Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Arab Israeli conflict
Stories 1 - 20 |
Another Law Firm Rescinds
Job Offers Over Israel Letters
Oct 18, 2023 1:53 PM CDT
Another Law Firm Rescinds Job Offers Over Israel Letters
Davis Polk slams law students whose groups signed statements condemning Israel
- An elite law firm has withdrawn job offers to three law students from Harvard and Columbia, saying those students were part of groups that signed public statements regarding the Israel-Hamas war. "These statements are simply contrary to our firm's values," so "rescinding these offers was appropriate...
Israel Is Tracking
Those Fleeing Gaza
Oct 17, 2023 1:47 AM CDT
Israel Is Tracking Those Fleeing Gaza
As it prepares to invade Gaza in attempt to drive Hamas out
- As Israel prepares for a ground invasion of Gaza amid its war with Hamas, the Israeli military is using cellphone data to track those who are fleeing the area. The Israeli Defense Force allowed the
New York Times
to observe the system in what the paper paints as an attempt...
Bodies of 1.5K Hamas
Militants Found in Israel
Oct 10, 2023 4:07 AM CDT
Bodies of 1.5K Hamas Militants Found in Israel
Israel's military also says Gaza's parliament, civilian ministries are legitimate targets
- Around 1,500 bodies of Hamas militants have been found in Israeli territory, the Israeli military said Tuesday after announcing it had largely gained control in the south and "restored full control" over the border on the fourth day of fighting following an unprecedented surprise attack. Spokesperson Richard Hecht...
Sources: Iran Helped
Plan Attack on Israel
Oct 9, 2023 6:49 AM CDT
Hamas, Hezbollah Sources: Iran Helped Plan Attack on Israel
Though US officials say there's no evidence of that yet
- One big factor in the looming question of how Israel and its allies in the West failed to anticipate the Hamas attack that launched a war ? Iran. Senior members of Hamas and Hezbollah, both of which are Iran-backed militant groups, anonymously confirm to the
Wall Street Journal
Israeli Airstrike Kills
19 Members of
Oct 9, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Israeli Airstrike Kills 19 Members of Palestinian Family
Including children, surviving family member says
- The evacuation warning came shortly after dark. The Israeli military fired the shot just a short distance from Nasser Abu Quta's home in the southern Gaza Strip, a precautionary measure meant to allow people to evacuate before airstrikes. Abu Quta, 57, thought he and his extended family would be...
More Than 1.1K Dead
in Israel-Hamas War
Oct 9, 2023 12:15 AM CDT
More Than 1.1K Dead in Israel-Hamas War
Flights to Israel are being canceled amid the escalating conflict
- The death toll is more than 1,100 after the surprise Hamas attack on Israel Saturday led Israel to declare war on the militant group; of the dead, more than 700 are in Israel (including at least 260 found dead at a music festival where others were reportedly taken hostage;...
22 Dead in Israel in
Oct 7, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
22 Dead in Israel in 'Unprecedented' Attack
Hamas incursion from Gaza Strip also left hundreds injured, per Israel's rescue service
- The ruling Hamas militant group in the Gaza Strip carried out an unprecedented, multifront attack on Israel at daybreak Saturday, firing thousands of rockets as dozens of Hamas fighters infiltrated the heavily fortified border in several locations by air, land, and sea and catching the country off guard on a...
Amid Rush Hour in
Jerusalem, 2 Giant Blasts
Nov 23, 2022 8:49 AM CST
Amid Rush Hour in Jerusalem, 2 Giant Blasts
Teen killed, 18 hurt after bomb attacks at 2 Israeli bus stations
- Two blasts went off near bus stops in Jerusalem at the height of morning rush hour on Wednesday, killing a Canadian-Israeli teenager and injuring at least 18, in what police said were suspected attacks by Palestinians. The first explosion occurred near a typically crowded bus stop on the edge of...
After Days of
Violence in Gaza
Aug 8, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Ceasefire Between Israel, Palestinians After Days of Violence in Gaza
After 3 days of the worst fighting since last year
- A ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian militants took effect late Sunday in a bid to end nearly three days of violence that killed dozens of Palestinians and disrupted the lives of hundreds of thousands of Israelis, the AP reports. The flare-up was the worst fighting between Israel and Gaza militant...
Risk 'All-Out War'
Aug 5, 2022 12:52 PM CDT
Israeli Airstrikes Risk 'All-Out War'
At least 8 are killed, 40 hurt in Gaza; Israel says it was targeting Islamic Jihad
- Israel unleashed a wave of airstrikes in Gaza on Friday, killing at least eight people, including a senior militant, and wounding another 40, according to Palestinian officials. Israel said it was targeting the Islamic Jihad militant group in response to an "imminent threat" following the arrest of a senior...
