Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jury Finds Against Cosby
in Sexual Assault Lawsuit
Jun 21, 2022 7:01 PM CDT
Jury Finds Against Cosby in Sexual Assault Lawsuit
He has been ordered to pay Judy Huth $500K
: A jury in Los Angeles has ruled against Bill Cosby in a civil trial brought by Judy Huth, who accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was 16. The jury awarded Huth $500,000 in one of the last outstanding legal cases against the 84-year-old comedian, NBC reports....
Into Play at Bill Cosby Trial
Jun 7, 2022 12:07 AM CDT
Defense' Comes Into Play at Bill Cosby Trial
Defense team says video game statements prove women's story is false
- The “
defense” came into play Monday at a civil trial over sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby, as his attorney pressed a key witness over previous statements that she had played the arcade game during a visit with Cosby to the Playboy Mansion in 1975, six years...
Cosby Kiss at
14: 'I Couldn't
Jun 4, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Woman Alleges Cosby Kiss at 14: 'I Couldn't Get Away'
Woman, now 61, testified that unwanted kiss happened in trailer on movie set in 1975
- A woman testified Friday that she was 14 when Bill Cosby took her into a trailer on a movie set in 1975, grabbed her so she couldn't move her arms, and kissed her. "I was struggling to get away," she said. "It was very shocking."...
About Bill Cosby's
Alleged Abuse of
Jun 2, 2022 12:07 AM CDT
Friend Testifies About Bill Cosby's Alleged Abuse of 16-Year-Old
Donna Samuelson is the first witness in civil trial
- Sixteen-year-old Judy Huth was deeply distraught minutes after Bill Cosby is alleged to have sexually abused her on an afternoon in 1975 at the Playboy Mansion, her best friend at the time testified Wednesday. “She said ‘I want to go, I wanna leave,’ she was crying,"...
Cosby's Lawyers Angry as
Accuser Tweaks Her Story
May 18, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Cosby's Lawyers Angry as Accuser Tweaks Her Story
Civil sex assault trial is scheduled to begin Monday
- With jury selection less than a week away, attorneys scrambled to deal with shifting evidence Tuesday in Bill Cosby's civil trial over allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl at the Playboy mansion nearly 50 years ago. Plaintiff Judy Huth said in a recent court filing that she...
Supreme Court Delivers
Good News for Bill Cosby
Mar 7, 2022 9:16 AM CST
Supreme Court Delivers Good News for Bill Cosby
Justices won't review lower court's decision to set him free
- The Supreme Court said Monday it won't take up the sexual assault case against comedian Bill Cosby, leaving in place a decision by Pennsylvania's highest court to throw out his conviction and set him free from prison . The high court declined prosecutors' request to hear the case and...
Cosby Answers Prosecutors
Before Supreme Court
Jan 31, 2022 7:15 PM CST
Cosby Answers Prosecutors Before Supreme Court
Review of ruling could lead to sexual assault conviction being reinstated
: Bill Cosby's lawyers asked the US Supreme Court on Monday to let stand a ruling that resulted in the convicted entertainer's release from prison. Pennsylvania prosecutors want the justices to review the decision to toss out the guilty verdict, but Cosby's team argued the decision won'...
Her in New
Oct 14, 2021 4:35 PM CDT
Actress Says Cosby Raped Her in New Lawsuit
Star denies allegations by Lili Bernard
- When Lili Bernard met Bill Cosby on the set of his TV show, she says, he offered to mentor her. The star did treat the actress "as if she were his daughter," a new lawsuit says, stressing "that chastity was a virtue, warned her of the sexual...
Sep 7, 2021 9:35 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Accuser Speaks Out
Andrea Constand, who has new memoir out, calls his release from prison 'disgusting'
- Andrea Constand remained something of an enigma over the years her sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby played out in Pennsylvania courts and the public square. An athlete and spiritual seeker turned massage therapist, she lived a quiet life with her dogs in Toronto until the case burst open again...
Comedy Club on
Plans: Uh, No
Jul 12, 2021 12:01 AM CDT
Comedy Club on Cosby's Stand-Up Plans: Uh, No
NYC's Comedy Cellar is not interested
- Bill Cosby apparently has plans to take his comedy act back on the road following his release from prison, but at least one venue has shot the idea down. The owner of the iconic Comedy Cellar, in New York City's Greenwich Village, tells TMZ the club is absolutely not...
Publicist: Bill Cosby Has Plans
Jul 8, 2021 1:30 AM CDT
Publicist: Bill Cosby Has Plans
Among them, a return to the stage
- Persistent Bill Cosby fans will be cheered by this update from his publicist; those who have soured on him, maybe not so much: In an interview with the
Los Angeles Times
on Wednesday, Andrew Wyatt said the 83-year-old is currently with his family following his release from prison last week...
