Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Suspect Released After
Refusing to Poop for 47 Days
Mar 7, 2018 9:51 AM CST
Suspect Released After Refusing to Poop for 47 Days
Lamarr Chambers' stance on No. 2 ultimately made him No. 1
- Lamarr Chambers fought the law, and the law came in No. 2—all over some No. 2. The BBC reports "poo watch" has officially ended in the UK, with the 24-year-old released on Monday after 47 days in custody in which he refused to have a bowel movement. Chambers...
Colony of Penguins
Mar 2, 2018 11:38 AM CST
Scientists Find Huge, Secret Colony of Penguins
'Supercolony' of 1.5M Adélie penguins on Antarctic Peninsula is a major find
- More than 1 million penguins who've been hiding in a remote part of Antarctica were recently discovered thanks to images taken from space and ... their own poop. A study in the
journal reveals the Danger Islands find of more than 750,000 pairs of Adélie penguins—...
New Rules Coming for
Climbers' Poop on Denali
Mar 1, 2018 5:00 AM CST
New Rules Coming for Climbers' Poop on Denali
Study finds fecal matter dumped over the past decade isn't decomposing as it needs to
- Climbers on North America's tallest mountain may have to start packing out more of their poop after a researcher determined a glacier in which much of it has been dumped over the past decade probably isn't decomposing the human waste, the AP reports. Michael Loso, a glacier geologist,...
Officials Testing Human Feces,
Hope They Belong to Tycoon
Feb 19, 2018 10:55 AM CST
Officials Testing Human Feces, Hope They Belong to Tycoon
Thai officials trying to prove Premchai Karnasuta poached animals in wildlife sanctuary
- It's not every day that a tycoon's feces are tested by the authorities, but such is the case in Thailand. Wildlife officials accuse Premchai Karnasuta—ranked by
as the country's 35th richest person, with an estimated net worth of $240 million—of poaching a leopard and...
Billionaire Won't Pay Tax Bill
Due to 'Minefield of Poop'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 11, 2018 6:54 AM CST
Billionaire Won't Pay Tax Bill Due to 'Minefield of Poop'
Tom Golisano says infestation of geese is ruining his property, won't pay up until town fixes problem
- Billionaire Tom Golisano says he tried stringing up fishing line, spraying smelly repellent, and even posting a wolf decoy, but nothing could rid his New York lakeside vacation home of the Canada geese that turned his lawn into a minefield of poop. His next line of attack? Refusing to pay...
Cops Say Suspect Has
Refused to Poop for 3 Weeks
Feb 8, 2018 9:11 AM CST
Cops Say Suspect Has Refused to Poop for 3 Weeks
Police believe suspected drug dealer has drugs inside him
- To save you the ignominy of Googling "how long can you go without pooping?" we did it for you. The question is sure to come to mind after reading about a bizarre case out of the UK, where Essex Police are on #poowatch and tweeting about it. This after...
Dogs Eat Poop, and You Might
Not Be Able to Stop Them
Jan 22, 2018 10:45 AM CST
Dogs Eat Poop, and You Might Not Be Able to Stop Them
Scientific name for this habit: canine conspecific coprophagy
- Before you freak out that your dog may be suffering from canine conspecific coprophagy, know that it's probably not that serious—though you will likely be grossed out.
reports on a study in the
Veterinary Medicine and Science
journal that looked at the result of two web-based...
Expert Linguists Wage War
on Anthropomorphic Poo
Nov 4, 2017 11:37 AM CDT
Expert Linguists Wage War on Anthropomorphic Poo
Inside the great emoji debate of our time
- Andrew West and Michael Everson are two of the top language encoders in the world, experienced linguists—and definitive proof that it's impossible to not sound silly while discussing poo. "Will we have a CRYING PILE OF POO next? PILE OF POO WITH TONGUE STICKING OUT? PILE OF...
Dorm Washing Machines
Contain Nasty Surprise
Oct 27, 2017 2:32 PM CDT
Dorm Washing Machines Contain Nasty Surprise
'I’m just wondering who’s doing this pooping'
- In a turn of events that would send even the most independent of college students running home to mom with their basket of dirty clothes, students at Southern Illinois University tell the
someone has been pooping in their dorm's washing machines. Residents of Abbott Hall say poop...
Archaeologists on the Hunt
for Paul Revere's Poop
Sep 29, 2017 1:39 AM CDT
Archaeologists on the Hunt for Paul Revere's Poop
They're searching for Boston outhouse that patriot may have used
- No. 1 if by land, No. 2 if by sea? Archaeologists are excavating what they believe was the site of an outhouse next door to Paul Revere's home—and the "privy," as the colonists politely called their potties, could be flush with artifacts. Historians say people typically...
