Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Retailer Apologizes for
'Hang With Kate Spade' Email
May 3, 2022 4:41 PM CDT
Retailer Apologizes for 'Hang With Kate Spade' Email
Fashion icon hanged herself in 2018
- Ulta Beauty has apologized for a promotional email with a title that recipients found stunningly insensitive: "Come hang with Kate Spade." The retailer was referring to the brand founded by fashion icon Kate Spade, who hanged herself in 2018. Critics said the "incredibly crass" blunder was worsened...
'I Feel Like Katy Wouldn't
Have Done It, 5 Minutes Later'
in case you missed it
Jul 27, 2019 3:00 PM CDT
'I Feel Like Katy Wouldn't Have Done It, 5 Minutes Later'
David Spade opens up about suicide of sister-in-law Kate Spade, other deaths in his life
- David Spade is making the rounds to publicize his new Comedy Central show
, and an interview with the
New York Times
treads into some emotional territory. At one point, he reflects on the 2018 suicide of his sister-in-law, fashion icon Kate Spade, with this observation: "I feel...
Kate Spade's Husband: 'You
Were the Zig to My Zag'
Jun 7, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
Kate Spade's Husband: 'You Were the Zig to My Zag'
Andy Spade pens emotional tribute to late designer to commemorate one-year death anniversary
- Wednesday was the one-year anniversary of the death of Kate Spade, who took her own life at the age of 55, and the designer's husband made sure the day didn't pass without a heartfelt tribute to his "Superwoman." In a Thursday Instagram post , Andy Spade noted...
David Spade Talks About
Aftermath of Kate's Death
Jul 20, 2018 12:56 PM CDT
David Spade Talks About Aftermath of Kate's Death
Family of designer Kate Spade is 'pulling it together,' he says
- Just a month after funeral services for his sister-in-law, comic-actor David Spade was back to business, promoting his new movie. But he also offered a few words about his family tragedy. Fashion designer Kate Spade was married to David's brother, entrepreneur Andy Spade. Kate Spade killed herself in June....
Kate Spade's Dad Dies
on Eve of Her Funeral
Jun 21, 2018 5:29 PM CDT
Kate Spade's Dad Dies on Eve of Her Funeral
Family says he had been 'heartbroken' over her death
- The father of fashion designer Kate Spade died on the eve of her funeral, according to a statement released by her family shortly before her service began Thursday in her hometown of Kansas City. The family said 89-year-old Earl Brosnahan Jr. had been in ill health before passing away Wednesday...
Kate Spade's Cause of Death
Jun 7, 2018 11:25 AM CDT
Autopsy Confirms Kate Spade's Cause of Death
Designer committed suicide by hanging herself with a scarf
- All signs pointed to suicide in the death of fashion icon Kate Spade, and the New York City medical examiner's office confirmed that on Thursday, reports the
. The office ruled that the 55-year-old took her own life by hanging inside her apartment on Park Avenue. The confirmation...
Andy Spade on Kate Spade's
Death: 'It Clearly Wasn't Her'
Jun 7, 2018 1:00 AM CDT
Andy Spade on Kate Spade's Death: 'It Clearly Wasn't Her'
He issues a statement to the 'New York Times'
- A day after the suicide of Kate Spade, Andy Spade has provided a statement to the
New York Times
that shares the depths of his sadness over the death of his wife of 24 years and clears up misconceptions and misreporting: He says they had lived separately for 10 months...
Sources Say Kate Spade's
Marital Woes Weighed on Her
Jun 6, 2018 12:14 PM CDT
Sources Say Kate Spade's Marital Woes Weighed on Her
As brother-in-law David Spade posts a tribute
- In the wake of Kate Spade's suicide come more tributes, questions, and a search for answers. Multiple outlets are reporting by way of sources that Spade had been despondent over the demise of her marriage. TMZ reports Kate and Andy Spade had been separated for a couple months, with...
Kenneth Cole Deletes
His Kate Spade Tweet
Jun 6, 2018 8:37 AM CDT
Kenneth Cole Deletes His Kate Spade Tweet
He later tried to clarify why he called her an 'accessory'
- After news of Kate Spade's death broke, designer Kenneth Cole took to Twitter to post an #RIP message. It didn't go over well. "'I believed that I could, so I did.' She alone didn’t change the handbag world but she was an inspiring accessory,...
Sister: Kate Spade's
Suicide 'Not Unexpected'
Jun 6, 2018 6:41 AM CDT
Sister: Kate Spade's Suicide 'Not Unexpected'
She says designer was fixated on Robin Williams' suicide; family is not happy with her comments
- The apparent suicide of fashion designer Kate Spade is a tragedy, but not a huge surprise to older sister Reta Saffo. She tells the
Kansas City Star
that Spade had been struggling with mental illness for years and the stress and pressure of her famous brand may have "flipped...
Kate Spade Left Suicide
Note for Daughter
Jun 5, 2018 2:14 PM CDT
Kate Spade Left Suicide Note for Daughter
Fashion designer reportedly let her know that suicide wasn't daughter's fault
- The fashion world was jolted Tuesday with the news that designer Kate Spade, who made her name with chic handbags, died in an apparent suicide at the age of 55. Spade was found hanged in the bedroom of her Park Avenue apartment in New York City by housekeeping staff at...
Coach Spends $2.4B in
Push to Woo Millennials
May 8, 2017 8:53 AM CDT
Coach Spends $2.4B in Push to Woo Millennials
What it gets for that sum: Kate Spade
- Coach will spend $2.4 billion for Kate Spade, tying together two premier brands in the luxury goods sector in a bid to snare younger shoppers. Noting that crucial demographic, Coach CEO Victor Luis says in a company release Monday that Kate Spade has a "strong awareness among consumers,...
fashion power couple
Feb 15, 2010 11:53 AM CST
Inside Kate and Andy Spade's New Life
Former handbag designers find new creative outlets
- Whether it’s reimagining J. Crew, foraying into winemaking, or cutting their daughter’s sandwiches into little hearts, Kate and Andy Spade stay busy—just not with the businesses that still bear their name. “Someone said to me, what about your legacy?” Andy tells
of the 2006...
Mama's Top Brand New Bags
Mar 7, 2008 5:54 PM CST
Mama's Top Brand New Bags
Forbes picks its favorite luxury purses of the year
- After spending thousands of dollars on a handbag, you might not be able to afford anything to put inside it—so choose wisely.
outlines the best in "it" bags:
Hermes Kelly Bag, $5,000 and up: Embrace your inner Grace Kelly with the original "it" bag, made
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cause of Death Released for Former Child Star
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.