Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Queen Elizabeth II
Stories 1 - 20 |
Faces Treason Charge
Aug 2, 2022 4:05 PM CDT
Windsor Intruder Faces Treason Charge
Police say 20-year-old entered castle grounds carrying a crossbow
- A man who police said brought a crossbow onto the grounds of Windsor Castle faces the usual sort of charge one might in another location, such as making threats to kill someone and possession of an offensive weapon. But because the castle is home to a monarch, Britain's Queen...
The Queen Doesn't Look
Quite Like This Anymore
Jun 23, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
The Queen Doesn't Look Quite Like This Anymore
Elizabeth is spotted with a brand-new haircut
- Royal families tend to be mired in tradition, to the point that even small changes in the status quo garner international attention. That's why Queen Elizabeth's latest surprise move is making headlines worldwide: She's gotten a post-Platinum Jubilee haircut, dumping her signature structured 'do for trimmed-back...
Queen Steps Out, Making
Jun 5, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Queen Steps Out, Making Crowd-Pleasing Appearance
Guest of honor surfaces on palace balcony on final day of Platinum Jubilee festivities
- On the final day of the Platinum Jubilee events in her honor, Queen Elizabeth put the crowning touch on the celebration by appearing on the Buckingham Palace balcony. Thousands of subjects gathered along the Mall roared as she stepped into view with her heirs and family members, CNN reports. The...
'Discomfort' Sidelines Queen
Jun 2, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
'Discomfort' Sidelines Queen
Elizabeth will skip Friday church service celebrating her 70 years on throne
Buckingham Palace says Queen Elizabeth II will not attend a church service to mark her Platinum Jubilee after experiencing “discomfort” at events on Thursday, per the AP . The palace says that with “great reluctance” the 96-year-old monarch has decided to skip Friday’s service at St. Paul’...
Stonehenge Looks Very
Different This Week
May 31, 2022 9:19 AM CDT
Stonehenge Looks Very Different This Week
Photos of Queen Elizabeth projected onto landmark stones to celebrate Platinum Jubilee
- Whoever the designers of Stonehenge were, it's probably a decent bet that they didn't have this week's use of their monument in mind: Visitors this week will see photos of Queen Elizabeth II splashed across the front of the sarsens on Salisbury Plain, a tribute to the...
For Charles and Camilla,
a TV Soap Cameo
May 22, 2022 9:22 AM CDT
For Charles and Camilla, a TV Soap Cameo
Royal couple will appear on the 'EastEnders'
- He's still not the king, but Prince Charles at least gets this: a cameo on the venerable UK television soap
. The BBC reports that Charles and Camilla will appear as themselves in an episode that airs June 2 in which the show pays homage to the queen's...
Queen Won't Open
Parliament This Time
May 9, 2022 6:50 PM CDT
Queen Won't Open Parliament This Time
Given Elizabeth's difficulties getting around, Charles will read speech for her
- Queen Elizabeth II will not attend the opening of Parliament on Tuesday for the first time in nearly 60 years, as she struggles with difficulties in getting around. Buckingham Palace said in a statement Monday that the decision was made in consultation with her doctors and that the 96-year-old had...
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on
Queen's Balcony for Celebration
May 6, 2022 12:55 PM CDT
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on Queen's Balcony for Celebration
Neither will Andrew at Platinum Jubilee, as all 3 no longer have royal duties
- In June, the United Kingdom will celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee , a commemoration of her status as the only British monarch ever to have put in 70 years on the throne. And there will be four very special guests in attendance: Prince Harry, his wife Meghan Markle, and their...
New Photo of Queen Elizabeth
Marks Her 96th Birthday
Apr 21, 2022 12:40 AM CDT
New Photo of Queen Elizabeth Marks Her 96th Birthday
She's spending her birthday at Sandringham, in a cottage favored by her late husband
- Queen Elizabeth II turned 96 Thursday, and to mark the occasion, the Royal Windsor Horse Show released a new photograph of the monarch ahead of the big day. The picture shows Elizabeth in between her two ponies, Bybeck Nightingale and Bybeck Katie, at Windsor Castle, the
reports. The ponies...
Harry, Meghan Reunite
With Queen, Prince Charles
Apr 15, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Harry, Meghan Reunite With Queen, Prince Charles
It's been more than 2 years since Markle has set foot in the UK
- Earlier this year, Prince Harry, who now lives in California with Meghan Markle and their two children, noted that security concerns were keeping them from visiting the UK. Those fears appear to have been allayed, at least enough to allow him and Markle to make a pit stop outside of...
