Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Details on Air Show
Crash That Killed 6
Dec 1, 2022 12:27 AM CST
NTSB Reveals Details on Air Show Crash That Killed 6
No altitude plan was made before the tragedy, report finds
- Just before a midair collision that killed six at a Dallas air show, a group of historic fighter planes was told to fly ahead of a formation of bombers without any prior plan for coordinating altitude, according to a federal report released Wednesday. The report did not give a cause...
After Crash at Air Show,
a Death Toll of 6
Nov 13, 2022 8:17 AM CST
After Crash at Air Show, a Death Toll of 6
Two vintage planes collided in Dallas
- Six people were killed after two historic military planes collided and crashed to the ground Saturday afternoon during a Dallas air show, officials said. “According to our Dallas County Medical Examiner, there are a total of 6 fatalities from yesterday’s Wings over Dallas air show incident,” Dallas...
Historic Planes Collide,
Crash During Air Show
Nov 12, 2022 5:15 PM CST
Historic Planes Collide, Crash During Air Show
Officials have no information yet on possible casualties
- Two historic military planes collided and crashed to the ground Saturday during an air show in Dallas, exploding into a ball of flames and sending plumes of black smoke billowing into the sky. It was unclear how many people were on board the aircraft or if anyone on the ground...
Cops: Guy Who Killed 2 at Dallas
Hospital Was There for Birth
Oct 25, 2022 1:59 AM CDT
Cops: Guy Who Killed 2 at Dallas Hospital Was There for Birth
Nestor Hernandez, 30, allegedly opened fire after accusing his girlfriend of infidelity
- The man who fatally shot two Dallas hospital employees over the weekend opened fire after accusing his girlfriend, who had just given birth, of infidelity, authorities said. Jacqueline Pokuaa, a 45-year-old social worker, and Katie Annette Flowers, a 63-year-old nurse, were killed in Saturday's shooting at Methodist Dallas Medical...
Suspected Serial Killer
Has His Second Conviction
Oct 7, 2022 4:45 PM CDT
Suspected Serial Killer Has His Second Conviction
Mary Brooks, 87, was followed home after shopping
- A man charged with killing 22 women in the Dallas area over a two-year span was found guilty Friday in one of their deaths—his second murder conviction. With the verdict, Billy Chemirmir, 49, automatically received a second sentence of life without parole, the AP reports, this time for the...
Texas Doctor Faces
Accused of Putting
Drugs in IV Bags
Sep 15, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Texas Doctor Faces Federal Charges, Accused of Putting Drugs in IV Bags
Dallas police have arrested Raynaldo Rivera Ortiz Jr.
: Dallas police arrested an anesthesiologist Wednesday on federal charges after an investigation into the death of a fellow physician and cardiac emergencies suffered by several other people. Raynaldo Rivera Ortiz Jr. is suspected of injecting nerve blocking agents and other drugs into patient IV bags at the surgery center...
Police Say a Man Shot Woman
in the Neck—and It Killed Him
Aug 1, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Police Say a Man Shot Woman in the Neck—and It Killed Him
Dallas police believe the bullet exited her neck, hit the suspect
- A possible Darwin Awards contender out of Texas: Dallas police say a 26-year-old man died Saturday after shooting a woman in the neck—with said bullet exiting her neck and somehow striking him the leg. His was a fatal wound. Much of the details of the incident, which police say...
Woman Opens Fire
Inside Dallas Airport
Jul 25, 2022 12:40 PM CDT
Woman Opens Fire Inside Dallas Airport
Officer wounds her at Love Field, and no other injuries are reported
- A 37-year-old woman fired several gunshots, apparently at the ceiling, inside of Dallas' Love Field Airport on Monday before an officer shot and wounded her, authorities said. No other injuries have been reported. The woman was dropped off at the airport, walked inside, and then entered a bathroom, Dallas police...
Man 'Mad at His Girl'
Destroys Ancient Art
Jun 3, 2022 5:10 AM CDT
Man 'Mad at His Girl' Destroys Ancient Art
Police say man smashed his way into Dallas Museum of Art
- Ancient art was destroyed when a man smashed his way into the Dallas Museum of Art Wednesday night, but the devastation may not be as bad as initially feared, authorities say. Museum officials, who initially estimated the damage at $5 million, now say the total could be a "fraction...
3 Korean Women
Shot at Dallas Salon
May 12, 2022 7:11 AM CDT
3 Korean Women Shot at Dallas Salon
Victims expected to be OK after Wednesday shooting; police are seeking suspect, who fled
- Police in Texas are on the hunt for a suspect who shot and injured three Korean women at a Dallas beauty salon. ABC News reports the shooting happened Wednesday afternoon at Hair World Salon, in the city's Koreatown. Police say the suspect parked a "dark color minivan-type vehicle"...
