Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Kate, William Ignore
Dec 1, 2023 11:14 AM CST
Kate, William Ignore Questions on
'Did you watch the Piers Morgan show last night, Your Royal Highnesses?'
- The Prince and Princess of Wales brushed off reporters' questions about alleged racist remarks when they arrived at a glitzy London event Thursday night. A day earlier, Piers Morgan told viewers that in the Dutch translation of journalist Omid Scobie's book
, King Charles III and Princess Kate were...
Morgan Names Royals Who
Made Alleged Racist Comments
Nov 30, 2023 8:19 AM CST
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Book says King Charles, Kate Middleton made remark on skin color of Harry, Meghan's unborn son
- More than two years ago, Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, made reference during an interview with Oprah Winfrey about "concerns and conversations" with the royal family about how dark the skin of their then-unborn son Archie would be when he emerged, fueling plenty of rumors about who...
In Part of England, the King
Profits From People's Deaths
Nov 23, 2023 1:57 PM CST
In Part of England, the King Profits From People's Deaths
Monarch's property estate receives funds from those who die without wills, next of kin
- The deaths of thousands of people in parts of England have increased the personal wealth of King Charles III, according to a
investigation that might persuade many people—especially those opposed to the monarchy—to write wills. In most of England and Wales, the assets of people who die...
Kate Middleton's Tiara
Had Royal Fans Gawking
Nov 22, 2023 11:01 AM CST
Kate Middleton's Tiara Had Royal Fans Gawking
It hasn't been seen in public since the 1930s
- The British royals welcomed South Korea's president and first lady to Buckingham Palace on Tuesday night, but some royal watchers had their eyes trained on Kate Middleton—or, more precisely, the top of her head. Page Six reports the Princess of Wales donned the Strathmore Rose Tiara, which was...
He's the First
Jailed for Treason
in the UK in 40 Years
Oct 5, 2023 12:45 PM CDT
He's the First Jailed for Treason in the UK in 40 Years
Jaswant Singh Chail, who sought to kill the queen, will remain in a hospital for now
- A young man who plotted to assassinate members of the British royal family as revenge for a century-old massacre by British troops was handed nine years in prison Tuesday in what the BBC reports is the UK's "first treason case for 40 years." A masked Jaswant Singh...
A Find Like This Comes
'Once in a Generation'
in case you missed it
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 AM CDT
A Find Like This Comes 'Once in a Generation'
Long-lost work by old master Artemisia Gentileschi rediscovered in palace storage
- England's King Charles I owned seven paintings by Artemisia Gentileschi, a 17th-century Italian artist born to a father who associated with the famous realist painter Caravaggio. She is now considered "one of the finest artists of her era, up there with Caravaggio," per
, but unfortunately for...
Queen Camilla Proves
Table Tennis Isn't Her Thing
Sep 22, 2023 7:56 AM CDT
Queen Camilla Proves Table Tennis Isn't Her Thing
French first lady Brigitte Macron didn't do too well, either, in her match against King Charles III's wife
- The British royals have historically been known for their hunting, polo, and horseback-riding skills. Not typically on that list of specialties: table tennis, though Queen Camilla did her darnedest Thursday as she faced off against France's first lady. The
notes that Camilla and her husband, King Charles III,...
On Anniversary of Death, King
Shares Unreleased Queen Pic
Sep 8, 2023 10:59 AM CDT
On Anniversary of Death, King Shares Unreleased Queen Pic
Charles III, Queen Camilla also held prayer service for Elizabeth II near Balmoral
- Friday marks one year since the death of Queen Elizabeth II , and the royal family has circulated a never-before-released portrait of the late monarch in commemoration. "We recall with great affection her long life, devoted service, and all she meant to so many of us," King Charles III...
an Elaborate Day
for King Charles
Jul 5, 2023 7:46 AM CDT
In Scotland, an Elaborate Day for King Charles
He'll be presented with the Scottish crown jewels
- Two months after the lavish coronation of King Charles III at Westminster Abbey in London, Scotland is set to host its own event to mark the new monarch's accession to the throne. While Charles and Queen Camilla won't be crowned a second time Wednesday in Edinburgh, the festivities...
In Video, Soldier Who Fainted
Tries to Keep Playing Trombone
Jun 12, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
In Video, Soldier Who Fainted Tries to Keep Playing Trombone
2 others also fainted while rehearsing for King Charles' birthday celebration
- As soldiers rehearsed in London Saturday for King Charles' upcoming birthday parade, one of them fainted—but got back up and tried to continue playing the trombone. He was soon escorted away to get checked out,
reports. The Massed Bands of the Household Division will perform next weekend at...
