Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Delta Air Lines
Stories 1 - 20 |
Co-Pilot Charged With
Threatening to Shoot
Nov 1, 2023 9:03 AM CDT
Co-Pilot Charged With Threatening to Shoot Captain Mid-Flight
Jonathan Dunn faces up to 20 years in prison on charge of interfering with flight crew on 2022 flight
- As Delta passengers sipped coffee and stared at screens, the pilots steering their plane were engaged in an argument that resulted in one allegedly threatening to shoot the other. Jonathan Dunn, a former Delta co-pilot, was federally indicted Oct. 18 on a charge of interference with flight crew after allegedly...
CEO: Delta 'Went Too Far'
With SkyMiles Changes
Sep 28, 2023 9:03 AM CDT
CEO: Delta 'Went Too Far' With SkyMiles Changes
Airline to announce 'modifications' to appease frequent flyers in the coming weeks
- Delta Air Lines will make changes to address backlash to an overhaul of its frequent-flyer SkyMiles program, CEO Ed Bastian said Monday. On Sept, 13, the airline announced customers would now earn frequent-flyer status based on the amount of money spent with the airline, rather than on the number of...
Flight Turns Around
After Ill Passenger
Sep 6, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Flight Turns Around After Ill Passenger Triggers 'Biohazard'
Plane did a U-turn 2 hours into flight
- A Delta Air Lines flight was two hours into its planned eight-hour journey Friday when it had to do a U-turn, apparently for a very unpleasant reason. After departing Atlanta en route to Spain, an audio transmission between pilots and air traffic controllers that was posted to X indicates that...
11 Sent to Hospital After
Turbulent Delta Flight
Aug 30, 2023 9:04 AM CDT
11 Sent to Hospital After Turbulent Delta Flight
'Severe turbulence' struck as the plane approached Atlanta on Tuesday
- Delta Air Lines Flight 175 landed safely in Atlanta on Tuesday, but with many injured people on board. At least 11 passengers and crew members were taken to the hospital after the flight, which set out from Milan, Italy, "experienced severe turbulence" in its approach to Atlanta, the airline...
Things Got 'Insane' on Plane
Stuck on Tarmac in Las Vegas
in case you missed it
Jul 23, 2023 7:08 AM CDT
Things Got 'Insane' on Plane Stuck on Tarmac in Las Vegas
Passengers were sickened by 'uncomfortable temperatures'
- Delta Flight 555 might have felt more like Flight 666 for those who attempted to take it on Monday. The Atlanta-bound plane didn't end up leaving Las Vegas after passengers and at least one crew member needed medical assistance due to "uncomfortable temperatures" on the plane while on...
NTSB Says Broken Part
Caused Rough Delta Landing
Jul 11, 2023 6:41 PM CDT
NTSB Says Broken Part Caused Rough Delta Landing
Boeing 717 landed at Charlotte airport without nose landing gear extended
- Investigators say a broken part prevented pilots of a Delta plane from lowering the nose landing gear before landing last month in Charlotte, North Carolina. The National Transportation Safety Board said Tuesday that it sent the fractured part, called a lock link, to its laboratory for examination. The NTSB said...
Worker Sucked Into
Jet Engine Died by
Jun 27, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Worker Sucked Into Jet Engine Died by Suicide: Officials
NTSB investigation into incident canceled after findings
- The ramp worker who died after being "ingested" by a Delta Air Lines jet engine Friday night at San Antonio Airport died by suicide, authorities said. The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office on Monday ruled the man's death a suicide, and the NTSB investigation into the incident...
Delta Pilot Arrested
at Scottish Airport
Jun 20, 2023 4:52 PM CDT
Delta Pilot Arrested at Scottish Airport
Allegedly drunk pilot was arrested 35 minutes before flight to New York City
- A Delta Air Lines pilot who was allegedly too drunk to fly was arrested just 35 minutes before a flight from Edinburgh to New York City was due to take off, authorities say. Scottish police say the 61-year-old man was arrested at the airport at 10am Friday on suspicion of...
Flight Diverts After Passenger
'Wouldn't Calm Down'
Jun 5, 2023 10:10 AM CDT
Flight Diverts After Passenger 'Wouldn't Calm Down'
'Unruly' man causes plane from Paris to US to land in Newfoundland, Canada, instead: officials
- A Delta Air Lines flight out of Paris on Friday had Detroit as its destination. But the plane took an unexpected detour to a third country after officials say an unmanageable passenger caused the aircraft to be diverted. FlightAware tracking data shows that Flight DL97 took off from Charles de...