Cops: Woman Won't Stop
Pooping While Jogging
Sep 20, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
Cops: Woman Won't Stop Pooping While Jogging
They call her the 'Mad Pooper'
- This probably isn't the top priority for law enforcement, but it's got to be at least No. 2. CBS Denver reports a female jogger has been terrorizing a Colorado Springs neighborhood with random acts of pooping for nearly two months. "'Are you really taking a poop...
There's Something Off-Putting
About This Denny's Mascot
Sep 13, 2017 2:54 PM CDT
There's Something Off-Putting About This Denny's Mascot
And the internet knows what it is
- When it comes to creating a new mascot for your restaurant, maybe brown and log-shaped isn't the way to go.
reports Denny's debuted its anthropomorphized sausage character "Sausage" back in 2014. But the internet wasn't going to ignore a restaurant mascot that looks like...
Woman Has Insane Bathroom
Incident on First Date
in case you missed it
Sep 9, 2017 11:00 AM CDT
Woman Has Insane Bathroom Incident on First Date
It involved poop, firefighters, and a GoFundMe campaign
- This might be the worst date in Tinder history. Or the worst date in history, period. Two Brits were on a first date when the woman reportedly went to use her date's bathroom, only to soon find herself in that most terrifying situation: Her poo wouldn't flush. So...
At 'Rogue' Clinic,
Requests for Poop
Milkshakes Are Normal
Jun 29, 2017 10:30 AM CDT
At 'Rogue' Clinic, Requests for Poop Milkshakes Are Normal
At least they're not taken orally
- Preparing the sample takes about 45 minutes. A little water is added to the frozen brown mass and blended with a hand mixer until the substance is just thicker than a milkshake. The next part takes less than five minutes: A syringe collects the slurry, then puts it into a...
Anderson Cooper Is Sorry
for That Trump Poop Joke
May 20, 2017 4:49 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper Is Sorry for That Trump Poop Joke
'If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it'
- More like Anderson Pooper.
reports Anderson Cooper has apologized for using a bit of bathroom humor while interviewing Jeffrey Lord Friday on CNN. Lord, a CNN contributor and Trump supporter, was defending the president calling former FBI director James Comey a "nut job." Anderson, arguing there wasn'...
Peeps Oreos Have
in case you missed it
Mar 5, 2017 11:35 AM CST
Peeps Oreos Have Rather Unfortunate Side Effects
In other words, 'bright pink' poop
- The latest cream flavor to come out of something called "the Oreo Wonder Vault" has consumers wondering why their poop suddenly looks like it could've come from a unicorn. Two weeks ago, Oreo released a limited edition of its cookie with a vanilla shell and a filling flavored...
Solution to NASA's
Feb 16, 2017 8:36 AM CST
Dollar-Store Solution to NASA's Poop Problem Wins $15K
It might just help save lives
- When Thatcher Cardon considered NASA's Space Poop Challenge —seeking a solution that would allow astronauts to relieve themselves while wearing a space suit for up to six days—he thought about how doctors can "replace heart valves now through catheters in an artery" and concluded that a...
Pope Thinks Media
Has Problem With Poop
Dec 7, 2016 3:04 PM CST
Pope Thinks Media Has Problem With Poop
Francis says scandal-obsessed media serves feces and people gobble it up
- The pope is very concerned about the media's love of poop and the public's desire to eat said poop, CNN reports. "The media should be very clear, very transparent, and not fall prey ... to the sickness of coprophilia, which is always wanting to communicate scandal, to communicate...
You to Help
Nov 24, 2016 9:52 AM CST
NASA Wants You to Help Astronauts Poop
Space diapers just won't cut it
- Pooping in space "isn't glamorous, but it is necessary for survival," an astronaut explains—yet it's presenting quite a challenge for NASA. See, while the International Space Station has a pretty fancy toilet , an astronaut must wear a diaper during launch and landing activities or while...
Meet the Guy
of Hard Poop
Nov 14, 2016 9:47 AM CST
Meet the Guy With World's Largest Collection of Hard Poop
George Frandsen nabs Guinness World Record with fossilized feces
- One of George Frandsen's prize possessions weighs over 4 pounds, hails from the Miocene Epoch, and is named "Precious." This paleontological treasure also happens to be a huge piece of fossilized coprolite—aka prehistoric poop—and nearly 1,300 similar samples like Precious have catapulted Frandsen to...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Winners, Losers From the 4th GOP Debate
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.