'Vote of Support'
to Prince Andrew
Mar 29, 2022 11:51 AM CDT
Queen Gives 'Vote of Support' to Prince Andrew
He escorted Queen ahead of Tuesday's memorial service for Prince Philip
- Queen Elizabeth II shrugged off recent health issues to attend a memorial service for her husband, Prince Philip, at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday, entering the cavernous church through a side door to shorten the distance to her seat. The monarch entered the abbey on the arm of her second son,...
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince
Philip's Memorial Service
Mar 12, 2022 7:00 AM CST
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince Philip's Memorial Service
Prince slammed for 'snubbing' queen, whom rep says he hopes to visit soon
- Prince Harry said earlier this year he wouldn't be returning to the UK anytime soon, due to a lack of security detail for him and his family, and he apparently meant it—even if it means he'll miss his grandfather's memorial service. Per
, a spokesman for...
Queen Emerges From
Her COVID Isolation
Mar 7, 2022 9:40 AM CST
Queen Emerges From Her COVID Isolation
Monarch, 95, has first face-to-face meeting since last month's diagnosis
Queen Elizabeth II has apparently weathered her bout with COVID just fine. The 95-year-old, who tested positive on Feb. 20, met with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday, which the BBC notes is her first face-to-face meeting since she contracted the virus. She had resumed virtual engagements about...
Camilla's Future Title
Feb 5, 2022 5:25 PM CST
Queen Announces Camilla's Future Title
King's wife will become queen consort, Elizabeth announces
- The British royal family, whose titles and honorifics have been the subject of debate recently—especially those of Prince Harry , Meghan Markle , and Prince Andrew —settled on a future one Saturday. In a message marking her 70th anniversary on the throne, Queen Elizabeth II announced it's her wish...
Queen Offers Minimum Wage
to Future Employee
Jan 21, 2022 9:20 AM CST
Queen Offers Minimum Wage to Future Employee
Royal family head needs part-time housekeeper
- The matriarch of the Royal Family has a stamp collection worth more than $135 million —but plans to pay her future housekeeper minimum wage,
reports. Queen Elizabeth II is advertising for a part-time housekeeper on the Royal Household’s jobs board, seeking someone who will work 20...
Queen Delivers a Royal
Rebuke to Prince Andrew
Jan 13, 2022 11:53 AM CST
Queen Delivers a Royal Rebuke to Prince Andrew
He is stripped of military duties and patronages
- As a sexual assault case against Prince Andrew continues, so do the ramifications: He has been stripped of his military duties and charity work, reports CNN . Buckingham Palace said Thursday that Andrew's military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to Queen Elizabeth II with her “approval and...
Chilling Video Investigated
After Royal Intruder Caught
Dec 27, 2021 7:43 AM CST
Chilling Video Investigated After Royal Intruder Caught
19-year-old with crossbow detained after incident at Windsor Castle
- Reports emerged over the holiday weekend about an armed intruder arrested at Windsor Castle. Now the details are filling in, and they include reports of an alarming video made before the incident. Scotland Yard says a 19-year-old man with a crossbow was arrested for trespassing at the castle on Christmas...
Queen Joins Those
Can Be Hard’
Dec 25, 2021 5:05 PM CST
Queen Joins Those Finding ‘Christmas Can Be Hard’
Elizabeth says she'll still find joy in holiday after her husband's death
- In her Christmas address to her subjects, Britain's Queen Elizabeth II had a message for those who, like her, suffered a loss in the past year. "Although it's a time of great happiness and good cheer for many, Christmas can be hard for those who have lost...
Nov 29, 2021 12:05 AM CST
Barbados to Officially Drop Monarchy
Country will swear in first-ever president
Barbados will, late Monday night, swear in its first president, thus officially ousting Queen Elizabeth II as head of state and cutting the island country's last imperial link to Britain after Britain colonized it in 1627. Prince Charles will be present at the ceremony, CNN reports. Barbados will...
The Queen Spent
a Night in the
Oct 22, 2021 12:20 AM CDT
The Queen Spent a Night in the Hospital
Palace revealed the news after UK monarch canceled plans Wednesday
- Britain's Queen Elizabeth II spent a night in a hospital for checks this week after canceling an official trip to Northern Ireland on medical advice, Buckingham Palace said Thursday. The palace said the 95-year-old British monarch went to the private King Edward VII's Hospital in London on Wednesday...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Teen Beat Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Court in India Sets Free Men Who Raped Woman
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.