Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Newsmax Viewership Triples
in Carlson's Old Timeslot
Apr 28, 2023 9:18 AM CDT
Newsmax Viewership Triples in Carlson's Old Timeslot
MSNBC steals Fox's ratings title in 8pm ET hour
- Viewers who flocked to Fox News to watch Tucker Carlson in the 8pm ET hour appear to now be looking elsewhere.
Fox News Tonight
with Brian Kilmeade drew just 1.33 million viewers Wednesday night—down from 2.59 million on Monday and 1.7 million on Tuesday—topped by...
DeSantis Boycotts NBC Over
Andrea Mitchell's 'Blatant Lie'
Feb 23, 2023 7:53 AM CST
DeSantis Boycotts NBC Over Andrea Mitchell's 'Blatant Lie'
Florida governor's office says he won't work with NBC, affiliates until Andrea Mitchell apologizes
- Ron DeSantis is fielding multiple apologies these days, but he's not buying at least one of them. The Florida governor has taken a lot of heat over his opposition to content in the College Board's new AP African-American course—and his threats to quash it , and all AP...
Nov 4, 2022 4:45 PM CDT
MSNBC Drops Tiffany Cross
Network doesn't renew contract for 'The Cross Connection' host
- MSNBC has not said who will host the last two hours of every Saturday morning on the network, but it will no longer be Tiffany Cross.
The Cross Connection
host is leaving the network,
reports. Executives told the commentary program's production staff Friday but made no public comment...
Maddow Announces Big Shift:
'We Will See How Things Go'
Apr 12, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Maddow Announces Big Shift: 'We Will See How Things Go'
She'll be hosting her MSNBC program on Mondays only starting in May
- Rachel Maddow will be sticking with her MSNBC program for the near future, but viewers hoping to see her return more fully to it are in for some disappointment. The 49-year-old host has been on a two-month hiatus from
The Rachel Maddow Show
, which airs each weeknight at 9pm ET,...
Poised to Make
Out of WH
Apr 1, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Psaki Finally Poised to Make Big Move Out of WH
Press secretary may leave as soon as May and jump over to MSNBC, reports say
- Since Jen Psaki started her job as White House press secretary in January 2021, it's been unclear exactly how long she planned to stay in the role. At first she said she'd stay about a year, then last June she noted there was some "flexibility" on that...
Is at Hand
Dec 9, 2021 7:30 PM CST
Brian Williams' 11th Hour on MSNBC Is at Hand
Anchor will host his final show for the network tonight
- Brian Williams has been on MSNBC as long as the cable news network has been in business—since 1996. That will end Thursday when the host bids goodbye at the end of
the 11th Hour
, his nightly program, CNN reports, as the clock strikes midnight EST. Williams announced last month...
Judge Locks MSNBC Out
of Kenosha Courthouse
Nov 18, 2021 4:34 PM CST
Judge Locks MSNBC Out of Kenosha Courthouse
Freelancer may have been following jury's van
- While the jury in the Kyle Rittenhouse homicide trial is deliberating, the judge decided to bar MSNBC crews from the Wisconsin courthouse. The order followed reports that a network freelancer may have been following a bus carrying jurors, Fox News reports. Judge Bruce Schroeder said Thursday that the freelancer was...
Oct 7, 2021 9:45 AM CDT
Rachel Maddow Explains Her Neck Bandage
MSNBC host reveals skin cancer diagnosis and treatment
- It hasn't been an easy year on Rachel Maddow. Last November, the MSNBC host warned viewers to limit travel, saying COVID-19 nearly killed her longtime partner . Now, she's warning people to get checked over by their doctors after her own diagnosis with skin cancer. On Wednesday's episode...
Cops Arrest Guy
Who Allegedly Accosted
Reporter During Hurricane
Sep 3, 2021 2:02 AM CDT
Cops Arrest Guy Who Allegedly Accosted Reporter During Hurricane
Benjamin Dagley may have violated Ohio probation
The guy suspected of accosting an MSNBC journalist while he reported on Hurricane Ida has been arrested. Police located the truck belonging to Benjamin Dagley in a Dayton, Ohio, parking lot Thursday morning, and the 54-year-old was arrested as he exited a nearby store, CBS News reports. "This...
Journalist Accosted While
Reporting on Hurricane
Aug 30, 2021 4:16 PM CDT
Journalist Accosted While Reporting on Hurricane
Shaquille Brewster was fine after being interrupted by an irate heckler
- Shaquille Brewster was in Gulfport, Mississippi, reporting on the aftermath of Hurricane Ida for MSNBC. Craig Melvin, cozy in a studio somewhere asked him what he was seeing. Video shows him reporting that mail delivery had resumed while wind and rain persisted, when an apparently very upset man runs up...
