Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
on NFL QBs May
Make You Feel Old
Nov 9, 2023 11:45 AM CST
Milestone Stat on NFL QBs May Make You Feel Old
For first time, every quarterback who threw a pass last week was born in 1990 or later
- The generational shift at quarterback in the NFL reached a new milestone last week. For the first time ever, every player who threw a pass in the NFL in Week 9 was born in 1990 or later, with 15 of the 28 starting quarterbacks last week age 25 or younger,...
Kaepernick to Jets: I'm Your
'Risk-Free Contingency Plan'
Sep 27, 2023 9:35 AM CDT
Kaepernick to Jets: I'm Your 'Risk-Free Contingency Plan'
Ex-49ers quarterback, now a free agent, says he'd lead team's practice squad if they'd let him
- The New York Jets are in a tough spot after their newest quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, suffered a season-ending torn Achilles tendon during his debut for the team earlier this month. One notable name thinks they may have the solution to the Jets' current conundrum: Colin Kaepernick , the NFL quarterback exiled...
His Knee Injury Was So Bad
ESPN Wouldn't Air Replay
Sep 19, 2023 6:13 AM CDT
His Knee Injury Was So Bad ESPN Wouldn't Air Replay
Browns star running back Nick Chubb is out for the season
- The play looked as ordinary as could be , except that Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb could not get up afterward. Then ESPN announcer Joe Buck provided the first hint of real trouble at the Monday night game: "I'm told the replay of Nick Chubb getting injured is...
After Rodgers Injury,
NFLPA Speaks Out
Sep 13, 2023 6:35 PM CDT
After Rodgers Injury, NFLPA Speaks Out
Players association wants league to switch to all natural grass
- The NFL Players Association wants the league to switch all its fields to natural grass, calling it "the easiest decision the NFL can make." Executive Director Lloyd Howell issued a statement Wednesday morning saying NFL players "overwhelmingly prefer it and the data is clear that grass is...
Crazy Jets Game Ends Up
Costing Wisconsin Bar Patrons
Sep 12, 2023 2:14 PM CDT
Crazy Jets Game Ends Up Costing Wisconsin Bar Patrons
Patrons celebrated when Aaron Rodgers left the game, expecting to have their tabs covered
- Buffalo Bills fans weren't the only ones unhappy with the outcome of Monday night's game against the Jets. Bar patrons in Wisconsin ended up pretty bummed, too, after New York won. As WHNT explains, it has to do with the bar's promotion before the season began. Jack'...
Aaron Rodgers Is Done
for the Season With Injury
Sep 12, 2023 10:44 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Is Done for the Season With Injury
QB, newly traded to the New York Jets, has a torn Achilles tendon
- The New York Jets didn't get the miracle they were hoping for on Tuesday. An MRI has confirmed that quarterback Aaron Rodgers does indeed have a torn Achilles tendon and will require season-ending surgery, reports the
New York Post
and ESPN . Rodgers was injured on his fourth play from...
Aaron Rodgers Gets
Likely a Pay Cut
Apr 25, 2023 6:16 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Gets His Trade—and Likely a Pay Cut
All-star quarterback is traded to the Jets
- The trade everyone in the NFL thought was coming has indeed arrived: The Green Bay Packers have sent Aaron Rodgers to the New York Jets, reports NBC Sports . The 39-year-old Rodgers has spent his entire career in Green Bay until now, racking up one Super Bowl win (2010) and four...
to Ponder Future
Feb 8, 2023 10:25 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers to Ponder Future at 'Darkness Retreat'
It's 4 days and nights in the dark
- Some NFL stars retire, then unretire, then retire, then ... well, you know how that story goes . Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has decided to take a different approach to determining whether he should stay on the field: He'll be participating in a four-day "darkness retreat," which...
in NFL History
Mar 8, 2022 12:26 PM CST
Aaron Rodgers Just Signed Biggest Deal in NFL History
Quarterback agrees to 4-year, $200M deal with the Green Bay Packers
- Aaron Rodgers has had a controversial and downright strange year. This should make him feel better: The 38-year-old quarterback has signed a four-year, $200 million deal with the Green Bay Packers, and that $50 million-a-year clip makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, reports CBS Sports . Ian Rapoport...
Aaron Rodgers Explains
That Instagram Post
Feb 23, 2022 12:13 PM CST
Aaron Rodgers Explains That Instagram Post
He says rush of gratitude followed 12-day cleanse
- Aaron Rodgers said Tuesday that there was nothing cryptic about a Monday Instagram post that led to plenty of speculation about his future with the Green Bay Packers. "There's nothing cryptic about gratitude," the star quarterback told the
Pat McAfee Show
, explaining that his "Monday Night...
