Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 25, 2023 1:00 PM CDT
Couple Gets Refund Over Stinky Dog on Flight
New Zealand pair say they had to move from premium to economy over the smell
- A New Zealand couple who say they were subjected to a drooling, snorting, and farting dog on a long flight have gotten a $1,400 refund for their trouble, reports Insider . Gill and Warren Press say they asked to switch their premium seats midflight from Paris to Singapore because the...
Passenger After Puke Incident:
'I Am Ashamed to Be Canadian'
Sep 6, 2023 2:21 PM CDT
Passenger After Puke Incident: 'I Am Ashamed to Be Canadian'
Air Canada takes heat for booting 2 passengers who refused to sit in vomit-covered seats
- Two passengers booked for a flight from Vegas to Montreal last month were escorted off the plane before takeoff, all because they wouldn't sit in their puke-soaked seats. The AP reports that the incident took place Aug. 26 on an Air Canada plane, on which Susan Benson was also...
Sydney Flight Turns Back
Over Unruly Passenger
Aug 14, 2023 12:43 PM CDT
Sydney Flight Turns Back Over Unruly Passenger
Man, 45, arrested after threatening to 'blow the plane up'
- A commercial airline flight from Australia to Malaysia returned to Sydney on Monday after an emergency incident, reports the AP . Malaysia Airlines flight MH122 left Sydney Airport at 1:40pm for an eight-hour flight to Kuala Lumpur and landed back on the runway at 3:47pm, Nine News reported. Someone...
Passenger's Rage Over Meal
Leads to Unscheduled Stop
Jul 11, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Passenger's Rage Over Meal Leads to Unscheduled Stop
Business-class customer reportedly wasn't happy with the options available; United flight is diverted
- A United Airlines flight had to divert just two hours into what should have been a 9.5-hour journey Sunday after a business-class passenger became enraged over meal options. According to the
, the passenger, who would've paid around $7,000 for the upgraded seat, caused a fuss after...
Flier's Alleged Threat
Shuts Down an Airport
Jul 6, 2023 9:39 AM CDT
Flier's Alleged Threat Shuts Down an Airport
Officials say incident occurred Wednesday on Alaska Airlines flight from Atlanta to Seattle
- An Alaska Airlines passenger made a "direct threat" regarding the plane's safety to a flight attendant on Wednesday, say officials—causing the flight to make an emergency landing at the Spokane International Airport, which was shut down for more than an hour after Flight 334 landed there. NBC...
Woman Loses Leg
on Airport's Moving Walkway
Jun 29, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Woman Loses Leg on Airport's Moving Walkway
Horrific accident happened in Thailand
- A woman's leg had to be amputated in a Thai airport after it was trapped by a moving walkway Thursday, officials said. The 57-year-old Thai passenger was due to board a morning flight from Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport to the southern Nakhon Si Thammarat province when she was...
He Waited Out 18-Hour Delay,
Had a Wild Flight
Jun 28, 2023 1:57 PM CDT
He Waited Out 18-Hour Delay, Had a Wild Flight
Persistent North Carolina real estate agent gets the flight to himself, has some fun
- Sometimes persistence pays off—in the form of basically a private flight home. Such is the case of Phil Stringer, who booked what ended up becoming a
delayed flight from Oklahoma City to Charlotte, North Carolina, that was scheduled to leave at 6:30am Sunday. After at least seven...
Flight Diverts After Passenger
'Wouldn't Calm Down'
Jun 5, 2023 10:10 AM CDT
Flight Diverts After Passenger 'Wouldn't Calm Down'
'Unruly' man causes plane from Paris to US to land in Newfoundland, Canada, instead: officials
- A Delta Air Lines flight out of Paris on Friday had Detroit as its destination. But the plane took an unexpected detour to a third country after officials say an unmanageable passenger caused the aircraft to be diverted. FlightAware tracking data shows that Flight DL97 took off from Charles de...
Passenger Arrested After
Plane Lands With Open Door
May 26, 2023 4:00 AM CDT
Passenger Arrested After Plane Lands With Open Door
9 hospitalized after 'very bizarre' incident on South Korean airline
- A passenger opened an emergency exit door during a South Korean flight Friday, causing air to gust inside the cabin before the plane landed safely, airline and government officials said. Some people aboard the Asiana Airlines Airbus A321 aircraft tried to stop the person from opening the door but it...
This Isn't How a
Phone Is to Be Used
May 22, 2023 8:58 AM CDT
This Isn't How a Plane's Intercom Phone Is to Be Used
'Belligerent' Frontier passenger accused of striking flight attendant with phone
- A Frontier Airlines passenger headed from Colorado to Florida delayed her plane's trip to warmer climes and now has an arrest under her belt after a confrontation with a flight attendant. The airline says in a statement that the "belligerent" female passenger on Flight 708 from Denver to...