Maddow Has Apparently Made
Decision on Her Next Move
Aug 23, 2021 7:31 AM CDT
Maddow Has Apparently Made Decision on Her Next Move
Popular primetime host reportedly signs deal to stick around MSNBC for at least a few more years
- Looks like we can now put to rest those whispers of Rachel Maddow ditching MSNBC . The cable channel's "most popular primetime anchor" is reportedly sticking around for at least a few more years, per Insider . Sources tell that outlet, as well as the
New York Times
Nielsen Tallies Up
Apr 23, 2021 7:25 AM CDT
Nielsen Tallies Up Viewership for Chauvin Verdict
At least 23.2M Americans were watching
- At least 23.2 million Americans watched on television this week as former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was convicted of murder and manslaughter in the death of George Floyd, per the AP . The Nielsen company's estimate came from viewership figures on 11 different networks that carried Tuesday's...
Mar 23, 2021 4:21 PM CDT
Without Trump, Audiences Shrink
After setting records, fewer are watching and reading news lately
- Cable news networks are starting to feel the absence of Trump drama. Ratings climbed for President Trump's second impeachment trial, but they've dropped dramatically since then,
reports. CNN has been hit hardest, with the prime-time shows of Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper down 32% in the last...
Rashida Jones Is
MSNBC's New President
Dec 7, 2020 6:33 PM CST
Rashida Jones Is MSNBC's New President
Phil Griffin is 'hanging up his cleats'
- After guiding MSNBC through the Obama and Trump administrations, Phil Griffin won't be there for the Biden years. The cable news network says the 64-year-old, who started out at NBC News 35 years ago and has been with MSNBC since it launched in 1996, will be stepping down Feb....
CNN Ratings Soar, Top Fox
in Coveted Demographic
Dec 2, 2020 6:15 PM CST
CNN Ratings Soar, Top Fox in Coveted Demographic
Both networks have their best-ever November numbers
- The 2020 election didn't just inspire a record-setting number of votes—it also had America glued to the news. CNN and Fox News reaped the most benefits, with CNN dominating the coveted age demographic of 25 to 54 in November and raising its overall viewership by 135% compared to...
Has a Plea
Nov 20, 2020 11:11 AM CST
Rachel Maddow Has a Plea After Partner's Close Call
She wants people to skip Thanksgiving travel because of COVID
- Viewers knew Rachel Maddow had contact with someone with COVID-19, hence her two-week quarantine beginning Nov. 6. But until Maddow's return to MSNBC on Thursday, they didn't know just how close that contact was. Broadcasting live from home, Maddow told viewers that "the center of my universe,...
He Wore Gap
Khakis On the Air.
Nov 13, 2020 4:53 PM CST
He Wore Gap Khakis On the Air. Now Everyone Wants Them
MSNBC correspondent Steve Kornacki's election week outfit is driving online sales
- They call him the "Map Daddy," but Steve Kornacki may soon see his nickname change to the "Gap Daddy." The MSNBC political correspondent went viral in some circles during election week not only with his nerdy explainers on electoral math, but also with an outfit that...
NBC Reporter Swears
on Air, Blames #2020
Nov 10, 2020 6:24 PM CST
NBC Reporter Swears on Air, Blames #2020
Ken Dilanian says he had technical difficulties
- When NBC correspondent Ken Dilanian started swearing during a live segment Tuesday, some viewers initially thought he had shocking news to share. "Oh s---. F---," Dilanian said after MSNBC host Craig Melvin asked him to deliver some breaking news. Deadline reports that Melvin remained "poker faced" as...
I'm Going Into
Nov 7, 2020 9:00 AM CST
Rachel Maddow: I'm Going Into Quarantine
MSNBC host will self-isolate at home after 'close contact' is infected with COVID
- Don't go looking for MSNBC's most-watched anchor for the immediate future. Rachel Maddow has announced that she'll be off the air for a little while as she quarantines after a "close contact" tested positive for COVID-19, reports
. "Everything happens, all at once,"...
Black Female Host Infiltrates
'Universe of White Men'
Jul 9, 2020 10:24 AM CDT
Black Female Host Infiltrates 'Universe of White Men'
Joy Reid to anchor nightly show 'The ReidOut' on MSNBC, sliding into Chris Matthews' 'Hardball' slot
- MSNBC's Joy Reid is moving from her weekend show to a coveted weeknight slot once occupied by Chris Matthews. The 51-year-old host of
will now anchor
, taking the nightly 7pm space where Matthews'
lived. That makes Reid just one of a few Black women...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
She Had a Day Job as a Baker. Then Came 'Mr. Big Stuff'
Here's Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year for 2023
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.