Takes on Those
Jun 7, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Prince Harry Takes on Those Rumors About His Parentage
Calls the rumors about James Hewitt 'hurtful, mean, and cruel'
- In a witness statement released Tuesday as Prince Harry testified in London's High Court , the Duke of Sussex addressed longstanding rumors that King Charles III is not his biological father. "Numerous newspapers had reported a rumor that my biological father was James Hewitt, a man my mother had...
Meet Dame Jacinda
Jun 5, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Meet Dame Jacinda
Former New Zealand PM given one of nation's highest honors
- You might remember her as the youngest prime minster New Zealand has ever seen; who picked up the state house phone herself when a journalist called to ask how to pronounce her name; who became only the second world leader to give birth in office ; who won global praise for...
May 23, 2023 6:09 AM CDT
Harry Loses Lawsuit Over UK Security
Royal sued for the right to pay for police protection while he's in Britain, court wasn't having it
- A London judge ruled Tuesday against Prince Harry in his efforts to pay for police protection when he visits Britain, reports the AP . A High Court judge rejected the Duke of Sussex’s assertion that the British government exceeded its authority when it denied him the right to hire police...
At Trial, Harry
Gets an Apology
From an Old
May 10, 2023 11:25 AM CDT
At Trial, Harry Gets an Apology From an Old Nemesis
'Mirror' publisher acknowledges unlawful info-gathering at outset of trial, the first of 3
- The publisher of the
British tabloid acknowledged and apologized Wednesday for unlawfully gathering information on Prince Harry, saying at the outset of a trial over one of his phone hacking lawsuits that the prince was due "appropriate compensation." The admission of snooping for a 2004 article...
King Charles III Notches
a First at Coronation
May 6, 2023 7:08 AM CDT
King Charles III Notches a First at Coronation
No other UK monarch has prayed aloud at their own crowning ceremony before
- It was an event decades in the making. King Charles III was crowned Saturday in a ceremony rife with pageantry, using a blueprint that "has stayed much the same for more than 1,000 years," notes CNN . After a procession in a golden carriage to Westminster Abbey, the...
King Charles III Had One Last
Surprise Before Coronation
May 5, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
King Charles III Had One Last Surprise Before Coronation
Monarch shows up Friday for meet-and-greet outside Buckingham Palace, day before crowning
- King Charles III surprised a crowd of fans on Friday who'd begun gathering ahead of his coronation, assembled outside London's Buckingham Palace. The king; his eldest son, Prince William; and daughter-in-law, Kate, stopped for a walkabout to shake hands and speak briefly with the adoring throng, reports the...
Risks Wrath of
May 5, 2023 8:45 AM CDT
One Coronation Crown Jewel Risks Wrath of Prince William
Rod Camilla will hold would go against his anti-ivory stance; plus, other crown jewel controversies
- The royal family will be pulling out all the stops for King Charles III's coronation on Saturday, including showing off the revered crown jewels, the gems and other ceremonial objects that are dusted off for crownings of sovereigns and their consorts.
Town & Country
notes the regalia isn't...
First 'Comprehensive Audit'
of King's Wealth Unveiled
Apr 20, 2023 10:10 AM CDT
First 'Comprehensive Audit' of King's Wealth Unveiled
Spokesperson calls figures from 'Guardian' a mix of 'speculation, assumption, and inaccuracy'
- While he's not in the same league of wealth as the king of Saudi Arabia, the sultan of Brunei, or even the Prince of Liechtenstein, Britain's King Charles III has inherited assets that have inflated his net worth to well over $2 billion, according to the
Charles' Coronation Ride
Has AC, Electric Windows
Apr 10, 2023 2:35 PM CDT
Charles' Coronation Ride Has AC, Electric Windows
But he's taking the 'horrible' coach Elizabeth used for her own coronation on the way home
- For anyone who's ever had to borrow mom's wheels to get to a fancy event, well, the British royals are just like you! King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla will ride in the Diamond Jubilee State Coach—first used in 2014 by Charles' late mother, Queen Elizabeth...
Apr 5, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
She's Now 'Queen Camilla'
Invitation to coronation refers to her as such for the first time
- For the first time, King Charles' wife has been referred to as "Queen Camilla." Camilla, who up until now has been the "Queen Consort," will be crowned alongside her husband at the coronation on May 6, and her new title made its first appearance on the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Elon Musk Lashes Out at Disney CEO Bob Iger
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
In Tiny Liechtenstein, a Prince Dies 'Unexpectedly'
Trump Sets in Motion Fight That May Go to Supreme Court
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.