Huge Swarm of Bees
on Plane Wing Delays Flight
May 5, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Huge Swarm of Bees on Plane Wing Delays Flight
Eventually they left after plane started up engine
- This is the kind of situation for which the term "yikes" was invented: A Delta Air Lines flight was delayed Wednesday due to a huge swarm of bees that gathered on one of the plane's wings. The flight was supposed to depart Houston for Atlanta at 12:25pm...
Here's How America's
Major Airlines Rank
Apr 19, 2023 10:25 AM CDT
Here's How America's Major Airlines Rank
WalletHub places Delta at the top of its list
- Finding the cheapest flight is often a traveler's priority, but there are other reasons to pick one airline over the other. WalletHub checked out the nine largest US carriers, plus two regional airlines, to see how they ranked on everything from baggage, departures, and safety, to in-flight comfort (think...
JFK Has a Close Call:
'Cancel Takeoff Clearance!'
Jan 15, 2023 4:25 PM CST
JFK Has a Close Call: 'Cancel Takeoff Clearance!'
American plane taxied across runway in front of departing Delta 737
- The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating after an airliner crossed the path of another about to take off Friday night at John F. Kennedy International Airport. The crew of a Delta Air Lines Boeing 737 was able to abort takeoff, CNN reports, and the plane stopped less than 1,000...
Aug 23, 2022 2:18 PM CDT
The Best US Airlines, Ranked
The Points Guy crowns Delta as king
- The Points Guy website is out with its annual ranking of US airlines, and Delta comes out on top by a rather comfortable margin. The top-10 ranking takes into account all the factors you'd expect—on-time flights, cancellations, general reliability, cost, scheduling, frequent-flier perks, and more. Here are the...
Airliner Backs Into
Another at Airport
Aug 13, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Airliner Backs Into Another at Airport
Delta plane was moving slowly when it hit parked jet
- An airplane bumped into another plane while backing up at Logan International Airport in Boston, prompting an investigation. No one was injured when the Delta Air Lines plane hit another at low speed on Friday night, according to the Federal Aviation Administration, which said it is investigating. The Delta plane...
Big 737 Max Order
Jul 18, 2022 5:21 PM CDT
Airline Places Big 737 Max Order
Boeing wants federal certification before rules in response to crashes kick in
- Delta is ordering 100 737 Max 10 airplanes, the largest of the line produced by Boeing, potentially giving the manufacturer momentum after a rollout of its most advanced aircraft that included two fatal crashes. Delta has an option to purchase 30 more of the aircraft as the airline looks to...
Delta Offers to Buy Seats Back
on Overbooked Flight for $10K
Jul 1, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Delta Offers to Buy Seats Back on Overbooked Flight for $10K
Flight attendant first lowballed passengers at $5K
- The airline isn't talking, but passengers on a plane about to take off Monday in Michigan said the Delta crew offered them $10,000 each to give up their seat. The plane was still at the gate in Grand Rapids when a flight attendant announced over the intercom that...
Another 1.4K Flights Canceled
During Busy Holiday Weekend
May 29, 2022 10:09 PM CDT
Another 1.4K Flights Canceled During Busy Holiday Weekend
Sunday's cancellations added to thousands from Friday, Saturday
Hundreds of flights worldwide were canceled by Sunday evening, adding to the mounting number of scrubbed flights during the busy Memorial Day holiday weekend in the US. About 1,460 flights had been canceled as of 7pm EDT Sunday, according to flight tracking website FlightAware. That followed more than...
Millions of Bees Die After
Flight to Alaska Rerouted
May 2, 2022 5:32 PM CDT
Millions of Bees Die After Flight to Alaska Rerouted
Atlanta-area beekeepers rushed to rescue survivors
- For human passengers, having a Delta Air Lines flight rerouted through the airline's Atlanta hub might be annoying. For millions of bees that were being sent from California to Alaska, it was fatal. Sarah McElrae, who runs a business that supplies Alaskan beekeepers and pollination services, tells the
FBI: Man Blamed
His Homophobia for
Attack on Flight Attendant
Apr 27, 2022 5:40 PM CDT
FBI: Man Blamed His Homophobia for Attack on Flight Attendant
He allegedly assaulted attendant in first class on Delta flight
- A Delta Air Lines passenger accused of attacking a flight attendant in first class gave FBI investigators an "excuse" that isn't going to help his case. According to a criminal complaint, Christopher Alexander Morgan told investigators that "he is homophobic and that it is possible he could...
Delta Makes Big Move to
Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Apr 26, 2022 3:13 PM CDT
Delta Makes Big Move to Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Airline will be the first in the US to pay flight attendants during boarding
- Unlike most flight attendants at other major airlines, Delta Air Lines flight attendants aren't unionized—and the company may be trying to keep them that way with an offer to pay them during boarding, which would be a first for a US airline. Flight attendants are usually paid starting...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Prosecutors: Inmate Stabbed Chauvin 22 Times
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.