Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Prepare to be
Jan 3, 2023 9:00 AM CST
Prepare to be 'Triggered' by Donald Trump Jr.
Former president's son inks 7-figure deal to host podcast on Rumble video platform, per Axios
- Donald Trump Jr. has been posting video content for nearly two years on Rumble, an online platform he says offers a "level playing field" for conservatives. Now he's apparently made his relationship with the portal more official: Axios reports Trump Jr. has signed a seven-figure contract with Rumble...
Is Mark Zuckerberg a Robot?
Traffic Lights Reveal the Truth
Mar 3, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Is Mark Zuckerberg a Robot? Traffic Lights Reveal the Truth
Podcaster asks Zuckerberg to prove he's not 'Zuckerborg'
- Mark Zuckerberg has long known that he comes across as, well ... not quite human, acknowledging in a 2019 interview that "historically, I've had a very hard time expressing myself. ... I just come across as robotic." One computer scientist and AI researcher recently decided to carry out a...
Joe Rogan, Spotify Respond
to Misinfo Protests
Jan 31, 2022 6:55 AM CST
Joe Rogan, Spotify Respond to Misinfo Protests
Podcaster says he doesn't think he's spreading bad info but agrees on new Spotify COVID advisories
- Scientists , doctors , and famous performers have come out in full force to slam the Spotify podcast of Joe Rogan, accusing him of spreading misinformation on COVID and climate change. Finally, Rogan is now publicly responding, as is the streaming platform. In a lengthy video posted to Instagram late Sunday,...
Jan 15, 2022 4:05 PM CST
One Problem for Booming Podcast Industry
Most popular shows are older ones, and it's increasingly hard for new shows to climb
- The number of people who listen to podcasts is bigger than ever, as is the number of available podcasts, writes Lucas Shaw at Bloomberg . But related to those two stats is another vexing one for the industry: It's tough for new shows to get established. Shaw points to the...
Out of Control
Oct 14, 2021 12:20 PM CDT
True-Crime Genre Is Out of Control
Emma Berquist, a crime victim herself, writes that podcasts are making women paranoid
- The murder rate is way down over the last 20 years or so, and most people who do get killed are men. You wouldn't know from the voluminous true-crime podcast genre. Show after show, often hosted by women, offer grisly recaps of cases with female victims. All of which...
Host Now Has
Old Podcast Remarks to Explain
Aug 19, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
Host Now Has Old Podcast Remarks to Explain
Mike Richards' 2013-'14 comments on women, Jews, and Haiti are raising eyebrows
- When it was revealed earlier this month that Mike Richards, the new permanent host of the regular version of
, had been named in discrimination lawsuits during his time as a producer on
The Price Is Right
, he insisted that those complaints "[do] not reflect the reality of who...
Woman Sues Over Podcast
on Woody Harrelson's Dad
Feb 28, 2021 6:11 AM CST
Woman Sues Over Podcast on Woody Harrelson's Dad
Dr. Chrysanthe Parker: 'Son of a Hitman' unfairly paints me as 'very unusual witness' in murder trial
- A Texas attorney and health care professional who was an eyewitness to the murder that put actor Woody Harrelson's father behind bars is now suing Spotify and others on the use of her interview for a podcast about the crime. Per Courthouse News , Dr. Chrysanthe Parker was a witness...
Figure in Hot
Feb 23, 2021 7:31 AM CST
Another Media Figure in Hot Water Over Racial Slur
Mike Pesca, host of Slate's 'The Gist' podcast, argued with co-workers on Slack about n-word
- In somewhat meta media news, the host for Slate's
podcast has been suspended indefinitely without pay after using a racial slur in a Slack conversation with co-workers about another media figure who used the racial slur. Pesca tells the
New York Times
he was suspended Monday, and...
Obama, Springsteen Launch
'Born in the USA' Podcast
Feb 22, 2021 3:25 PM CST
Obama, Springsteen Launch 'Born in the USA' Podcast
'In many ways, Bruce and I have been on parallel journeys'
- "In many ways, Bruce and I have been on parallel journeys," Barack Obama says in the first episode of "Renegades: Born in the USA," his new podcast with Bruce Springsteen. The podcast, which NBC calls the "highest-profile collaboration in the history of podcasting," launched...
Keira Knightley Bans 'Horrible'
Sex Scenes With Male Directors
Jan 26, 2021 8:47 AM CST
Keira Knightley Bans 'Horrible' Sex Scenes With Male Directors
Actor says she won't do intimate scenes with a man behind the camera, or with everyone 'grunting'
Pirates of the Caribbean
actor Keira Knightly recently stopped by the
podcast , and she shared her thoughts on films she enjoyed growing up, the luck she's had in her career, and, now, why sex scenes are an iffy thing for her, per the
. First of all,...
