Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
May 27, 2021 1:05 PM CDT
Rush Limbaugh’s Successors Are Chosen
Clay Travis and Buck Sexton will take over his 12-3 slot
- It's going to take two people to try to fill the radio void of Rush Limbaugh on the right. Premiere Networks says Clay Travis, 42, and Buck Sexton, 39, will co-host a show in the noon to 3pm ET time slot, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. Both are radio...
Limbaugh's Death Certificate
Has a 6-Word Boast
in case you missed it
Mar 13, 2021 12:10 PM CST
Limbaugh's Death Certificate Has a 6-Word Boast
It relates to his occupation
- In life, Rush Limbaugh used to famously intone that he had "talent on loan from God." In death, the big claims persist. TMZ has discovered that his death certificate lists his occupation as "greatest radio host of all time." The site notes that Limbaugh's widow,...
Palm Beach County Ignores
Governor's Order on Limbaugh
Feb 24, 2021 2:25 PM CST
Palm Beach County Ignores Governor's Order on Limbaugh
Its courthouse flags were not lowered to half-staff
- Palm Beach County defied Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday, refusing to lower its courthouse flags to half-staff in honor of the late conservative broadcaster Rush Limbaugh. The county's courthouse flags remained at full staff, ignoring Gov. Ron DeSantis' Tuesday afternoon order directing its US and Florida flags to be...
Kathryn Limbaugh Takes
Her Husband's Microphone
Feb 23, 2021 4:28 PM CST
Kathryn Limbaugh Takes Her Husband's Microphone
Radio host's wife says the Rush Limbaugh she knew was 'humble and kind'
- Elton John wants to "go where people wouldn't expect me to go," his husband once said. One such place surely would be at the microphone at Rush Limbaugh's wedding. But the British singer performed at the 2010 ceremony after receiving a respectful invitation, and the two...
Balk at Lowering
Flags for Limbaugh
Feb 23, 2021 1:59 AM CST
Florida Officials Balk at Lowering Flags for Limbaugh
Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, others will not follow governor's directive
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wants flags in the state flown half-staff when famous resident Rush Limbaugh is laid to rest, but some Florida officials aren't having it. "Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes...
Limbaugh's Show Prefaced
the Trump Presidency
Feb 18, 2021 8:56 AM CST
Limbaugh's Show Prefaced the Trump Presidency
Whether that's good or bad depends on your political stripes
- The death of Rush Limbaugh has prompted a deluge of assessments about his impact on American politics and culture. Not surprisingly, the split between left and right is more pronounced than usual. Some examples:
At Vox , Zack Beauchamp thinks obituaries calling him a "conservative provocateur" are sugar-coating things because
Trump Gives First
Feb 17, 2021 6:15 PM CST
Trump Gives First Post-Presidency Interview
He repeats election fraud claims after calling Fox to talk about Limbaugh
- Donald Trump has given his first interview since leaving office—and although he called Fox News to discuss Rush Limbaugh's death Wednesday, it didn't take him long to return to his discredited allegations of election fraud. The former president, who called
within an hour of Limbaugh's...
Is Dead at 70
Feb 17, 2021 11:34 AM CST
Rush Limbaugh Is Dead at 70
Conservative radio host was diagnosed with lung cancer a year ago
- Rush Limbaugh has died at age 70, his wife Kathryn announced Wednesday at the start of the conservative radio host's show, which
notes he had not appeared on for nearly two weeks. Fox News has these lines from her: "Losing a loved one is terribly difficult,...
Jan 9, 2021 10:32 AM CST
Rush Limbaugh Deactivates Twitter Account
He had 88.6 million followers
- In what might be seen as a preemptive move given recent developments in social media, conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh has deactivated his Twitter account. Twitter confirmed to
that the @RealRLimbaugh account—which the paper says featured rhetoric similar to that which appeared on President Trump’s...
Rush Limbaugh: I Wasn't
Supposed to Be Alive Today
Dec 24, 2020 2:20 PM CST
Rush Limbaugh: I Wasn't Supposed to Be Alive Today
Radio host thanks listeners amid his fight with cancer
- Rush Limbaugh thanked his listeners in an emotional, year-end broadcast Thursday, shadowed by the likelihood that he won't be around to deliver the same message next year. "I wasn't expected to make it to October, and then to November, and then to December," said the 69-year-old...