Weighs In on
Jul 5, 2021 6:54 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Weighs In on Phylicia Rashad Controversy
'WE THE PEOPLE STAND IN SUPPORT'
- Bill Cosby thinks Phylicia Rashad did the right thing in backing him up. The actress, who played Cosby's wife on
The Cosby Show
and again on
, backtracked after controversy erupted when she initially expressed glee at Cosby's release. But Cosby thinks his longtime friend's original reaction...
After Glee Over Cosby Release,
Phylicia Rashad Apologizes
Jul 3, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
After Glee Over Cosby Release, Phylicia Rashad Apologizes
Howard University dean writes letter to parents, students: 'I vehemently oppose sexual violence'
- Phylicia Rashad has long been a defender of Bill Cosby, who played her husband on
The Cosby Show
, but her recent glee over his release from prison has her facing new backlash. On Wednesday, Pennsylvania's highest court vacated the 83-year-old's sexual assault conviction, making him a free man,...
Gloria Allred: Cosby Has
More Legal Trouble to Come
Jul 1, 2021 5:07 AM CDT
Gloria Allred: Cosby Has More Legal Trouble to Come
She can now move forward with civil suit
- Bill Cosby is out of prison —but Gloria Allred, the attorney who represented dozens of his accusers, says he "is not home free" after having his sexual assault conviction overturned on a technicality. Allred said that while the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's decision is "devastating" for accusers...
Fallout Worries Accusers
as Cosby Thanks Court
Jun 30, 2021 7:30 PM CDT
Fallout Worries Accusers as Cosby Thanks Court
Women wonder whether future victims of predators will come forward
- Women who accused Bill Cosby of sexually assaulting them expressed shock Wednesday at the ruling that freed him from prison—and worry about the effect on future victims. "My stomach is in knots," said Victoria Valentino, who accused Cosby of raping her in the 1960s. "The work...
Cosby Freed After Sex Assault
Conviction Is Overturned
Jun 30, 2021 1:46 PM CDT
Cosby Freed After Sex Assault Conviction Is Overturned
Pennsylvania's highest court cited agreement he made with previous prosecutor
- Pennsylvania's highest court on Wednesday vacated Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction, and hours later the
New York Times
reported Cosby has been freed. He reportedly left the prison just after 2pm and was headed for his suburban Philly home. Fox43 reports the 83-year-old appealed in December to the...
Bill Cosby Refuses
Rehab, Is Denied Parole
May 28, 2021 6:49 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Refuses Rehab, Is Denied Parole
He refuses idea of sex offender treatment
- Bill Cosby has refused to enter a treatment program for sex offenders—and the Pennsylvania State Parole Board has refused to grant him parole. The 83-year-old is serving a three-to-10-year sentence for aggravated indecent assault and would have become eligible for parole on September 25, but his request was denied...
Dec 2, 2020 12:03 AM CST
State's Highest Court Considers Cosby Case
Bill Cosby wants his 2018 sexual assault conviction overturned
- Pennsylvania's highest court questioned Tuesday whether Bill Cosby's alleged history of intoxicating and sexually assaulting young women amounted to a signature crime pattern, given studies that show as many as half of all sexual assaults involve drugs or alcohol. Cosby, 83, hopes to overturn his 2018 sex assault...
Bill Cosby Smiles
in New Mugshot
Oct 21, 2020 12:02 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Smiles in New Mugshot
New photo taken as part of routine procedure
- Bill Cosby is wearing a mask around his neck and a smile on his face in his new mugshot. TMZ reports it was a routine photo update; Cosby was simply due for a new one. The picture was snapped Sept. 4 at the SCI Phoenix state prison in Pennsylvania, where...
Court to Look
at 2 Issues in
Oct 8, 2020 5:06 PM CDT
Court to Look at 2 Issues in Cosby Appeal
Hearing in felony sexual assault case will be Dec. 1 in Pennsylvania
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court will hear Bill Cosby's appeal of his felony sexual assault conviction on Dec. 1. Cosby, 83, is serving a three- to 10-year prison term. A lower appeals court had upheld his conviction, but the state's high court agreed this year to review two key...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Ukrainian Diplomat Has 2-Word Response to Elon Musk Proposal
It's Been a Wild 24 Hours for Herschel Walker
Trump Sues CNN for $475M
Auction House Said Vase Was Ordinary. Bidders Disagreed
Suspiciously Heavy Fish Lead to Chaos at Tournament
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.