of the increasing economic isolation being imposed on Moscow by the West, though CNBC describes US banking...
Holiday Shoppers May Not
Like Goldman Sachs' Forecast
Nov 16, 2021 9:27 AM CST
Holiday Shoppers May Not Like Goldman Sachs' Forecast
Inflation expected to get worse through the winter before settling down next year
- Goldman Sachs is out with its economic forecast for the coming year, and it may not please people hoping for a quick end to surging prices before the holiday shopping season. Highlights:
"The current inflation surge will get worse this winter before it gets better," says the
'This Is Our Lazarus Moment':
Ozy Reverses Closure Decision
Oct 4, 2021 9:50 AM CDT
'This Is Our Lazarus Moment': Ozy Reverses Closure Decision
Carlos Watson said the change of heart came after weekend discussions
- A new twist in the rise and fall of Ozy Media : an attempt to rise again. After the company's board on Friday announced Ozy was immediately shuttering following bombshell reporting from Ben Smith at the
New York Times
, Ozy CEO Carlos Watson told the
show on Monday that...
Oct 2, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Ozy Makes Announcement With 'Heaviest of Hearts'
Digital media company is shutting down after week of bombshell reports, controversies
A "strange chapter" in the media world has come to a close. That's per the
New York Times
, which reports that Ozy Media, the digital media firm it had dropped a bombshell report on earlier in the week, is shuttering. "It is ... with the heaviest of...
Institutes a Big
Aug 3, 2021 3:01 AM CDT
Goldman Sachs Institutes a Big Pay Increase
Entry-level bankers are getting a raise of almost 30%
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup Inc., Morgan Stanley, UBS Group AG, and Deutsche Bank AG were the first to raise salaries for junior bankers—but now that Goldman Sachs has caught up and made the same move, its starting salaries are the highest of the group, the
Wall Street Journal
Morgan Stanley to
Bar the Unvaccinated
Jun 23, 2021 7:22 AM CDT
Morgan Stanley to Bar the Unvaccinated
Only fully vaccinated people will be allowed inside New York offices starting July 12
- Investment bank Morgan Stanley plans to lift mask and physical distancing requirements in its offices next month, but only after banning unvaccinated workers, clients, and visitors. The company told its workforce on Tuesday that employees and clients who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be unable to return to...
Buyer of Epstein's $51M
NYC Mansion Revealed
Mar 17, 2021 8:38 AM CDT
Buyer of Epstein's $51M NYC Mansion Revealed
Retired Goldman Sachs exec Michael Daffey will move in
- A veteran Goldman Sachs trader gave himself quite the retirement present, partly courtesy of an early investment in Bitcoin. Michael Daffey, who worked at the firm for 28 years before retiring this month as chairman of the global markets division, has been revealed as the mystery buyer who paid $51...
Goldman Sachs Has New
Font, With a Weird Catch
Jun 26, 2020 5:30 PM CDT
Goldman Sachs Has New Font, With a Weird Catch
License says you can't criticize company using the new Goldman Sans typeface
- Much as the first rule of Fight Club is not to talk about Fight Club, the first rule of using the new Goldman Sachs font is ... not to talk about Goldman Sachs disparagingly using the Goldman Sachs font. Per the Verge , the new "Goldman Sans" typeface can be used...
His Profane Tweets About
the Apple Card Went Viral
Nov 11, 2019 12:10 PM CST
His Profane Tweets About the Apple Card Went Viral
And are leading to a probe of Goldman Sachs' credit card practices
- David Heinemeier Hansson says his wife has the superior credit score. They file their taxes jointly. And while the tech entrepreneur didn't provide any other personal financial information, he did disclose an alleged financial injustice on Thursday. In a series of tweets that have continued through Monday, the Ruby...
The Apple Card Is Here
Aug 6, 2019 12:05 PM CDT
The Apple Card Is Here
Apple's credit card debuts
- Hundreds of thousands of people signed up to be the first to hear when Apple would release its first credit card. Five months later that card is out, but it's not yet available to all. A limited number of those people were randomly selected by the company to get...
Tragic End for Man
Accused of Stealing
Oct 10, 2018 10:30 AM CDT
Tragic End for Man Accused of Stealing Goldman Sachs Exec's Wine
Former personal assistant to David Solomon jumped to his death same day he was due in court
- The former Goldman Sachs personal assistant accused of stealing $1.2 million worth of wine from his boss leaped to his death from a Manhattan hotel Tuesday, the
New York Times
reports. Nicolas De-Meyer had been scheduled to appear in federal court at 2:30pm that day on a criminal...
Next CEO Has a
Mar 13, 2018 7:35 AM CDT
Goldman Sachs' Next CEO Has a Surprising Hobby
Co-president David Solomon likes to spin sick beats
- One of Goldman Sachs' co-presidents, a part-time DJ, is set for promotion, while the other, a karate black belt, is packing his bags. Harvey Schwartz, appointed co-president when Gary Cohn left for the White House in December 2016, will leave the firm after its board of directors chose fellow co-president...
$1.2M in Wine Allegedly Stolen
by Someone Exec Trusted
Jan 18, 2018 7:00 AM CST
$1.2M in Wine Allegedly Stolen by Someone Exec Trusted
Indictment alleges personal assistant swiped wine from Goldman Sachs' co-president
- It sounds like a good gig: working as the personal assistant for—and managing the stunning wine collection of—the No. 2 man at Goldman Sachs. But as the
New York Times
reports, Nicolas De-Meyer allegedly turned a good thing bad. Per an indictment unsealed Wednesday in Manhattan federal court,...
Rubio on Tax Bill: We 'Probably
Went Too Far' in Helping Firms
Dec 30, 2017 6:07 AM CST
Rubio on Tax Bill: We 'Probably Went Too Far' in Helping Firms
Though he says he thinks Americans will still be all for the bill once they see their paychecks boosted
- One of the facets of the GOP tax bill now signed into law is the tax break given to corporations, with the rate lowered from 35% to 21% . But Goldman Sachs says it won't capitalize as much as everyone thinks from the new bill, noting it will take a...
Jul 13, 2017 1:58 PM CDT
After Uproar, House Will 'Modernize' Dress Code
Critics say it's only selectively enforced
- After some uproar about how the House of Representatives enforces its dress code, Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday he and the House sergeant-at-arms will work to update it. The dress code calls for professional attire in the House chamber and the Speaker's lobby, and some female journalists have recently...
Jun 13, 2017 11:37 AM CDT
Bank CEOs Fooled by Notorious Email Prankster
No sensitive information was shared
- Falling for a phishing scam is bad. Falling for a phishing scam when you're the CEO of a major bank, well, that's worse—and the unfortunate reality for Goldman Sachs' Lloyd Blankfein and Citigroup's Michael Corbat. The unsuspecting chief executives, along with Citigroup consumer-banking chief Stephen Bird,...
Mar 3, 2017 5:39 PM CST
5 Best, 5 Worst Company Reputations
- Congrats, Amazon. The company has the best reputation among American consumers, according to 24/7 Wall St. , which lists the companies with the best and worst reputations based on the 2017 Harris Poll and American Customer Satisfaction Index. The top five in each category, with a reputation score out of 100:...
Will Pay $5B
Apr 11, 2016 10:39 AM CDT
Goldman Sachs Will Pay $5B Over Sketchy Mortgages
Time to pay the piper for the crash
- The Justice Department announced a $5 billion settlement with Goldman Sachs over the sale of mortgage-backed securities leading up to the 2008 financial crisis, reports the AP . The deal announced Monday resolves state and federal probes into the sale of shoddy mortgages before the housing bubble and economic meltdown; Reuters...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.