Last Year, Frontier
Was the Most
Apr 26, 2023 7:00 PM CDT
Last Year, Frontier Was the Most Complained-About US Airline
Overall, complaints were more than 5 times higher than in 2019
- Airline passengers complained a lot last year—and they had a lot to complain about, according to a report from the Public Interest Research Group . The group says complaints against US and foreign airlines, travel agents, and tour operators hit 77,656 in 2022, more than five times the number...
Epic Plane Outburst Began
With 'Shut That Baby Up'
Apr 21, 2023 8:04 AM CDT
Epic Plane Outburst Began With 'Shut That Baby Up'
Southwest Airlines passenger forcibly removed by police in Orlando
- Orlando police had to escort a Southwest Airlines passenger from a plane on Monday after what
calls an "adult tantrum" over a crying baby. Passenger Mark Grabowski recorded a nearly 4-minute viral video of the outburst as the flight, bound for Fort Lauderdale, was stuck in a...
Airline Passenger Tried to Open
Emergency Door: Prosecutors
Mar 6, 2023 7:15 PM CST
Airline Passenger Tried to Open Emergency Door: Prosecutors
33-year-old attempted to stab United crew member before he was tackled, US attorney's office says
- A Massachusetts man tried to open an airliner's emergency door on a cross-country flight from Los Angeles to Boston and then tried to stab a flight attendant in the neck with a broken metal spoon, federal prosecutors alleged Monday. Francisco Severo Torres, 33, of Leominster, was tackled and restrained...
This Airline Has Good
News for Families
Feb 21, 2023 8:30 AM CST
This Airline Has Good News for Families
United says its new seating policy will help adults, kids sit next to each other at no extra charge
- If you've ever flown with young children and had to pass juice boxes and crayons over seat tops or across the aisle because you weren't able to sit with them, United Airlines has some news you'll be happy to hear. With the help of a new seat...
This Flight Wasn't a Great
Way to Kick Off the Weekend
Nov 12, 2022 8:30 AM CST
This Flight Wasn't a Great Way to Kick Off the Weekend
Frontier Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Atlanta due to threatening man with box cutter: cops
- A flight from Ohio to Florida made an unexpected stop in Atlanta Friday night after witnesses say a hostile passenger was spotted with a box cutter. WLWT reports the incident took place on Frontier Airlines Flight 1761 heading from Cincinnati to Tampa, with the plane landing in the Georgia capital...
Airline Gets Creative in Getting
Travelers to Take Middle Seat
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 29, 2022 12:50 PM CDT
Airline Gets Creative in Getting Travelers to Take Middle Seat
Virgin Australia launches $147K lottery, with prizes each week for those who sit in least desirable spots
- Is there ever anyone who actually
the middle seat during a flight? If there is, we haven't met them, but that may soon change thanks to some coaxing on the matter by Virgin Australia. Per a recent social media poll offered by the airline, a paltry 0.6%...
an Odd One
Sep 2, 2022 7:11 AM CDT
Southwest Pilot's Warning Was an Odd One
It wasn't about turbulence or an overbooked flight, but a passenger sending nude pics
- What happens in Texas apparently doesn't stay in Texas, because what took place on one Southwest Airlines flight getting ready to fly to Mexico is now making headlines all over the globe. That's thanks to a now-viral TikTok video taken by Teighlor Marsalis, who tells CNN she recorded...
Man Accused of Stealing
More Than $10K Mid-Flight
Jul 8, 2022 1:29 PM CDT
Man Accused of Stealing More Than $10K Mid-Flight
He was arrested after flight from Argentina landed in Miami
- A passenger seen pacing the aisles during a flight from Buenos Aires to Miami wasn't a nervous flier, he was a larcenous one, authorities say. Court documents state that flight attendants observed the passenger, 29-year-old Diego Sebastian Radio, behaving suspiciously, walking up and down the plane and sitting in...
Lawsuit: Bad Move From
Airline Sent Man to Jail
Jun 8, 2022 6:08 PM CDT
Lawsuit: Bad Move From Airline Sent Man to Jail
'If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone'
- An Arizona man says a mistake by American Airlines led to a nightmarish 17-day ordeal that he's still not fully recovered from. According to a lawsuit filed against the airline by Michael Lowe, American wrongly identified him to police as a person seen on surveillance video breaking into a...
Plane Passenger Accused
of Groping 2 Women
Jun 2, 2022 6:17 PM CDT
Plane Passenger Accused of Groping 2 Women
Jairaj Singh Dhillon of California says he took an Ambien, can't remember alleged incidents
- Another disturbing incident in the skies : A California man has been charged with groping two female passengers on a JetBlue flight out of Los Angeles. Federal prosecutors say Jairaj Singh Dhillon of Modesto, 42, groped the thigh and groin of the woman sitting next to him about 30 minutes into...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
First Trump Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty in Georgia
NYC Local: 'Never Seen Anything Like This in My Life'
Judge: Blind Side Deal Never Should Have Happened
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.