Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Wanted to Open a Prince
Museum, Holds Auction Instead
Nov 14, 2023 10:30 AM CST
Man Wanted to Open a Prince Museum, Holds Auction Instead
Pieces of late singer's wardrobe, other memorabilia are up for sale after museum idea is ditched
- Fans of Prince, who was known nearly as much for his extravagant wardrobe as for his chart-topping hits, will have a chance to bid on some of the late musician's sartorial splendor in an online auction this week. The collection, including more than 200 lots up for sale, was...
Photographer Wins Her Case
Against Andy Warhol
May 18, 2023 2:12 PM CDT
Photographer Wins Her Case Against Andy Warhol
Supreme Court decides he violated copyright when he made portraits of Prince based on a photograph
- The Supreme Court has ruled against the late Andy Warhol in a case involving portraits he made of Prince back in the 1980s. The copyright decision split along unusual lines, with Sonia Sotomayor writing the majority opinion and Elena Kagan the dissent. The majority ruled that Warhol, who died in...
May 9, 2023 2:11 PM CDT
Now You Can Drive on Prince's Highway
Minnesota honors its beloved late icon
- The late pop superstar Prince is being honored in Minnesota as the state renames a seven-mile stretch of highway that runs past his Paisley Park recording studios. Minnesota Gov. Tim Waz used purple ink on Tuesday to sign the bill that dedicates the roadway formerly known as Minnesota Highway 5...
Jolie Tipped Off Photog
for First Brangelina Scoop
Sep 8, 2022 9:20 AM CDT
Jolie Tipped Off Photog for First Brangelina Scoop
'Rolling Stone' co-founder Jann Wenner dishes celebrity tales in memoir out Tuesday
co-founder Jann Wenner has a lot of celebrity anecdotes—some of which he's exposing in an upcoming memoir. Perhaps the juiciest tidbit to come out of
Like a Rolling Stone
involves the 2000s love triangle that was Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie. Wenner, who formerly...
6-Year Fight Over
Prince's Estate Is Resolved
Aug 3, 2022 11:55 AM CDT
6-Year Fight Over Prince's Estate Is Resolved
Estate is split down the middle, but there are more than 2 parties involved
- Prince died without a will in 2016, and it has taken six years to figure out how to divvy up his $156 million estate . With no children or spouse, the musician's legal heirs were determined to be his six half siblings.
reports three of them went on to...
Minnesota Station: We Found
Interview With Prince at Age 11
Apr 4, 2022 2:46 PM CDT
Minnesota Station: We Found Interview With Prince at Age 11
He was interviewed about a teachers' strike
- Minnesota TV station WCCO has unearthed a gem in old footage sure to please fans of Prince. The station says 1970 coverage of a local teachers' strike features an interview with the future musician at the ripe old age of 11. You can watch for yourself here . The boy is...
The Number Is
In on Worth of
and It's Huge
Jan 17, 2022 10:00 AM CST
The Number Is In on Worth of Prince's Estate, and It's Huge
Final valuation comes in at $156.4M, about double what estate's administrator originally estimated
- The administrator of Prince's estate had once estimated its value at $82.3 million. The Internal Revenue Service said it thought the real number was double that. Now, nearly six years after the legal fight over the late singer's estate began, a final figure has been arrived at,...
Prince's Memoir Slights
Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry
Oct 29, 2019 9:25 AM CDT
Prince's Memoir Slights Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry
'It's hard to imagine anyone being disappointed'
- Prince had high hopes for his autobiography, begun three months before his April 2016 death . "Could it solve racism?" the musician is quoted as asking the writer he recruited to work with him on the project. Dan Piepenbring tells the BBC that Prince "saw the book as a...
Prince Heirs Blame Hospital,
Pharmacists for Death
Apr 24, 2018 1:24 AM CDT
Prince Heirs Blame Hospital, Pharmacists for Death
Lawsuit claims overdose wasn't properly treated
- Prince's heirs have sued Walgreens and the Illinois hospital that treated the music superstar after he suffered from an opioid overdose, alleging that a doctor and various pharmacists failed to provide Prince with reasonable care, contributing to his death. The wrongful-death lawsuit alleges a doctor and pharmacist at Trinity...
Sinead Made the Song Famous.
Now, Prince's Studio Version
Apr 21, 2018 9:00 AM CDT
Sinead Made the Song Famous. Now, Prince's Studio Version
Previously unseen 1984 video of Prince performing 'Nothing Compares 2 U' is making the rounds
- Prince died two years ago Saturday, and a bittersweet memento of the beloved rock star has now emerged. CNN reports on a newly released video of previously unseen footage, shot in 1984 in a warehouse in Eden Prairie, Minn., showing Prince's original studio version of "Nothing Compares 2...