12 Concertgoers Are Shot,
One Fatally, in Dallas
Apr 3, 2022 4:15 PM CDT
12 Concertgoers Are Shot, One Fatally, in Dallas
Police say someone fired into the crowd
- One person was killed and 11 others were injured during a shooting at an outdoor concert in Dallas, police said. At about 12:15am on Sunday, officers responded to a field in southeast Dallas where a concert was being held, police said in a statement. Police say a preliminary investigation...
Mom Who Said Son Was Shot
in Road-Rage Incident Arrested
Apr 1, 2022 7:29 AM CDT
Mom Who Said Son Was Shot in Road-Rage Incident Arrested
3-year-old Dallas boy was shot at very close range, investigators say
- A Dallas woman who claimed her 3-year-old son was killed in a road-rage shooting is now in custody facing charges including child endangerment. Lacravivonne Washington, 26, initially told investigators that her son, Jalexus Washington Jr., was shot by an aggressive driver who had been following her. But police say they...
Dallas IT Worker Loses Files
on Open Criminal Cases
Aug 11, 2021 7:05 PM CDT
Dallas IT Worker Loses Files on Open Criminal Cases
Police might have to investigate the crimes again
- A massive amount of information on criminal cases dating to July 2020 has been lost from the Dallas Police Department computer database, authorities revealed on Wednesday. In a statement, the Dallas County District Attorney's Office said the loss occurred in early April as the police department performed a data...
He Was on Paid
Then They Asked
to See the Tests
Aug 4, 2021 1:26 PM CDT
He Was on Paid COVID Leave. Then They Asked to See the Tests
Dallas firefighter William Carter has been charged with felony theft
- The pandemic hit Dallas firefighter William Jordan Carter's family hard, his employer thought: He received weeks of paid time off after reporting that first his wife and then his daughter had tested positive for COVID-19. Two days before he was due to return to work, he said he had...
48 Years After Cop Killed Boy in
Russian Roulette: an Apology
Jul 28, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
48 Years After Cop Killed Boy in Russian Roulette: an Apology
Dallas Police apologize for 1973 murder of Santos Rodriguez by Darrell Cain
- Two boys were pulled from their beds, handcuffed, and placed in the back of a police car in Dallas, Texas, in the early hours of July 24, 1973. Only one lived to see July 25. Suspecting the Mexican-American brothers had stolen $8 from a vending machine and hoping for a...
2 US Cities
Jul 23, 2021 7:25 AM CDT
Superbug Fungus Spreading in 2 US Cities
CDC says drug-resistant 'Candida auris' is moving from person to person in Dallas and DC
- US health officials said Thursday they now have evidence of an untreatable fungus spreading in two hospitals and a nursing home, per the AP . The "superbug" outbreaks were reported in a Washington, DC, nursing home and at two Dallas-area hospitals, the CDC reported. A handful of the patients had...
Rapper With Smash Hit
Is Dead at 20
Jun 1, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Rapper With Smash Hit Is Dead at 20
Dallas' Lil Loaded had a gold record with '6locc 6a6y'
- One week after his big hit was certified as a gold record, Dallas rapper Lil Loaded has died at age 20, reports
. Attorney Askhan Mehyrayi told the outlet that the singer (real name Dashawn Robertson) is believed to have committed suicide. Lil Loaded was best known for his 2019...
Led to a Mass Shooting Panic
Jun 1, 2021 3:01 AM CDT
A Skateboard Led to a Mass Shooting Panic
No one was injured in Dallas incident
- Panicked shoppers rushed out of a Dallas mall on Memorial Day after a man banged a skateboard on the ground in the food court and made hand gestures as if he were shooting, police said. “That sound obviously caused a panic," Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia said. "...
4-Year-Old Murdered in Dallas
Was Taken From His Crib
May 18, 2021 3:24 AM CDT
4-Year-Old Murdered in Dallas Was Taken From His Crib
Cash Gernon was later found dead on the street
- Home surveillance video shows the 4-year-old boy found slain on a Dallas street being taken from his crib while he slept around 5am Saturday, an arrest warrant affidavit reveals. The boy, Cash Gernon, had been staying, along with his twin brother, in the home with his father's girlfriend, Monica...
4-Year-Old Boy Found
Murdered on Dallas Street
May 17, 2021 12:12 AM CDT
4-Year-Old Boy Found Murdered on Dallas Street
An 18-year-old has been arrested in his death
- An 18-year-old man has been arrested after the body of a 4-year-old boy was found lying on a neighborhood street in Dallas, police said Sunday. Police said that Darriynn Brown has been charged with kidnapping and theft, the AP reports. Police say they also anticipate additional charges pending the results...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Teenager Thought He Bought a Percocet. It Killed Him
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Few in GOP Differ With Trump on Constitution
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.