Duke and Duchess
Turn to Podcasting
Dec 15, 2020 12:07 PM CST
Duke and Duchess Turn to Podcasting
Harry and Meghan sign a deal with Spotify
- In 2020, Spotify has nabbed podcast deals with Joe Rogan , Michelle Obama , Kim Kardashian , and now a duke and duchess. Archewell Audio, a division of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's new production company , has signed an exclusive partnership with Spotify that will see the couple "host and produce...
Has 2 Big
Jul 30, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Obama Has 2 Big Worries
Fears about voter suppression and about Trump challenging legitimacy of the election
New York Times
is out with a story on former President Obama's private remarks about his successor during fundraising events for Joe Biden. The upshot is that Obama is far more critical of President Trump in private than he is in public, but two issues in particular appear...
Prince William: I Scared
Foe With Fake Sniper
Jul 29, 2020 9:45 AM CDT
Prince William: I Scared Foe With Fake Sniper
Duke also admits to abusing soccer referees 'in my head,' reveals worst gift he ever got his wife
- Being a royal comes with perks even on the soccer field, at least for Prince William. During an appearance on the BBC's
That Peter Crouch Podcast
, where he spoke with the former professional soccer player about mental health and more, the Duke of Cambridge fessed up to getting a...
New Venture: Podcast
Jul 16, 2020 1:17 PM CDT
Michelle Obama's New Venture: Podcast
It debuts July 29 on Spotify
- Michelle Obama is getting into the podcast business. "The Michelle Obama Podcast" premieres July 29 on Spotify as part of a partnership with Higher Ground, the production company the former first lady launched with her husband to inspire young people, reports CNN . Episodes will center on "the relationships...
Killer IDed in 38-Year-Old Cold
Case, but He Won't Go to Prison
Jun 27, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
Killer IDed in 38-Year-Old Cold Case, but He Won't Go to Prison
Harold Warren Jarrell, suspected of murdering 8-year-old Kelly Ann Prosser in Ohio, died in 1996
- In September 1982, 8-year-old Kelly Ann Prosser was abducted while walking home from school in Columbus Ohio, then beaten, sexually assaulted, and strangled to death. Her body was discovered in a field two days later, but her killer was never found. Now, nearly four decades later, authorities say they have...
A Big Podcaster Just
Struck a Deal for 9 Figures
May 20, 2020 9:02 AM CDT
A Big Podcaster Just Struck a Deal for 9 Figures
Joe Rogan's show is moving exclusively to Spotify for a reported $100M
- Joe Rogan has one of the most popular podcasts in the world, and
figures he made about $30 million last year off it. That was enough to make him the highest-paid podcaster of 2019, but Rogan is now getting a very large raise. The
Joe Rogan Experience
For Andrew Yang, a
'Natural Next Step'
Mar 6, 2020 9:22 AM CST
For Andrew Yang, a 'Natural Next Step'
Ex-presidential candidate sets up Humanity Forward nonprofit
- Even though his presidential bid is officially kaput, Andrew Yang isn't done talking about some of the ideas he advanced during his run—and he wants to make sure everyone's still listening. He's taken what he tells the
New York Times
is the "natural next step"...
Clinton to Launch Podcast,
With a Surprising Influence
Feb 28, 2020 7:20 AM CST
Clinton to Launch Podcast, With a Surprising Influence
Politico reports former secretary of state was said to have been inspired by Howard Stern
- Hillary Clinton has been profoundly influenced in her life by her mother , her grandkids , and ... Howard Stern? That's the revelation Ryan Lizza makes in his report for Politico that Clinton will in late spring be debuting a podcast in which she'll interview anyone from politicians and world leaders...
Spotify for Dogs
Is Now a Thing
Jan 15, 2020 6:29 PM CST
Spotify for Dogs Is Now a Thing
Music streaming service now offers podcasts, custom playlists for dogs, cats, and other pets
- The real question is: Will the fish be able to hear it? If you've ever worried that your dog or cat might get lonely while you're at work, Spotify has come up with an official solution, per Reuters : pet-geared playlists and podcasts. After the company's research revealed...
Defense Lawyers' Group to
Sep 20, 2019 5:00 PM CDT
Defense Lawyers' Group to SCOTUS: Hear
Adnan Syed is back in the news
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers has asked the Supreme Court to review the case of a Maryland man convicted of murder in a case chronicled on the podcast
. News outlets report the group filed an amicus brief regarding Adnan Syed, per the AP . The brief says Syed...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Has an Innocent Explanation for Its Balloon
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
Pedophile Former Pop Star Released After 8 Years
Funeral Home Staff Unzipped a Body Bag, Got Quite a Shock
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.