Prince's Death Investigation
Ends With a Fizzle
Apr 19, 2018 12:28 PM CDT
Prince's Death Investigation Ends With a Fizzle
'We simply do not have sufficient evidence to charge anyone'
- Prince suffered a fatal overdose in 2016 when he took fentanyl pills that were disguised as prescription Vicodin tablets. But after a two-year investigation, authorities in Minnesota say they haven't been able to uncover who provided the counterfeit pills and thus will not be filing criminal charges, reports the...
Prince's $200M Estate
Apr 15, 2018 4:30 PM CDT
Prince's $200M Estate Remains Untouched
No one has yet gotten a piece of the late entertainer's millions
- As the second anniversary of Prince's death approaches, his heirs have yet to collect a dollar of his estimated $200 million estate. Per the AP , bankers, lawyers, and consultants have earned millions from it. The long saga to settle the estate provides a cautionary tale about dying without a...
Report: Prince Had
Level of Drug
in His System
Mar 27, 2018 12:48 AM CDT
Report: Prince Had 'Exceedingly High' Level of Drug in His System
Experts say it is obvious that fentanyl killed him
- A toxicology report from Prince's autopsy obtained Monday by the AP shows he had what multiple experts called an "exceedingly high" concentration of fentanyl in his body when he died. Prince was 57 when he was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate...
Timberlake's Halftime Show
Includes Selfie in the Stands
Feb 4, 2018 8:17 PM CST
Timberlake's Halftime Show Includes Selfie in the Stands
But no Prince hologram, as rumored
- Justin Timberlake paid tribute to Prince during his Super Bowl halftime performance with a cover of "I Will Die 4 U," but there was no hologram of the late superstar. Instead, Timberlake sang as footage of Prince projected onto a long screen in the middle of the stadium,...
Oct 31, 2017 8:33 AM CDT
This Year's Top-Earning Dead Celebs
Michael Jackson earned $75M in last 12 months: 'Forbes'
- Celebrities aren't any less mortal than the rest of us, but their earning power can be.
takes a look at the highest-paid dead celebrities of the past year, measuring pretax income as of Oct. 15. Among those included is a celeb who died this month—and another who...
for Looking Up
Prince's Medical Records
Oct 23, 2017 3:56 PM CDT
Pharmacists Busted for Looking Up Prince's Medical Records
The three Indiana pharmacists tried to access the late musician's records separately
- Three Indiana pharmacists have been reprimanded by state regulators for trying to access Prince's medical records within days of the music superstar's death last year, AP reports. The Indiana Board of Pharmacy issued letters of reprimand in the last three months and imposed penalties on the three after...
Get Some Ice Water for the
Sexiest Music Video Ever
Sep 27, 2017 12:55 PM CDT
Get Some Ice Water for the Sexiest Music Video Ever
We forgot how steamy "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak was
- Sex on the beach, a gyrating half-naked Prince, and what amounts to a mostly clothed orgy. These are just some of the sights in the sexiest music videos of all time, according to
. The top five:
Prince's Signature Hue
Gets Official Stamp
Aug 14, 2017 3:55 PM CDT
Prince's Signature Hue Gets Official Stamp from Pantone
Love Symbol #2 was developed by his estate with the color institute
- The Purple One’s love for a certain color is being honored with a new hue developed by the Pantone Color Institute in collaboration with his estate. According to Pitchfork , the shade “Love Symbol #2” was named after the trademark symbol Prince developed in the ‘90s, while the...
John Blackwell Jr.
Dies at 43
Jul 5, 2017 1:47 AM CDT
Prince Drummer John Blackwell Jr. Dies at 43
'One of the best to ever pick up drumsticks'
- More sad new for Prince fans: John Blackwell Jr., a drummer who played with Prince for 15 years, has died at the age of 43. In an Instagram post Tuesday, wife Yaritza said Blackwell had died peacefully in her company, TMZ reports. Blackwell was diagnosed with two brain tumors last...
Judge Finally Names
Prince's 6 Heirs
May 20, 2017 5:30 AM CDT
Judge Finally Names Prince's 6 Heirs
His estate is worth an estimated $200M
- A judge confirmed Prince's six siblings to be his rightful heirs in a ruling released Friday, bringing them a big step closer to collecting their shares of the music legend's multimillion-dollar estate. Carver County District Judge Kevin Eide formally declared that Prince died April 21, 2016, without a...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
Evert Reveals 'Diagnosis I Never Wanted to Hear'
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.