Aaron Rodgers Is Going
Through Some Things Online
Feb 22, 2022 11:49 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers Is Going Through Some Things Online
Green Bay QB gushes over ex Shailene Woodley, leaves 'cryptic' hints on NFL future
- Aaron Rodgers and fiancee Shailene Woodley reportedly split up last week, but it seems the Green Bay Packers quarterback is still processing his feelings, and in a very public way. He also may have dropped a hint about his uncertain NFL future. Page Six reports that the 38-year-old posted an...
Aaron Rodgers' Toe Is Now
the Subject of Discussion
Nov 26, 2021 7:57 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers' Toe Is Now the Subject of Discussion
He made a quip about 'COVID toe,' then clarified it definitely wasn't that
- If you didn't expect to spend part of your week wondering about Aaron Rodgers' toe, welcome to the club. The Green Bay Packers quarterback's digit has been the subject of discussion since Tuesday, when Rodgers appeared on the Pat McAfee show and touched on the toe injury he...
Nov 13, 2021 5:30 PM CST
Packers Activate Rodgers
Quarterback is off the COVID list in time to play Sunday
- The Green Bay Packers said Saturday they've activated Aaron Rodgers, meaning the star quarterback can play in Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks. Rogers had been on the NFL's reserve/COVID-19 list since testing positive for the coronavirus last week. He was in quarantine for 10 days, CNN...
Nov 10, 2021 6:48 AM CST
NFL Punishes Aaron Rodgers
News comes after he said he's an athlete, not an activist
Aaron Rodgers has been fined by the NFL for violating the league's COVID-19 protocols. Another Green Bay Packers player, receiver Allen Lazard, was also fined for the same reason, CNN reports. They were found to have attended a Halloween party despite not being vaccinated. They were each fined...
State Farm: Rodgers Has
Been a 'Great Ambassador'
Nov 8, 2021 1:03 PM CST
State Farm: Rodgers Has Been a 'Great Ambassador'
But his ads for the firm haven't been airing much lately
- State Farm is standing by Aaron Rodgers, with its words if not its actions. A company spokeswoman told
Monday that the Green Bay Packers quarterback has been "a great ambassador for our company for much of the past decade," and while State Farm doesn't support...
Rodgers' Fiancee on Hubbub:
'Grasping at Straws My Dears'
Nov 8, 2021 10:15 AM CST
Rodgers' Fiancee on Hubbub: 'Grasping at Straws My Dears'
Shailene Woodley hits back at reaction to NFLer's vaccination controversy
- Aaron Rodgers has been speaking out about the controversy around the revelation he's not vaccinated against COVID, and now his fiancee is stepping into the fray. On Friday, Shailene Woodley shared a since-deleted Instagram story that included what
calls a "cryptic" quote: "Calm seas may...
Pete Davidson Takes Questions
as Aaron Rodgers on
Nov 7, 2021 10:20 AM CST
Pete Davidson Takes Questions as Aaron Rodgers on
Show also introduces a new Donald Trump
- Pete Davidson, in character as Aaron Rodgers, filled in the public knowledge gap about the Packers quarterbacks' COVID-19 vaccination status on
Saturday Night Live
. Rodgers has been accused of misleading, at best, his team and fans about whether he's had the shots by saying only that he'd been...
Nov 7, 2021 6:30 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers Loses Sponsorship Over Vaccine Views
Wisconsin's Prevea Health cuts ties
Aaron Rodgers has lost a major sponsorship over his vaccination controversy . Prevea Health, a health care provider in Wisconsin, is cutting ties with the Green Bay QB, reports
. Rogers tested positive for COVID after going unvaccinated, and in an interview Friday, he challenged the efficacy of the...
After Positive Test,
Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Nov 4, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
After Positive Test, Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Packers QB claimed to be 'immunized,' but he wasn't vaccinated
- When reporters asked Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in August if he'd been vaccinated, he said, "Yeah, I've been immunized," adding, "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision." But on Wednesday, NFL....
$1M in Bitcoin
Nov 2, 2021 2:01 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Giving Away $1M in Bitcoin
The Green Bay Packers quarterback announces partnership with CashApp
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is investing in cryptocurrency in a big way. "I’m pumped to share that I’ve recently teamed with CashApp," he said in a video shared on Twitter on Monday, per Yahoo Sports . "They’ve enabled me to take part of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
Evert Reveals 'Diagnosis I Never Wanted to Hear'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.