Warn of Trouble Ahead
Dec 10, 2020 12:01 PM CST
Trump, Limbaugh Warn of Trouble Ahead
President sees 'dangerous moment' for US, while radio hosts warns of a secession
- President Trump's complaints about the election seemed to escalate Thursday as he warned of the US approaching a "dangerous moment," reports Mediaite . Meanwhile, ally Rush Limbaugh spoke of a possible "secession" on his radio show. The twin warnings were being highlighted Thursday at the conservative and...
on His Cancer
Oct 20, 2020 6:24 AM CDT
Rush Limbaugh Shares News on His Cancer
Recent scans show disease progression that's going in 'wrong direction,' talk show host says
- Since he announced his lung cancer diagnosis in February, conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh hasn't talked about it too much on the air. On Monday, however, he gave listeners what the
calls an "emotional update," revealing that recent scans didn't offer good news....
Trump Pitched a Novel Idea
—and Canned It Over One Man
Apr 15, 2020 6:30 PM CDT
Trump Pitched a Novel Idea —and Canned It Over One Man
He apparently came this close to launching a radio show
- President Trump almost launched a White House talk-radio show last month but backed off in deference to Rush Limbaugh, the
New York Times
reports. Three unnamed White House officials say Trump walked into the Situation Room with a pitch: Listeners would call in and talk to him directly, without screening,...
Limbaugh Has a Few Theories
About the Coronavirus
Feb 25, 2020 6:31 AM CST
Limbaugh Has a Few Theories About the Coronavirus
Likens it to common cold, says it's being overhyped to hurt President Trump
- Rush Limbaugh is back in the news again, this time while airing some controversial theories about the coronavirus. "It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump," Limbaugh said during his Monday radio show, per HuffPost . "Now, I want...
Slammed by Both Sides
Feb 13, 2020 5:25 PM CST
Limbaugh's Buttigieg Comments Slammed by Both Sides
Talk show host said America is not ready for 'a gay guy kissing his husband' to be president
- Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh drew bipartisan criticism Thursday for saying the country won't elect Pete Buttigieg president because he's been “kissing his husband" after debates, the AP reports. Limbaugh's comments came eight days after President Trump awarded him the nation's top civilian honor...
Teacher's Limbaugh Cancer
Tweet Gets Him Suspended
Feb 6, 2020 3:47 PM CST
Teacher's Limbaugh Cancer Tweet Gets Him Suspended
High school teacher said he hopes the conservative radio host dies painfully
- Rush Limbaugh tends to inspire either love or hate, and for one Milwaukee teacher, it's apparently the latter. After the right-wing radio host revealed his lung cancer diagnosis, high school English teacher Travis Sarandos tweeted, "limbaugh absolutely should have to suffer from cancer. it's awesome that he'...
Trump Address Had Special
Moment for Rush Limbaugh
STATE OF THE UNION
Feb 4, 2020 11:21 PM CST
Trump Address Had Special Moment for Rush Limbaugh
Trump paused speech to honor radio host with Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Before Tuesday night's State of the Union address, there were rumors that President Trump planned to announce that Rush Limbaugh would be honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. But the president did more than that: In one of the most unusual moments in SOTU history, Trump paused the...
Rush Limbaugh: I Have
'Advanced Lung Cancer'
Feb 3, 2020 3:07 PM CST
Rush Limbaugh: I Have 'Advanced Lung Cancer'
Radio host will be taking hiatus for treatment but plans to be back
- Rush Limbaugh told his radio listeners Monday that he has advanced lung cancer, reports Fox News . The 69-year-old conservative icon says he will have to miss some time from his show for treatment, but will try to "keep everything as normal" as possible. He said he hopes to be...
'Starting to Make
Oct 12, 2017 8:21 AM CDT
Limbaugh: Trump's NFL Remarks 'Starting to Make Me Nervous'
Conservative talk-show host says he's 'very uncomfortable' with how president is acting
- For the past few weeks, President Trump has been firing off tweets pressuring NFL athletes to stand during the national anthem—and for the NFL to make them do so —with his most recent post Wednesday claiming ( falsely ) that Commissioner Roger Goodell was "finally demanding" all...
Rush Limbaugh: Coverage
of Irma Reveals Left-Wing Bias
Sep 6, 2017 10:20 AM CDT
Rush Limbaugh: Coverage of Irma Reveals Left-Wing Bias
He suggests it's part of media campaign to advance climate change
- Rush Limbaugh lives in Florida and thus is keeping a close eye on the path of Hurricane Irma. But on his radio show Tuesday, Limbaugh floated a controversial theory: News coverage is inflating the storm's potential danger as part of a liberal media bias in regard to global warming....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Musk Kicks Kanye West Off Twitter
Freak Wave Slams Cruise Ship, Claims Life of Passenger
NYC Job Will Pay Up to $170K, but It's a 'Daunting' One
Cops: Woman Shut Off Roomie's Ventilator Because Sound Bothered Her
Warnock Leads, Obama Mocks, but Walker Stays Close
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.