Israel Begins Investigation
of Police Actions at Funeral
May 14, 2022 12:40 PM CDT
Israel Begins Investigation of Police Actions at Funeral
Officers beat mourners during procession for Al Jazeera journalist
: Israeli police announced Saturday they're investigating the actions of officers during a journalist's funeral that became violent. International criticism of the officers, who attacked pallbearers trying to reach a church in Jerusalem, has been widespread since the confrontation Friday, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. President Biden is...
Al Jazeera, Israel Clash
Over Death of Reporter
May 11, 2022 6:11 AM CDT
Al Jazeera, Israel Clash Over Death of Reporter
Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, a US citizen, was killed during Israeli raid in West Bank
- A female journalist for Al Jazeera was shot and killed while covering an Israeli raid in the occupied West Bank town of Jenin early Wednesday. The broadcaster and a reporter who was wounded in the incident blamed Israeli forces, while Israel claimed there was evidence the two were hit by...
Nixes a Hebrew
of Her Novel
in case you missed it
Oct 16, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Sally Rooney Nixes a Hebrew Translation of Her Novel
Author's decision is due to her opinion on the Israel-Palestine conflict
- Sally Rooney, an author who's been referred to as "the first great millennial novelist," is making her stance on the Israel-Palestine conflict crystal clear: The 30-year-old won't allow a Hebrew translation of her latest novel. Rooney rejected an offer from Israeli publisher Modan, which published her...
Israel Breaks Ceasefire
Jun 16, 2021 12:05 AM CDT
After Incendiary Balloons Launched, Israel Breaks Ceasefire
The balloons, in turn, were launched from Gaza in response to an Israeli march
- Israeli aircraft carried out a series of airstrikes at militant sites in the Gaza Strip early Wednesday, the first such raids since a shaky cease-fire ended the war with Hamas last month, the AP reports. The airstrikes targeted facilities used by Hamas militants for meetings to plan attacks, the Israeli...
Blinken Says US Will
Reopen Jerusalem Consulate
May 26, 2021 12:44 AM CDT
Blinken Says US Will Reopen Jerusalem Consulate
Secretary of State makes first official visit to the region
- Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Tuesday announced plans to reopen a key diplomatic outreach office to the Palestinians and pledged nearly $40 million in new aid—reversing key policies of the Trump administration as he moved to bolster the embattled Palestinian government in the West Bank. On his first...
He Was Walking to a
Pro-Israel Rally. Then,
'4 Terrifying Minutes'
May 22, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
He Was Walking to a Pro-Israel Rally. Then, '4 Terrifying Minutes'
Jewish man beaten by mob in NYC's Times Square: 'I could have died'
- A Jewish man headed toward a pro-Israel rally over the current conflict in the Gaza Strip was beaten by a mob in New York City's Times Square earlier this week, with the relentless attack continuing for what the
New York Daily News
describes as "four terrifying minutes."...
US Shoots Down UN Statement
Condemning Violence in Gaza
May 18, 2021 12:50 AM CDT
US Shoots Down UN Statement Condemning Violence in Gaza
The only country on the Security Council to do so
- The UN Security Council was considering a statement condemning the violence in Gaza, which has left hundreds of Palestinians dead including dozens of women and children, and calling for a ceasefire—but the US blocked it Monday, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. According to Al Jazeera , that's the third...
Amid Deadly Israeli Airstrike,
Fears of an 'Intifada'
May 15, 2021 5:30 AM CDT
Amid Deadly Israeli Airstrike, Fears of an 'Intifada'
10 family members, including 8 children, die in Gaza City, raising concerns of Palestinian uprising
- An Israeli air raid in Gaza City killed at least 10 Palestinians, mostly children, early Saturday in the deadliest single strike since the battle with Gaza's militant Hamas rulers erupted earlier this week. Both sides pressed for an advantage as ceasefire efforts gathered strength. The latest outburst of violence...
Jerusalem at 'Brink of
Eruption' After Latest
Clash Hurts Hundreds
May 10, 2021 6:33 AM CDT
Jerusalem at 'Brink of Eruption' After Latest Clash Hurts Hundreds
Medics say at least 153 were hospitalized after Israeli police confronted Palestinian protesters
- Israeli police firing tear gas, stun grenades, and rubber-coated bullets clashed with Palestinian stone-throwers at a flashpoint Jerusalem holy site on Monday, the latest in a series of confrontations pushing the contested city to the brink of eruption. More than a dozen tear gas canisters and stun grenades landed in...
Israel Says Gaza Strike
Killed 'Ticking Time Bomb'
Nov 12, 2019 12:19 AM CST
Israel Says Gaza Strike Killed 'Ticking Time Bomb'
Islamic Jihad vows revenge for deaths of commander, wife
- Israel killed a senior Islamic Jihad commander in Gaza early Tuesday in a rare targeted killing that threatened to unleash a fierce round of cross-border violence with Palestinian militants. The militant group said the commander's wife was also killed in the airstrike and that their children were wounded. Air...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
$100M Botticelli Found in Home
Prosecutors: Inmate Stabbed Chauvin 22 Times
Her Body Was Found by Rock Climbers 26 Years Ago
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.